4.0 out of 5 stars Sagemcom Sixty Cordless Telephone and Answering Machine
Published on 7 Aug. 2011 by RobC.

1.0 out of 5 stars I really, really, tried
Without doubt this phone is one of the greatest triumphs of form over function ever. Clearly it wasn't tested before it was let out.

Published on 19 Jan. 2012 by Phil_atelic

4.0 out of 5 stars Sagemcom Sixty Cordless Telephone and Answering Machine, 7 Aug. 2011
I have been using my "sixty" for about 6 weeks now and I am very impressed with the clarity and the stylish looks. The downside of this phone is you have to get used to using the round dial again, which on the face of it sounds a small problem but in reality your mind automaticly trys to dial in the modern square shaped arrangment so you sort of have to retrain yourself to find the numbers in the retro round dial shape. The other thing I found abit retro is that the numbers are not on the hand set part of the phone so you need to be at the side of the base unit to dial out, however you can receive phonecalls with the handset part away from the base unit. Plus points are that in addition to being an answerphone it can also remember the phone number of incomming calls when you have not picked up the receiver - which I now realise happens suprisingly more often than I had previously thought. It has volume controls and a builtin speaker phone and microphone which is not only easy to use but is made to be used when you are over the other side of the room - so no shouting is needed when using speaker phone just your normal voice. A large number of dial tones is available including the standard bell sound. My "sixty" is the black one which I feel fits into the home or office surroundings more easily than the original orange colour. The phone is very well made of high quality matirials and looks like it has been made to last a long time with alot of use whilst remaining stylish.Sagemcom Sixty Digital Cordless Telephone and Answering Machine Retro Style - BlackSagemcom Sixty Digital Cordless Retro Style Telephone

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 1 April 2011
I bought this SIXTY cordless phone for its lovely unique classic and retro design. Actually I have also been pleasantly surprised by the modern and intuitive technology that it brings along. To me, this is like a smart-cordless-phone!

All my friends want it. I wish we could have other fancy colours soon !

1.0 out of 5 stars I really, really, tried, 19 Jan. 2012

I bought this about 3 months ago, lured by the stupidly bling appearance and I have given it a chance to grow in my affections. But it failed. I replaced it with a Siemens C300A yesterday. A proper phone with two handsets for half the price.

The Sixty is wrong in almost every way. The handset feels cheap and flimsy in your hand; The screen, although large, has fuzzy characters; If someone hangs up without leaving a message the answering machine obligingly records around 15 seconds of dialtone and then flashes to say you have a message; And then flashes to say you've missed a call (or sometimes it doesn't depending on rules only it can understand); If you make a call to someone who is engaged and hang up it will flash to say you've missed a call!!!!! The menu structure is fiddly when trying to clear all these erroneously flashing lights; When trying to tell you who has rung the display can't show you all the phone number; The available ringtones are truly naff in my opinion; Callers' voices sound quite muffled; You have to stand by the base unit to make a call or see who is calling even though the handset is cordless; It doesn't work well, if at all, with answering services that require you to have a touch-tone phone - So despair if you are faced with a "Press 1 to speak to an adviser" (this was the straw that broke my back). Do I need to go on?

On the upside it is Very Orange and the lights flash.

I've learned my lesson.

I wish I could give zero stars. One is far too many.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow great phone !, 8 April 2011
Got this phone last week , I cant say enough how impressed I am , Retro ring tone and look - everyone wants one who see it
Other colour choice would be good

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but doesn't work well, 27 Nov. 2011
Peter Young (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
Although this telephone looks smart I regret buying it and will get rid of it. The problems that I have with it are: 1. The answer phone comes on too quickly. Despite setting it to ring the maximum of 7 times before answering, it only rings 3-4 times before answering. 2. With the answer phone turned off it still "answers" but just giving silence and then when the caller hangs up, it still displays the incoming caller and doesn't hang up so subsequent callers get engaged signal. I have tried changing the flash settings as the instructions recommend but this makes no difference.
Additionally, I find that I have got used to having dialing keys in the handset. I frequently find it is a nuisance to have to go back to the base station to ring a number that I have looked up somewhere else.
Unfortunately the good aspects such as very clear sound and good looks are over-shadowed by its faults.

5.0 out of 5 stars This has the wow factor big time., 4 Aug. 2011
When i saw the look of this phone i wanted it straight away. It is quite pricey but thats what you want in a way so that not many people have them. The packaging and instructions were very good. I love the look alot and the touchscreen is very good and always works well. It has a digital answering machine which works well too. I have set the ringer to the ringer that the old phone had which gives it that retro touch like it needs it anymore. The silver ring around the buttons has little white leds which light up when dailing making it look like the dial is moving around as with the old phone you would turn the dailer.
You also get a led flashing if you've missed a call or a message. The handset itself feels well made and fairly light. There is a little pearl type dot on 1 side of the handset which tells you which side has microphone and speaker. The call quality is quite good compared to many other more expensive phones. When you want to end the call the handset has a button or when you place it back on the base it gives you a little ring to confirm it's placed properly and is charging.
Overall a fantastic purchase that is well worth the money. I have a big gloss black and stainless steel themed kitchen so this fits in very well and since i bought it when anyone new comes to the house and they see the phone you can see the envy.

4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful design but beware the limitations, 21 Nov. 2011
NickyB "njthec" (South Falls, North Sea) - See all my reviews
My wife was looking for a way to prevent the children walking off with our traditional Panasonic cordlesses - leaving her with no phone, eg in the kitchen. We found modern wired phones ugly or office looking. So the Sagem is a great find - you cannot dial from the handset and we both think it is really stunning design. Missed call light is nice and the performance the phone puts on when you dial out is really great - spinning dial effect and sound.
Handset sound quality muffled compared to Panasonic- but OK. No volume control on handset so you have to do adjustments at the base.
The main gotchas are:- you can't in practise run two of these - the slave one will not dial out. To use instead third party phones, you register those to the Sagem base - again its not practical to register the Sagem to another systems base (won't dial if you do this). So we set our Panasonics as slaves to the Sagem base - can only run a total of 5 phones this way and we lose the "time" and all other display info on the Panasonics. In the end we're running the Sagem as a stand alone phone with its answerphone off, in parallel with our other system. That works for us ! I do like the phone .

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a piece of fun design, not a utilitarian item, 21 Jun. 2014
Buying this telephone and complaining it is impractical is like buying a Lamborghini and complaining that there is not enough room in it for all your shopping. It's a design statement for people who like that sort of thing. Personally I do like this sort of thing which probably makes me pretentious; if you think that then you're right but perhaps the Sixty is not for you!

I realise specifications change but the unit I have does overcome some of the objections raised in other reviews:
* and # keys - these are at the top of the 'dial' centre and need to be 'held down' (they are touch sensitive) for a little over a second to send the appropriate tone to line.

Answerphone too keen: after consulting the manual at length, (it is available online if you've lost yours) I found you could navigate the answerphone menu to three levels down and then select an 'off' option which stops the answerphone from working at all. Sadly it's true that with the answerphone on it is not possible to set the ring delay for more than three rings in the UK as it seems that the Sixty actually counts the number of rings (rather than charging a capacitor or otherwise getting a vague idea of how much ringing has happened so far, as many machines do) and what we Brits think of as a single ring 'burr-burr' is actually two rings of course, so at setting '7' the maximum number of UK rings is 3.5; tough but fair I feel:).

You need to be next to the base unit to make calls: True, but if you like the design and find the need to be near a phone socket a problem then Sagemcom have produced the 'Sixty Everywhere' which for a few pounds more has the same design but a base unit which is itself cordless and can be registered to another DECT base unit or to a square, black box supplied with the Everywhere which then plugs into a phone socket. Okay so it won't fit in your pocket but there are zillions of products out there which do so please leave this one for those who like it and accept it for what it is! Personally I wish I could justify the expense buying one of these to replace each of my existing phones so the need to be near a base unit would be solved by having one in every room!

1.0 out of 5 stars A rubbish piece of kit, and very annoying with it!, 13 April 2012
I completely agree with the other negative reviewers here, this phone was definitely not thought through.

First of all, the cordless receiver is almost useless since that's all that it is - a receiver. To dial, or attempt to see who's calling you, you have to go to the corded base (which, incidentally, does not look all that great in real life, despite all the hype in the media about its design). Then, the sounds are all muffled and so the phone makes for a very irritating conversation indeed. But the most annoying thing is the large but useless screen. The lettering is unclear, the navigation through the menu is far too complicated. Whenever somebody rings, the most annoying lights keep on flashing and you have to make a lengthy 4 or 5-step manoeuvre of pressing all buttons, just to stop that darn light from flashing! The answering machine is also far too fiddly to set up and so is the phone book.

All in all, one of my worst buys ever. To top it all up, I changed my landline from BT to another provider, and the phone has now stopped working completely. Called the manufacturer, they were as helpful as a chocolate teapot... after making me plug and unplug everything twice in different locations around the house, and take the batteries out then put them back in again in the receiver, they eventually told me to send it back to where I bought it from. Gee, thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sagecom sixt telephone, 24 Oct. 2011
Excellent and beautiful designed phone, which offers something different from your standard design out on the market. The phone is easy to operate and set up. I like the digital twist on the original dialing wheel, a great idea! Overall a well designed phone.