on 24 May 2012
I enjoyed this episode in the Omniverse series. It was a little confusing seeing a new chapter that was talking about a whole new timeline, I had to go back to the beginning of a chapter and start again a few times when I realised that the last chapter wasn't directly before the one that I was reading.

Once I knew that the book was doing this then it became a lot easier to read the rest until finally I screamed at the book for not having any more pages to read. Now I have to wait ages for the next set of chapters to be written!

The book could do with another round at the editors, there are quite a few spelling mistakes dotted around but for a self published book the writing structure in this book and the others in the series is really good. It has kind of ruined some other self published sci-fi books I've bought on the kindle because they all seem amateurish by comparison!

I recommend the whole series of books for any sci fi fan. The characters are great (some lasting through thousands of years of story arc) and the concepts are mind buzzingly brilliant.

You should get this book (and the others in the series). The covers are a bit crap though, the writing style and quality of these books deserves the kind of covers that appear on Peter F. Hamilton books. (but you know what they say about judging a book by its cover don't you?) :-)
on 19 May 2016
Great idea, fast pace, excellent characters and age of imagination!! Would recommend highly to any serious science fiction reader. Great!!
on 17 February 2014
I just posted my review on the next book in this series.
What a pity that a great story line with a really good first book, could end up like a car wreck !
This 2nd book starts to stretch the imagination to the point of where nothing makes sense !
The author seems to be wrapped up in his own weird time line, that he makes us poor readers also suffer, with his all impossible plots . And frankly the next book is even worse, if that's possible
on 10 February 2014
I do find parts of the both part 2 and part 3 repetitious, none the less Steve certainly knows his subject and how to hold the readers attention. I find the weaving together into the story all the Earths religions a clever idea and he has carried it off a lot better than most SCIFI authors who have gone along similar paths.
on 19 August 2013
Have enjoyed the story so far but have found that it is starting to run out of steam, I started reading the third in the series and haven't finished it which is a shame as the story line was pretty good to begin with
on 22 January 2014
Brilliant sci fi read, continuing on from The Omniverse - The Unearthing. Gripping, exciting story of the discovered buried alien spacecraft, and subsequent fight to save earth from extinction from alien forces.
on 14 December 2013
The impetus of the first novel beginning to wain, good concept but struggling to maintain interest in the characters, hopefully improves at next installement
on 1 January 2013
Curiosity drives me to keep reading this series to discover what happens next. Keep the story moving gang, you know you want to. Thanks.
on 23 February 2014
I know it isn't the most cerebral of SciFi literature but the scope and breadth of the story are in the best traditions do Space opera.
on 6 March 2014
Well what another great read by Mr Karmazenuk. Aeons war ahead what will become of Midan? Will it survive? Read for the next book.