5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, timeless classic and funny; a very good present
I loved this book when I was small and my three children have enjoyed it just as much. This and all the other Mog stories are firm favourites in our house and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a present for a child. Little ones will enjoy having it read aloud, and bigger ones will be proud to be able to read it themselves. The story is simply and clearly told as...
Published on 5 Jun 2009 by CA

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book
Lovely illustrations. Nice story about tolerance and best friends. Mog annoys all the family but saves the day when she alerts them to a burglar.
Published 17 months ago by regan clark

‹ Previous | 18 9 10 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My children enjoyed and now my granddaughter loves it, 2 Feb 2010
W. Edmunds "kimbobill2" (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mog the Forgetful Cat (Paperback)
It was one of the books most loved by my children back in the eighties and it's one of the books that we kept. It has been brought back to life with my granddaughter. they all love shouting "bother that cat" they wait for that line each time it binds them to the book and helps them read. It isn't the best written book to help your child read but is 5 star

5.0 out of 5 stars MOG... is very funny, 8 Jan 2010
M. Ruggeri "Lale" (Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mog the Forgetful Cat (Paperback)
I think this book is very funny and nice! I read the book every evening to my son and he likes it, too.
I bought this book because I want to read it to my students. It can be useful to teach English as a second language (for students from 6 to 11).

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful book for all cat lovers, 4 Nov 2009
This review is from: Mog the Forgetful Cat (Paperback)
My daughters loved this book when they were little, and so did I. Hilarious illustrations add to the charming text and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who has small children. I have just given a copy of it to my cat-loving sister-in-law who has just become a grandmother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 6 Sep 2009
Ms. J. D. Healey "Jules" (East Sussex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mog the Forgetful Cat (Paperback)
This arrived in good condition and just in time for my grand-daughter's birthday...... it was well received. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars The old ones are the best, 13 Aug 2009
Kerry (West Riding of Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
My 2 year old daughter loved this book when I bought it and loves it even more at 2 1/2. I can also see it working on different levels as she gets older.The burglar puzzled her at first but now she seems to understand. A lovely classic book that every toddler should own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 16 July 2014
good story

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is perfect for any young cat lover!, 25 Mar 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Mog the Forgetful Cat (Paperback)
I first read this book when I was six years old in the school library. Mog's adventures, paired with the beautiful illustrations and easy understand text, is a perfect concept for a book. Unlike some books aimed at this age range it treats the child as an intelligent individual. I would recommend this book to any parent, teacher or child looking for a good story.
It sparked off, for me a lifelong interest in cats. Even although I am now 17 I am beginning to collect the complete set of Mog stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter Loves it!, 12 Sep 2005
This review is from: Mog the Forgetful Cat (Paperback)
My eldest daughter (5) absolutlely loves this book.
The auther obviously knows cats and how stupid they sometimes are. The book is well ilustrated with lots of detail. This is a great book for kids of all ages!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cat burglar, 7 Feb 2012
Solid construction with nice images and choice words. Bought as a bed-time story for our 3 year old daughter but have to skip the bit at the end about the prevented burglary. Not sure that's the kind of thing I'd want to hear just before bed but then again the gingerbread boy gets decimated by a wolf!

1.0 out of 5 stars dull dull dull, 23 April 2011
This book is very long winded and to be honest both my daughter, husband and I find it incredibly dull. We have read it twice and it has been consigned to the shelf where I suspect it will stay for a very long time

‹ Previous | 18 9 10 | Next ›