5.0 out of 5 stars Big For A Pocket But Well Worth the Money!
This was 9.99 when I picked it up and the only criticism I could possibly have is the size. Having thought it was 'pocket' sized I was quite surprised how big a pocket you might need - about six inches long! Yes, out on walks people will think you are happy to see them..........

Published 13 months ago by Filthy Raider

3.0 out of 5 stars Cvlife 16? X 40 Compact Sports Monocular
Published 2 months ago by Mikerometer

5.0 out of 5 stars Big For A Pocket But Well Worth the Money!, 22 Jun 2013

I have limited vision in my eyes because of Cogan's Dystrophy so I often have one eye clear and one blurry so binoculars were no use. This one comes with a case and cloth and a very good eye piece that means I can use it with glasses.

It focuses by twisting near the eye piece and I found the best way to use it with specs was to turn the body to focus. Saves marking your lenses.

Did a bit of moon and star gazing for which it was pretty good - but it won't replace a telescope. However the clarity was good for general use and I am very happy to recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality combined with Value, 30 Mar 2013
I was looking for a low priced monocular scope observing wild life while walking my dogs, so thought a low priced scope would have limitations, what a surprise!
this scope is as good as many costing four times the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for money, 13 Dec 2013
This monocular has good optics. Images are clear with good contrast. Compares well with my 10 x 50 binoculars in this respect costing several times more. Feels good for spectacle wearers and non wearers alike. It feels sturdy and comes with a cleaning cloth and pouch which you can attach to your belt but this may be uncomfortable due to it's relative large size. It also comes with a strap which attaches to the monocular.
I have compared the magnification to my 8x and 10x binoculars and also my 16x telescope. It seems that this monocular is about x10 and not x16 as advertised. Just as well really as any more magnification would make it difficult to use. The field of view could be better but not bad. This seems to improve slightly if you roll back the rubber eye piece.
The near focussing limit is about 8 meters which is good. This improves if you are short sighted and don't wear your glasses. I have a dioptre of about minus 3 and can focus down to about 6 metres. At infinity I can only just focus when not using glasses but not a problem with them on.
Any drawbacks: It is a little on the large size but will still fit in your pocket and more convenient than binoculars. No lens caps so essential to use the pouch.
This is a very good monocular at a bargain price. You should not be disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pocket monocular telescope, 1 May 2013
R. Game "Ricky G" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This was another present I ordered for a friend who is an avid horse racing fan and has used it frequently since receipt. It is easier to use than binoculars and obviously smaller and easier to carry. There is also a carry case that attaches to a belt but it is still small enough to easily fit into a pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 25 April 2013
This monocular is well worth the money.
It is well made, rubber armoured and gives a very clear image of 16x magnification.
It has a lanyard to enable the monocular to be hung around the neck, is reasonably light and comes with a case which can be attached to a belt etc.
If you are after a monocular and are put off by cheap eastern devices, buy this one with confidence.
I am very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for steady hands, 30 Oct 2013
pete432 (Ross-on-Wye) - See all my reviews
Had to give it 5 stars, for the price this is excellent, light, compact and the optics work well, cant say any more it works, as with all monoculars you need steady hands or lean against a post or tree, pouch is a bit fragile but a better pouch is very cheap enough

5.0 out of 5 stars Monocular, 24 July 2013
David A. Craven (manchester, england) - See all my reviews
Bought this to use on holiday and for general spotting. It is very simple to use and is not as awkward as binoculars. Excellent value, received promptly and well packed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cvlife 16? X 40 Compact Sports Monocular, 28 May 2014
This review is from: CVLIFE 16x40 Compact Sports Monocular Telescope Pocket Mono Spotting Scope With Pouch Black (Misc.)
Received this item well inside the forecasted time. Was well packed and seemed undamaged. However, the first thing that becomes immediately obvious is that it does not measure up to specification. To start with, it is advertised as being 16 power, this is vastly over optimistic, as I have tested this item with professional equipment and found that it is actually 9.6X magnifications, although, you don't need any equipment to see this as it is quite obvious. The Objective lens is a cheap, badly ground lens that can be found in any childs toy, this shows up as soon as you try to focus it "the center of the image is in focus but the periphery gives the effect of a fish eye lens." I suppose that for under a tenner it is not bad so I am willing to accept this. I have yet to try it at night so I cant comment yet (watch this space) I would not buy this item again and I would recommend you spend a bit more and get a far better product. Overall, a cheap and nasty item only for KIDS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Family love this telescope, 6 Aug 2013
Bought this along with folding pocket binoculars for my grandchildren age 6 and 4 and it's great. Well used by both of them and by me when we are out for walks. Anything from birdwatching to playing pirates. The magnification is good and its lightweight and compact. Great value at little more than the cost of some toy ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Monocular, 3 April 2013
Easy to hold with a disability and pocket size so tou can carry anywhere good sight to see very happy with purchase came the next day excellent delivery