4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading though difficult
Published 1 month ago by Ralph Walker

3.0 out of 5 stars Tough going
Anyone who though that Nietzche was going to be an easy read is going to be disappointed however to get inside one of the key philosophers mind and take all that is on offer here is going to eventually stretch you mind into new and interesting directions. Recommended for a long winters evening when there is nothing but soaps on the telly.
Published 21 months ago by Neil Spurgeon

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading though difficult, 20 Sep 2014
This review is from: Thus Spake Zarathustra A book for all and none (Kindle Edition)
I read this because I wanted to read some Nietzsche. I'm glad I did, though this is not an easy book to follow. It is composed of "sermons" by Zarathustra expounding a philosophy of life built around the advancement of man to Superman. Repeated themes are "God is dead" and the consequence in Nietzsche's phrase "Thou shalt becomes I will". This translation was spoiled by being written in a quasi 17th century King James Bible style English, perhaps because its a kind of religious text. Niezsche's message would have come across just as well in contemporary English. I don't know if this is because the original German was written in antiques style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, 21 Jan 2014
If your interested in Nietzsche READ IT if not do not. Simple as that!
Is a good read, well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 7 April 2014
I really like it and I found it very useful for my personal interests in psychology. Very complete. It comes as it is described, so very satisfactory.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tough going, 20 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars The most amazing philosophical work, 7 Jan 2013
This book by Nietzsche is the first (but major) step towards enlightenment. I understand some people find it difficult to comprehend, but that is his whole point: the Overman (Ubermensch in German or superman)is somebody who has developed themselves in all senses including a bright, brilliant and agile mind. I understood everything what I read and I am in awe. A key point is we should strive to achieve happiness within ourselves. And this is a very difficult task as we are embroiled in our 'bad karma' - a collection of repressed feelings that spring out from prohibitions that go against our spirit. These feelings tie us to false morals, false gods, false actions and lives. They make us small. And those who are trapped in smallness then cannot possibly allow for greatness in others. As they mock and criticise the great they further prohibit the greatness for themselves thereby re-enforcing the bullying of their spirits. I wish you all to find your genius, your greatness, self-love and love.

2.0 out of 5 stars clearly an inspiration, 1 July 2013
I have to say I struggled with the book, but it seems to have influenced other authors and for that it is worth reading

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not that into Neitzsche, 19 Aug 2013
I'm not that into Neitzsche. Its a good insight into his thinking and some great quotes are gleaned from this book.

Everything for the Kindle is so handy, I'm carrying a library with me now. I never realised that there is so many great books free for the kindle, I add more every day!!

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 29 Aug 2014
didn't rate it

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreadable, 27 Nov 2013
What to say! One of the most boring books I have ever read. Do not allow young people to read it otherwise may be put off forever from reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very difficult to read and not what I was expecting, 10 Dec 2013
Hmmm. I don't know how better to put this. Obviously, this is in translation from the German and I can't really find fault with the translation. I thought that Nietzche would have been simpler to read but this is very difficult to follow and terribly boring for an "average Jill" like me.

The "death of God" is a very difficult and outspoken statement for me to grasp. If you like the music of Wagner you may well like this but I prefer Mozart, Bach or the Beetles so this philosopher, however brilliant he may have been, is no longer on my reading list.

Thus Spake Zarathustra A book for all and none