‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Monster :), 9 Jan 2012
carly (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Monster (Paperback)
Love Monster is such a lovely little book, we really loved reading it.

Monster is a little bit different, he's not cute and fluffy, and living in Cutesville that can be pretty tough. He is unloved, so he goes in search of someone to love him, for just being himself. He searches high and low, with no luck. I just wanted to pick this lonely little fellow up an give him a big hug. But in the end love finds him, when he least expects it.

The illustrations in this book are wonderful, they are bold, bright, different and just really stand out of the page. Between the story and the illustrations, this book held my little one's (3) attention throughout, I kept hearing AWWW and poor Monster.

The lesson in this book is brilliant, it teaches you not to judge on looks, it's OK to be different and everybody deserves to be loved.

We received Love Monster in the post this morning and we have already read it four times together, so this book is definitely a winner.

Thank-you Rachel Bright for putting together this lovely little book and thank-you to Harper Collins for sending it for review! We will be looking out for more works form Rachel Bright.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Monster!, 13 July 2012
This review is from: Love Monster (Paperback)
I got given this for my birthday and I must say, it's a hit! Funny, warm, inspirational and charismatic, Love Monster should be on your bookcase, coffee table, wherever! It may look like a children's book but in reality it is lovely short story that tugs at anyone's heart-strings who has love in their life. Might I add, I am Twenty and I still get joy re-reading it... Good stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 7 Aug 2012
Michael Kirwan (Greystones, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Monster (Paperback)
My daughter loves this book. Rachel Bright is a brilliant children's author and this beautifully illustrated tale keeps my little one engaged. Perfect for a two year old (three now...).

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving the Love Monster, 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: Love Monster (Paperback)
This book is brilliant: great story line that captures you heart. The illustrations are great and really compliment the style of the story. Recommended for adults and children alike!

5.0 out of 5 stars So sweet, 21 May 2012
This review is from: Love Monster (Paperback)
We recently discovered Rachel Bright with our introduction to her books via What Does Daddy Do?

This book is a little bit short on words and length but this does very much fit in with the story i.e. a really sweet little story about finding love when you least expect it. Lovely illustrations complement the story beautifully. Both my children love it.

The end always makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Add it to your children's library, you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Book, 2 Mar 2012
This review is from: Love Monster (Paperback)
My 20 month old adores this book and asks for it every bedtime, and at naps. She calls the monster 'Bobo' and really gets into the bit about feeling sorry for him, stroking him etc. It's very simple, and the illustrations are expressive enough that even younger children such as mine would get something from it. Very cute!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Fab, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Love Monster (Paperback)
Such a lovely book with a heartfelt message. My daughter loves this. The animations and story are just fantastic and charming

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story., 16 Mar 2014
Lovely story!
The book is great quality, robust & durable. We'll be collecting more of these for our daughter! We have three so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Love Monster (Kindle Edition)
Perfect for my valentines assembly. The story is great and with the illustrations it will be just right on our muftie day to help raise money for our sponsored child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just loved it, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: Love Monster (Paperback)
Getting ready for Christmas, got this for our granddaughter who will be 2, she loves reading with you and will love this book

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›