5.0 out of 5 stars Great book
Really enjoyed this , loved the fact it was not sugar coated ! Couldn't put it down ! Great value.
Published 22 months ago by RagDoll

1.0 out of 5 stars I think this is badly translated
I am sure the stories are good but I feel like I am reading German text in English direct translation without any re-structure of sentence and phrases.
Published 4 months ago by Wei

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 1 Nov 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Not so grim, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Grimm's Fairy Stories (Kindle Edition)
Though many of the stories have been heard before, in one form or another, to read the originals makes you appreciate the imperfect but beautiful originals in their original telling

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stories, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Grimm's Fairy Stories (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading these original stories from The Brother's Grimm. I was a bit shocked at the endings of some, it certainly isn't Disney in that not every fairy story has a happy ending! Maybe not suitable bedtime reading for little ones, they may have nightmares but great for older kids, 11ish, upwards. Adults read it first so you can tell when your child is ready for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Fairy Tales, 3 Dec 2012
This review is from: Grimm's Fairy Stories (Kindle Edition)
Great stories for all ages and especially children these are morality tales & are rich in symbolism. three more words!!

1.0 out of 5 stars I think this is badly translated, 12 May 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Grimm's Not So Grim Fairy Stories, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Grimm's Fairy Stories (Kindle Edition)
The brothers Grimms, the most famous fairy tale writers that have EVER lived; their tales have survived years through each generation and have been adapted and transformed into some of the greatest movies and stage acts that have ever been created. Kindle users, if you haven't downloaded this FREE copy of 25 of their stories, than you are truly crazy for this is more than a bargain.

What I love about the original Grimm's Fairy Stories are that they are dark yet magically full of hope; as you read each tale you can't help but want the protagonist to make their fortune and secure their destiny while escaping the horrid situations they find themselves in. You can't deny these stories start your imaginative juices flowing as you can add your own twists and turns to each, just as Disney have done with some and that's why I gave it four stars; as much as I loved the original, I miss adding my own comedic twists to tales such as "Little Red Cap" and "Rapunzel"!

Regardless of your age though, you should definitely check out this book, especially you Kindle users out there!!! I know if I ever have kids, I am grateful to the Grimm Brothers for their fairy tales as they inspired me to make my own fairy stories...well, my friends enjoyed my retelling of One-Eye, Two-Eyes, and Three-Eyes when discussing this book so I suppose even having these tales for friends are also good!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Grimm's Fairy Stories (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed these old fashioned fairy tales, really took be back to my primary school days. Much better than these modern day politically correct rewrites of fairy tales books which has lost all essence of imagination.

4.0 out of 5 stars This book is very good reading, just enjoy every minute of it, 4 Sep 2014
This review is from: Grimm's Fairy Stories (Kindle Edition)
Could not wait to start reading this book, but as I expected some of these tales can be a little gruesome &
appear to be a little dark. This book has many stories, so if one appears too dark, you can always go on
to another, as they are only short tales. This book is very good reading, just enjoy every minute of it, I am
adult & really loved it.