on 12 July 2013
I constantly purchase this product as I have found it is really good for sensory requirements for some of the adults I currently look after. Great product
on 15 May 2014
The beads came in tiny packets, with mistranslated spelling mistakes and Chinese-esque graphics.

There are six colours including see-through. The see-through ones become invisible when submerged in water. Put some in your hand, lower your hand into water and 'poof' you can't see them. Very interesting, if not slightly weird!

The beads take 8 hours to fully swell up and 500ml of water per packet. If you use multiple packets at a time, use a big bowl or you won't have enough space to allow the beads to swell up fully. My mistake!

We bought these for sensory play for an adult. (As opposed to a base material for house plants.) Young children would be very prone to attempt to eat these - they look and feel like jelly sweets - so supervision would be vital.

The sensory appeal is high. Bright colours, wet gel-like feel. Great for outdoor messy play on warm days too. If you make up multiple packs you can really get stuck in and watch them scatter through your fingers. The beads are bouncy too. Just make sure you've got somewhere to keep them afterwards - they really do swell up surprisingly well!

We haven't dried ours out yet, but I do wonder about how to dispose with care to the environment in the future if desired. Similar products, such as 'Gelli-Baff' made of the 'water-lock' substance sodium polyacrylate, can release the water when salt is added. I've experimented by salting one single water bead and it did indeed fall apart and release the water.

But, back on topic, these beads are an excellent value, fascinating product with great sensory appeal (but best for people not prone to swallow them).
22 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 December 2013
Disappointed in the amount in each bag - but they are lovely colours and quite amusing to use. Probably meant for children - but who said I cannot play with them at 77!!!!
on 25 January 2015
fantastic for sensory play, but need full supervision due to looking good enough to eat, these have been played with every day and have even had to go in the bath, very tactile.
on 12 March 2014
They are great, just what my daughter wanted for her foot spa.
One thing though, the longer they are left in water, the bigger they grow
on 26 October 2014
The water beads are great for a sensory experience for young children they had so much fun exploring them in the water tray. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount you get for the money. Very cheap and well worth the money.
on 25 June 2015
As a childminder love love these in the summer months will be ordering
More very soon
on 1 May 2016
Maybe I got a bad batch as many other customers seem to have been so pleased with these, however the ones I received were hardly coloured at all once "hydrated", they looked clear with a very small hint of colour if held up to the light, unlike the pictures shown. I also found that during the hydration several beads split into pieces as if they had been damaged.

They also took almost a month to arrive, the packets are tiny and contain far fewer than expected. I can see the appeal of these for kids (they do feel quite cool and the clear ones being invisible in water is fascinating) however if looking to use these for decoration I can't recommend them.
on 19 April 2016
I have just received my water beads but I orderd the 24 bags and I only received 5 bags and there for my wedding table decorations dose that mean I'll receive the rest of my water beads in another order ??
on 10 June 2016
Fantastic little beads that grow up to about 10-15 times the size of the bead size, and hours of fun for our son. He absolutely loved them