5.0 out of 5 stars Gigaset A120 Single Dect Cordless Phone - Black
The handset did feel light but then my old phone was very old. The buttons are positive with a quick response.
The display is clear. Setting up was very easy and the only fault (in my opinion) is the ring tones. I will get used to them though.

Published on 19 Aug 2012 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars very low ringtone,i am very disapointed with this product
the ringtone is low i can hardly ear it,if i could return it for anouther cordless phone i would be pleased to do it
Published 22 months ago by david

5.0 out of 5 stars Gigaset A120 Single Dect Cordless Phone - Black, 19 Aug 2012
Amazon Customer (Holmeswood, Lancashire) - See all my reviews

The clarity on incoming calls and recorded messages is very good and the range from the base is more than adequate for our use.

I like the little touches; the short press on the green pickup button to bring up the last number dialled, one button press for access to messages, and an extra alarm clock I can always use. I also appreciate that you can set it to open your call by lifting it out of the base.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cordless phone set, 20 Sep 2012
This does what it says on the box, I did not want an answering machine, so this was the set I chose. I priced around and this was the best price available, and with no postage charges, came out on top

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value for asking Price (3 for the price of 1)., 6 Oct 2012
David Glasgow "Wego" (Co.Tyrone, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
For the current asking Price of under 25 quid, these Trio (3) Phones in a nice box set made by a German setup (so, high quality assured).

I bought Because I lived and worked in Germany in 1991, and Gigaset was a Trusted Brand sold in the shops away back then, but 'DECT' had

not yet risen it was 'RF Wireless technology' inferior compared to what we have today. (Well the DECT Threesome Handsets) are light, yet

sturdy, and have a cool & vivid caller display, letters and numbers. A built-in telephone book, and tonnes off features, to get stuck into.

The digits are all back-lit so you can see in poor light, just what number you are dialing, and what your are pulling out of your address book!

They come with decent quality (AAA rechargeable batteries) to insert then set on the charging station to charge which takes 2-3hrs only.

Its an all inclusive package, which means you don't need to buy anything extra, its all there in the Box.

The Gigaset A120 DECT Trio Cordless phone set are unbelievably good value for money. I bought myself (1) Then ordered another (2) sets for Xmas

presents, which will not be long away. (Before they sellout at the current asking price, they are a mere Bargain).

The reception is very good throughout the house, and have not encountered any signal dropouts (whatsoever).

All in all, I'm very happy and relaxed with my purchases, would highly recommend to anyone who would normally only go for a single or double

pack, you can like grab a (3 DECT Cordless Phone-set) made by Gigaset, a faithful German brand, and something that will last 3-5yrs.

Tell you what, if think you have not bought a reasonable bargain, once you get them charged and in everyday use - I would be disappointed,

as they have a lovely ring tone, the type that's difficult to find these days, and they are very light, yet robust, and well made.

I hope my review has been of some help.! 'Thanks for reading'...

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you want from a home phone, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Gigaset A120 Twin DECT Cordless Phone Set - Black (Electronics)
I am really happy with this phone having bought the 2-pack. I bought this phone set because of the ECO technology and because of its positive reviews, and despite the many less positive reviews that say the phone is very quiet (because I didn't see how this be likely).

I am glad I went ahead because this is all the home phone I will ever need. The build quality is very good, and whilst the plastic is hard and thin, it is textured and comfortable and feels like it will last. No rubbery bits that eventually peel off, or silver coating that eventually wears through. The sound quality is top notch - I can only think that some other reviewers do not realise that they can turn the earpiece volume up. I have normal hearing and the loudest setting is too loud. The ringer volume is also absolutely fine. We live in a relatively large house (3,000 sq ft) with many walls, and I can hear at least one of these phones from anywhere when they ring. I have them on setting 5 (max). Some of the ring tones are 'interesting' but they will be on a £150 phone too. Also, there are also some unexpected features. The time and date are displayed, there is caller display, it stores 50 numbers if you can be bothered, and it makes life easier by automatically transferring them to the other phones in the set. You can make an internal call, page the base station, and forward calls to another set too. I didn't have these on the £100 set this replaces.

Finally, battery life is immense. I have taken other reviewers' advice and heeded the instructions regarding extending battery life by letting them run down completely after the first charge. Eight days later and both phones have battery life left having had no recharge!

As you can see I am a fan. It's all you need from a phone at a cracking price. Well done Gigaset.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, simple & great value, 26 Sep 2012
Mike Sanders (Stockport, UK) - See all my reviews
These are absolutely great value at the price paid (£25 for a 3-pack delivered). Compact and light. As others have said, the ringer volume is not particularly loud but it's not been a problem as we now have wireless phones in almost every room and without lots of wires (why not at this price?).

Nice internal call facility (press INT then handset number 1 to 4) though this is (fairly obviously) restricted to handsets linked to the same base station.

We have two other Siemens DECT base stations from earlier purchases (going back years) and these phones are fully compatible i.e. they can be linked to any of the three stations and, conversely, any of the old Siemens handsets can link to the new base. In theory I suppose they ought to be compatible with any DECT base station but experience shows this isn't always the case across different manufacturers and I haven't tried to do it.

There is a limit of four handsets to any one base station but there is nothing preventing you doing what I have done and attaching multiple base stations to extensions on the same phone line. Certainly I've had no problem connecting three Siemens base stations with a total of around 9 handsets (each linked to a particular base).

The supplied handset batteries are relatively low-capacity (400mAh) AAA re-chargables but if you generally keep the handset on its charger stand this won't be an issue. In any case, as they are a standard-size removable battery, it is easy enough to switch to higher-capacity batteries with the same voltage.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 24 Oct 2012
This is a great value product,good quality and stylish. As long as you don't need an answerphone it has all the features you need at a discount price without any noticable reduction in quality of materials. The reception is great.

1.0 out of 5 stars very low ringtone,i am very disapointed with this product, 23 Feb 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars The point of a phone is that you can hear it when it rings .....!, 4 Oct 2013
Having moved into a new house on three floors I was happy to by a Siemens product at such a great price. You pay for what you get... utterly useless. Volume 5 is the highest volume and I'm not hard of hearing but couldn't hear the phone when it rang. What is the point of a phone you can't hear ( with dreadful ringtones I might add) even when you are in the same room. I returned them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gigaset A120 Twin Cordless Phone Set, 16 Oct 2012
D. Hollingsworth (England,UK) - See all my reviews
I needed a wall fitting cordless phone and settled on the Gigaset A120. Very easy to set up, for once manufacturers instructions were clear and precise. The only problem with the A120 is its ringtone. Even on the highest volume it is very quiet and is useless for anyone who is hard of hearing. Other than that the A120 represents good value at the lower end of the price range.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not happy, 5 Feb 2014
Since I got these phones my conversations get cut off all the time so I don't think they are a very good product.
I know for sure it has nothing to do with my