on 14 May 2012
I was very impressed right from the first section. You get the impression that the author doesn't beat around the bush and gets straight to the point. That's the kind of style I like. Section one actually begins with one of the best tips I've ever read! I won't give it away.

I particularly enjoyed the section on getting cheap newspaper ad space. It's written with great humour and I can easily see the vast majority of people making the mistakes the author points out. Not me though, not now anyway! Once you've read that section, you'll know immediately how to get your brand in front of the widest audience for the least money. For the price of this book, that is a deal breaker!

The book is absolutely crammed with tips on getting the most out of your advert, your investment that has cost you money. Knowing how often you should place your advert in the paper to get the maximum benefits at the least cost was clearly a great thing to know.

The author clearly knows his stuff, I enjoyed this book and doubtless I'll refer back to it in the future.
on 17 May 2012
This is a great book and quite an eye opener to the business of advertisement. I am afraid that I have been one of those people who have paid through the nose for an advertisement. But that is in the past now after reading this very informative book I now know much more about how the advertising people work.

The author gives you many tips and tells you the secret behind the scene in the advertising world. The guidelines to follow are sensible so the next time I am going to buy an ad I will take a whole different approach when I deal with the advertising people and I am sure it will save me lots of money. This book is defiantly a great investment.
on 14 May 2012
I hate trying to organise advertising for my music store. Its boring and potentially extremely expensive and a huge job to get absolutely right.

I love the section about getting cut rate advertising space, great information that the media will not tell you!

I think this book will save me a fortune, as i have already read several sections where I can improve my adverts.

Thanks a lot for a grea book, that will actually do what it says.. Show you how to do it correctly..

Good job.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This very short book is written in a chatty, down to earth style. It contains lots of clear, simple and not-so-obvious advertising advice

If you are considering spending any money on offline advertising, then get this guide and you'll not only save your advertising money but you'll be more effective.

If I was to complain, then I'd say it repeats itself several times. Topics are mentioned once and then covered again later on in almost the same way.

The punctuation and grammar are also a bit flaky. But this is not such a big deal as the book is so useful.

The other point I'd make is that there is no reference (that I could find) to the online world. This is something I found odd these days, even in a book about offline advertising.

Nevertheless, I got real value from this book.

Recommended.