5.0 out of 5 stars "Blue Flowers" = Life, Love & Beauty
Published on 14 May 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Strange ?
I don't know what I was expecting but found it a very strange read indeed - not much more I can say.
Published on 12 April 2011 by JBS

5.0 out of 5 stars "Blue Flowers" = Life, Love & Beauty, 14 May 1999
By A Customer
This charming fairytale by the author of the beloved _Secret Garden_ is not just for children, but is a kind of "spiritual tonic" for folks of all ages. Ever since discovering HJKramer's magical edition, I have turned to _Blue Flower_ during times of spiritual or physical depletion and have always felt uplifted and enlivened by its positive message and exquisite artwork.
The book came to me in a strange, "Heaven-directed" way, during a time of immense grief over the death of a relative. I was ripe for its insightful messages that, "If you fill your mind with a beautiful thought, there will be no room for an ugly one"; and "There is no time for anger..." I have always been bolstered by this particular edition, so gracefully illustrated by Judith Ann Griffith, and over the years have gifted a few special souls, adults and children alike, with copies of this delightful book.
The "blue flowers" at the heart of the story have gradually become a sort of shorthand-code between me and cherished friends/relatives; and on special occasions, we sometimes exchange "blue flowers" as a colorful reminder of truths taught in Frances Hodgson Burnett's tale. The "blue-flower code" is simple and speaks directly to the heart, saying, "We choose love, life, and joy over fear, bitterness, and grudges." (Given current global upheavals and conflicts, maybe certain folks in High Places would do well to read this little book and internalize its simple truths.)
_The Land of the Blue Flower_ is very enthusiastically recommended for hearts of all ages, and Kramer's gorgeous edition is sure to become a family favorite.

4.0 out of 5 stars sweet story, 22 Jan. 2012
i enjoyed this quaint and sweet story...reassuring to read something that leaves no troublesome images in our mind's eye. The right kind of story for children and adults alike...

5.0 out of 5 stars The Land of the Blue Flower., 7 April 2014
This review is from: The Land of the Blue Flower (Kindle Edition)
A fantastic story . I first heard this when I was a child and have planted blue flowers ever since. Read it and you'll find out why!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Land of the Blue Flower, 9 Nov. 2013
VALERIEJSHUTTLEWORTH (Turkey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Land of the Blue Flower (Kindle Edition)
I have owned a hard copy of this book for many years but could not resist buying it for my Kindle.
It is an exceptional, deceptively simple story from the pen of the author of "The Secret Garden."

The descriptions of beauty and the inspirational message deserve to be part of all our lives!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 15 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Land of the Blue Flower (Kindle Edition)
Bought by my daughter as part of her reading dynasty. Read and reviewed for an English lesson well worth a read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Strange ?, 12 April 2011