5.0 out of 5 stars Great shore story
A really good little story with a twist. Enjoyed the read.
I thank the author for keeping me entertained. Five stars
Published 22 months ago by Nathan Horton

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmm.......
The story started really well and I became hooked, sadly this didn't last. It felt as if the author became bored and decided to change the storyline half way through. The ending was silly and immature. Sorry.....might entertain some but not me.
Published 14 months ago by jean glew

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shore story, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Last Stop (Kindle Edition)
A really good little story with a twist. Enjoyed the read.
I thank the author for keeping me entertained. Five stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping page turner!, 15 May 2012
This review is from: The Last Stop (Kindle Edition)
I have loved everything I've read by Matt Shaw and this one didn't disappoint. It was another absolutely gripping book and had me hooked from the first page to the last. I don't know where the time went, I thought to myelf "I'll read a couple of pages before bed" and then before I knew it I was completely lost in the story. I was there, and let me tell you - it was a scary place to be!!
Without giving anything away, the ending was brilliant and I loved the authors notes at the back explaining about the book and also about the alternate ending.

This book proves that Matt Shaw can turn his hand to any kind of book, and again I highly recommend it! You'll love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 16 May 2014
This review is from: The Last Stop (Kindle Edition)
Last Stop was my first Matt Shaw novel and I really got into it after the first page. I could relate to the characters as they as I got to know them well and enjoyed how they met. I had to finish the book in the same day - it was worth putting things off so I could get to the ending

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice twist, 28 Sep 2013
Alan Teasdale "Alan" (Folkestone Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Stop (Kindle Edition)
Whilst reading this book I thought that I had the ending in my head and, although the characters were good I very nearly put the book down! I am glad I didn't! The twist at the end I wouldn't want to miss.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strangely compelling, 5 Sep 2013
D miles "Vicky40" (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Stop (Kindle Edition)
I can honestly say that I don't know whether I enjoyed this book or not! I couldn't stop reading it, because I needed to know where the story would lead. I don't know whether I can define this as a horror story, but it certainly gave me an uneasy feeling with each turn of the page. I don't know how I expected the ending to go, but it took me by surprise.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Last Stop, 4 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Last Stop (Kindle Edition)
Reading this I became totally absorbed in the mystery of the unknown. What was going to happen to these people? The strange behaviour of the inhabitants, the isolation of the main characters made for a very spooky and chilling read.
I felt cheated at the end because I feel the main character felt cheated too. There is nothing as precious as some thing that you are about to loose. That doesn't mean that I didnt like the ending because I did it was original and chilling. There were no good guys to come and save the day - but that made it real.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tales of the Unexpected Feel, 11 July 2014
This review is from: The Last Stop (Kindle Edition)
Two strangers fall asleep on a train and wake up where?...This book had a feeling of Tales of the Unexpected to me. Kept me guessing all the way through. Loved the characters. Without giving the plot away I liked the way the character at the end re-evaluated their life and their plans. However I was a little disappointed at the explanation of the cause of the strange events leading up to the ending. You will have to read to see what I mean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Jun 2014
This is the 3rd book i have read by Matt Shaw
And it is very good
They have all been great books
Just going to download his new one now
Keep up the good work
I am sure you will

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive reading, 14 May 2012
L Lamb (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Stop (Kindle Edition)
I really sympathised with poor James, the main character in this story. He'd had a rough time, battling with depression and losing his beloved wife. He had lost all enjoyment in life and wanted out. I so wanted things to change for him before it was all too late. And briefly things look up when James meets a woman who could possibly be his salvation. But wait a minute - this isn't some cheesy Mills and Boon story - this is MATT SHAW. After setting off on a train journey to begin his new life in the company of Lisa the two of them awake into a kind of "twighlight zone" of strangeness. Suddenely everything has become eerie and uncomfortable and James and Lisa have to try to make sense of the whole situation.
I loved this story. The way it starts out so normally, introducing you to the characters before plunging into weirdsville. I couldn't wait to find out what was going on. Definitely recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good story about a man who wishes to die but ..., 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Last Stop (Kindle Edition)
A good story about a man who wishes to die but first was to illegally emigrate to Australia. It is quite an original plot and does have some interesting, surreal moments. There is a massive plot twist halfway through the story. This would make an excellent film if made into a screenplay!

The Last Stop