on 24 August 2013
It has been useful to me as a reference medium and told me about places that I already knew in greater depth. My one disappointment was the absence of street and area maps, showing their changes over the years.
on 6 November 2014
An interesting history giving facts I didn't know. Also an interesting insight into the thoughts of people at the end of the 19th Century - the book is written in 1896. The illustrations however do not appear.
on 29 August 2014
Not easy to read - it's not recently written and the style of writing is a little antiquated but the detail is excellent and it throws up some fascinating facts about the way people lived in the past.
on 19 April 2013
As a Londoner I am always interested in the history of the place and this book seems well researched and easy to read. I am still reading and find this a good occasional dip in read
on 8 October 2015
London has a large great history about it . This book gives a concise history over time without going into great detail and so one can chose areas to go and investigate further.
on 14 May 2013
Interesting read enjoyed it.
short but very interesting.
love London history engaging facts.
wish there was more books on London history like this one.
on 12 June 2016
very interesting. Having grown up in the East End of London it was nice to know the history of places I remember. Great book for anyone of like childhood. five stars
on 30 April 2013
A good informative book. I learned alot about the history and development of London that I didn't know. A good book for anyone interested in our capital city.
on 14 April 2013
The book and the index fefer to maps and illustrations.
Where are they? Not in the download copy
If anyone has a copy of them I would like to see them
on 28 July 2013
Excellently written book that gives a lot of information especially about the early history. The later history seemed to have been rushed to finish the book.