5.0 out of 5 stars Another Entertaining Programme Bites The Dust
The seventh Lewis series has given immense enjoyment. Unfortunately this is the last. Screen-writers and cast (I suspect the latter) have called it a day. We are left with filmed legacy of an expertly produced project. Lewis ('call me Robbie'), has Kevin Whatley being the obsessive never-go-home detective masking any social life and memories. Alongside is the erudite...
Published on 20 Feb. 2013 by ACB(swansea)

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed
I had high expectations of series 7, but was slightly disappointed. These final 3 episodes had a "tired" feeling about them and they were not up to the standard of the previous 6 series. Nevertheless, this was one of the better crime series from the U.K. and I am sorry to see it go.
Published on 2 Mar. 2013 by J.A.W.

‹ Previous | 122 23 2433 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Lewis at last, 25 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Lewis - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
It semed forever to get to this 7th series - so I ordered it as soon as it was out. I was a little disappointed that it only actually had 3 episodes in total..what happened to the rest?
However, really enjoyed the story lines and I have now completed my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars He may well return?, 23 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Lewis - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed Series 7 as with all the others very well produced, acting superb and that great City of Oxford atmosphere.
I get the feeling that Lewis may come back as special epsisodes every now and then, maybe at Christmas for the next few years?.(well i do hope so). The ending I thought was left a little open for this to hopefully happen?
I cannot see Hathaway ever re-appearing so a replacement will need to be found.....maybe a female character for a change.
These 3 episodes barely last for 1 hour and 27 minutes each on DVD, it just goes to show how much time adverts and sponsorhip takes up these days, I mean the old Morse episodes from the 80s used to run for around 1 hour and 40 minutes on DVD.
The packaging of this DVD is totally different from the rest as it has no cardboard slip case, I wish there was more consistency from the DVD companies as it does not match with the others on the shelf. Well at least I have them on DVD.....I am looking forward to the specials if they ever appear on DVD. Thanks for reading and like all Amazon products it came properly packaged and all in quick time.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT SERIES END, 23 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Lewis - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
A TRULY GREAT DRAMA SERIES AND A FITTING END TO IT. THE PAIR WILL BE GREATLY MISSED , BUT PROBABLY BEST TO END BEFORE THE SERIES BECAME STALE

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets better and better!, 22 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Lewis - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
Just brilliant, I always thought nothing could top Morse, but Lewis does its an absolute joy to watch. My only reservation is that there are just three stories, feel a bit sold short, but I can forgive this as the episodes are just riveting.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great partnershp, well acted & great story., 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Lewis - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
Great value & excellent quality. A great partnershp, well acted & great story. Brought for my husbands birthday & gives lots of pleasure by keeping you guessing. Now got all the series to keep us enterained during the cold winter nights. Reliable supplier, great item so would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Where are they?, 22 Feb. 2015
M. Dignum "diggers47" (Braintree, Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lewis - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I love the episodes..But where is it on Amazon Prime? You jump from season 5 to 8!!! How am i supposed to watch these great episodes again if there not available on Prime. (I'm not going to buy)

5.0 out of 5 stars And then she kissed him!, 29 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Lewis - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
Fabulous series 7 just gets better and better, the story line we have been waiting for - love it!!!!! Well Done.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed, 2 Mar. 2013
J.A.W. (Groningen, Netherlands) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Lewis - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed this crime series and the relationship between Robbie and James absolutely riveting ! I would recommend this without a doubt .

3.0 out of 5 stars It's over!, 5 Aug. 2013
Mikel (Madrid, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lewis - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
It's good when the creators of TV series recognise that they've taken the idea as far as it will go and decide to end it in a dignified way. The stories were still well-plotted, and I still liked both the main protagonists so that there was no feeling that the series was beginning too drag...

‹ Previous | 122 23 2433 | Next ›

Lewis - Series 7 [DVD]
Lewis - Series 7 [DVD] by Kevin Whately (DVD - 2013)