4.0 out of 5 stars SLASH - APOCALYPTIC LOVE
When Slash released his debut solo album in 2010 it featured a wide and diverse selection of artists from the like of Ozzy to Fergie, Lemmy to Adam Levine as well as spots for Nicole Scherzinger, it was an album that worked well and featured a standout track in "By The Sword" sung by Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother. The album also featured two songs by Alter Bridge...
Published on 21 May 2012 by nin/ja77

3.0 out of 5 stars Flashy Stuff but lacks something
Don't get me wrong this is good music,but from a Man of Slash's calibre I expect something else.
I cannot quite put my finger on what is missing,The guitar playing is spectacular as you would expect the singing is great but it just does not go together for some reason.
The songs lack identity and it seems more of a showcase for individual performances than as a...
Published on 7 Jun 2012 by G. Cunningham

‹ Previous | 111 12 13 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars The first one was better..., 20 Sep 2012
Renato Medurecan (Zagreb, Croatia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apocalyptic Love (Audio CD)
I must say that this is the record that didn't impressed me as the first one. Maybe it was to be expected
after the first great album. Although, this album is full of hard rock themes and Slash "brand riffs", but the
songs aren't catchy like the titles on the first album. Although, there are some great songs like "Anastasia",
"Not for me", "You're a Lie" or "Halo", but that's it. In my opinion, this album is just one more ordinary rock
record that contains few hits with several other songs that you will soon forget, and that are here only to fulfill
the album. One more thing I don't like is that Myles Kennedy wrote all the lyrics on the album and that he sings all
of them. Don't get me wrong, this man can sing very high, but i don't like his "colour of voice". That means when I
listen tracks on this album, I feel like I listen half of some Alter Bridge album, which is in my opinion, below
average band. I think and hope that Slash can find better singer for the next album.

2.0 out of 5 stars Average, 6 July 2013
What is good here is really good, but what isn't up to scratch is really lazy and at best is shopping mall music. Still not sure if I like Myles Kennedy's voice either

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Apocalyptic Love (Audio CD)
Not Slash's best album. The one previously was much more varied and I preffer the mix of artists to this

1.0 out of 5 stars SLASH AND BURN'T OUT...!!, 18 July 2014
This review is from: Apocalyptic Love (Audio CD)
RUBBISH - BARGIN BIN MUSIC...

NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH FOR LIFT MUSAK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, 22 Aug 2014
B. Anderson "BA" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apocalyptic Love (MP3 Download)
May not be Slash's best album. But it's still good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Tries too hard, 31 May 2012
I have only listened to this album twice so far, but what I feel is that it tries too much to sound like Appetite for destruction, and quite simply fails!
And if there is one album that nobody should try to recreate, it is indeed the classic "Appetite"!
Why does Myles Kennedy feels the need to sound like Axl Rose? Why is the sound of the drums so compressed? Where are the dynamics in the production, the fresh ideas regarding the compositions?

While I though the previous Slash solo album was absolutely great, fun and diversified, I really have to say that Apocalyptic Love is just re-heated Guns stuff.

The mag is great, interesting interviews, especially with Myles regarding his early carreer and jamming with the Led Zep legends.

2.0 out of 5 stars not that good unfortunately!, 9 July 2012
This review is from: Apocalyptic Love (Audio CD)
was really looking forward to this after the last slash solo album!but to me it really didn't get going till track 8 "anastasia"don't get me wrong slash is an excellent guitarist and myles kennedy is a superb vocalist(check out his work with alter bridge!)but this just didn't do it for me!my advice is spend your hard earned cash elsewhere!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally triumphant and most excellent, 13 Jun 2012
This review is from: SLASH-APOCALYPTIC LOVE (Audio CD)
If you love your guitar and appreciate epic, soul-filled solos then you have to buy this album, you will not be disappointed. We all know Slash is awesome on guitar and he and Myles Kennedy on vocals together have produced a classic rock album. It's a proper old-school hair metal revival that will rock your socks off!

2.0 out of 5 stars Major disappointment, 23 May 2012
I pre-ordered this album a very long time ago, it came on Monday 21st May, no problem there. I took it out, stuck it on the CD player, listened and....... do you know what?,it sounded very samey, boring, Like a Myles Kennedy solo album almost, not one track, could i name you, even now. I have listened to it , in the car, on MP3, loads of times, and i think Slash has gone backwards ,all filler and no killer! Just did not grab me a major letdown, i would not have known it was called Apocalyptic love, at all till you looked at album sleeve, compared to the last Slash album this one stinks sorry Slash, you need to raise your game matey..

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding, 15 Aug 2014