on 1 May 2013
How can I possibly comment on this classic? Ithought that, for such a reasonable prrice, the book was well produced and I enjoed re-reading a favourite from schooldays. This is a readable, imaginitive version of the biblical story of the rise and fall of Satan. Very rich poetry, painting vivd pictures.
on 17 June 2013
Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained, written by John Milton, is an amazing poem that talks about the Genesis story of Adam and Eve. I highly advise buyers to buy this edition from Amazon because it is a huge classic that has such a low price! :)
on 13 October 2013
I hadn't dipped into Milton since school days and was again enchanted by the depth and range of language and imagery which chracterises this epic poetry. Perhaps the combinaton of his strong faith, his blindness and his daughter's devotion helped MIlton to depict the scenes of the Fall of Man and his salvation in such rich colours to achieve the pinnacle of the u se of the English language.
on 22 November 2013
This is a great book if you are a fan of 17th Century verse.

Not the easiest book to read but once you get into it you get submerged in Milton's world and the issues he tackles.

Highly recommended for anyone who thinks they can handle it, but do some research first so you know what you're letting yourself in for - it's not a 'commuting' book.
on 31 May 2014
I've always meant to read this and the little I have mastered so far is wonderful but it is a bit like academic study.
on 14 February 2016
Collins Classic 2013 Edition: Just found a typo on page 5, hmph! Another edition might be better.
on 16 April 2016
Tried to immerse into real English... still a bit 'difficult' to Polish speaking "Ponglish", but I will try. I read great translation into Polish in the past, but someone steal from me... :-( . Very nice poem....
on 28 October 2013
well worth reading although not for the faint hearted because its very intense so more like a reference book but makes interesting reading just have lots of patience to be read in stages as the book says its a classic!
on 18 October 2014
Collin's classics are exactly famous for great covers, but one shouldn't judge it by that I suppose. The book is fantastic, although weirdly narrow- but the proem style fits anyway.
on 30 November 2013
I have always wanted a copy of Milton's poems and this is a good one. Simply set out, I can browse or immerse myself at will. Service was good too.