on 29 March 2012
If your looking for for a compact wireless keyboard and mouse you will not find a better bargain than these. First off they both look great in white and there is no problems with fingermarks like on the black ones. They both still look like new and i have not wiped them once. My son has a piano black keyboard and it always looks terrible with fingermarks. Also they both feel very well made which surprised me for the price. The nano usb receiver is tiny and you only need the one usb slot for both keyboard and mouse. I just plugged in the nano receiver and both worked perfect with no problems. I sit about 10 feet away from the pc and there are no connection issues. The numlock was on by default but i switched it off and thats the way it has stayed.It does not default back to the numlock on startup as some others have stated. There is a connect button underneath both the keyboard and mouse if for some reason windows does not recognise them, but i did not have to use it because as i said they both worked fine with no problems. To sum up, these are 2 stylish compact devices that ooze quality at a very compact price.
on 22 July 2013
I have ordered, tried and sent back a couple of OTHER manufacturers keyboards, so when THIS one (the Perixx PERIDUO-707B PLUS) arrived, I wasn't expecting anything amazing. BUT it arrived and I must say, I love it!

1) It IS a UK layout, many keyboards of this type and price come in a US/International layout. This one is a TRUE UK layout! Also, the layout of the keys are great, it's compact yes, but I can type and navigate the keyboard without hitting the wrong keys or having any issues.

2) Quality: It's very good quality, it doesn't feel flimsy or cheap in any way. The mouse is also very good quality and feels just right. It's not too big or too small or too light. I have tried other mice that 'look' nice in a picture, but in reality were way too light and flimsly.

3) Other people's issues: Other people have said it doesnt work with Windows 7. That's incorrect, it DOES work. Some people have reported that it doesn't work to log on with a password. AGAIN, that's incorrect for THIS reason: The keyboard is mini style, that means it has the number row at the top but no number keypad to the right, it has an Fn key that activates a set of keys to act as the numerical keypad (normally found to the right).

SO, if you have pressed the Fn and Number Lock keys and use the numerical keys, then LOG OFF from Windows, windows will remember this and when you log back on, before entering your password, you will need to press Fn and Number Lock first. <<< HOWEVER AND THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!! >>> IF you DON'T press Fn and Number Lock and use the numerical keypad, (using the keys as normal), then when you log off from Windows, Windows WILL remember this. SO when you log back on you will NOT have have to unlock the keypad. It will act normally! So, it's not a product problem that people have reported, it's user error!! It's works FINE, I have shutdown and then re-started over 10 times now and can log on normally without any problems. you do NOT need another keyboard to log on!!

4) Final thoughts: I love it, I'm keeping it and would order more! It's a great compact size without compromising on quality or function. The only thing that would make it better would be if the mouse automatically turned off when you shut down your PC. I have used other mice that have that function (and yes cheap ones too). BUT the mouse DOES have an on/off switch, you just have to remember to switch it off to prolong battery life. The Nano receiver IS a nano receiver, some keyboards come with a larger dongle, so this is another plus.

BRILLIANT product, well done to Perixx.
on 3 July 2012
Firstly, absolutely first class service from the vendor - couldn't fault.
Moving on to the keyboard and mouse themselves, I was a little hesitant to purchase, given the problems outlined in some of the other reviews. I have to say this was not my experience!

I am always keen to try my new acquisitions, so didn't stop to read the instructions, just unpacked, found the receiver hidden in the mouse, plugged that into a spare USB port on the running computer and put the batteries in the keyboard and mouse. Hey Presto, both started working with no other requirement from me. (on a Windows 7 machine) so for good measure I unplugged the USB receiver and plugged it into a Vista machine - again instant keyboard and mouse and even found the same result with my old Win98 laptop - so excellent connectivity. I have not tried the bundled software as I don't need it

My only criticism of the keyboard is that there is no light when caps lock is on and as I tend to look at the keys when I type (I know I should look at the screen!) I sometimes find I have written a couple of sentences in CAPS. A minor irritation that could have easliy have been avoided, but hey, for the price who is going to quibble

Am seriously thinking of getting another one to use with my netbook
VINE VOICEon 26 June 2013
I use the Perixx for connecting to a Raspberry Pi, and it does it well. A small transmitter USB dongle sits compactly on the Pi without looking out of place. The keyboard and mouse both receive the USB signal well especially within 'normal' usage distances. I have only tried the Pi about 4 meters away, I see no reason why a greater distance would not work.

Although small, the Perixx feels well made. It is quite thick plastic, in a good feeling white finish. It looks quite neat and light enough to have on your lap all night without any discomfort.

The wireless mouse is a good mover, responding well to movements. I only used it on a plastic mouse mat, but it should work well on other smooth services.The keyboard also feels good with a positive action on it's keys, the keys feel well fitted, i.e. not stiff to press, well sprung, and smooth to use.

I like this set and would not hesitate to recommend it.
on 11 August 2013
This keyboard proved to be erratic and infuriating. You need to press the connect key every time you switch on the computer. Sometimes the keyboard wouldn't type the characters, or repeated the last letter several times.. The USB receiver was 2' away from the keyboard, but the connect button was always required. It was a disaster. This a definite NO, NO as a keyboard.
on 15 February 2012
Like another person in these reviews... I was looking for a wireless keyboard and mouse to replace a wired set to go with a Lenovo all-in-one computer. I came across this item which seemed to suite my purpose, the problem is that you can't always tell the quality from the illustration and the price seemed far too reasonable. I needn't have had any fears... this is a stylish, seemingly well built piece of kit which arrived exceptionally quickly. Yes as another person wrote there is a lack of LEDs, eg the NumLock which took me a while to workout that it was on by default when starting up... but the small onscreen window does tell you the keyboard status... remember on start up and when the keyboard is active, striking 'Fn and NumLk' keys takes off the NumLk. However, this is a very small problem given the price tag.

Judging from the reviews my initial problem isn't a common issue, my keyboard wouldn't bond with my computer although the mouse worked straight away. I got onto the sellers via email and was greatly surprise when they go back to me within twenty minutes. Accompanying their email was a small app and instructions which bonded my keyboard and computer within minutes. Not only can I say that this is a good item to buy but the customer support is excellent which isn't always the case. I would willing recommend both the product and the sellers to anyone looking for a wireless keyboard combo.
on 28 September 2012
Affordable and compact, just plug and play and away you go. The mouse is a little bit too light and feels a bit flimsy but it works well enough.

The main issue I have is that the advertised 10m range is simply not true. Even at 5 metres, with clear line of sight between the nano receiver and either the kb or mouse, the signal can vary.

If intended for use with a HTPC, this distance (or lack of it) may be an issue.

I also encountered the same problem as some other reviewers with garbled text, but this was caused by the the Numlock key mysteriously being toggled on when I first used the keyboard. This hasn't been a problem since.
on 26 June 2012
As previously stated by other reviewers this really is a great product. It arrived on time and did indeed work stratight from the box with my Shuffle PC.

Don't be put off by the very competitive price, this is a quality product and I am recommending to friends and colleagues.
on 27 January 2015
The last three companies that I have worked for, each issued me with a brand new laptop (Dell, hp, Dell) which their respective IT departments had wiped the hard drive so as to erase all the "bloatware" that geeks love to hate. They then installed a clone of the their setup so that all machines in the company operate in the same way, to make servicing easier. Sounds reasonable enough but on every occasion, the drivers for the trackpad and keyboard which are specific to an individual machine, have been substituted with some generic ones that don't operate the device correctly. I have given up trying to get the IT depts. to solve this so instead bought this little keyboard and mouse. It works a treat, I have been using it for about a year. As noted in other reviews you may need to unlock the numbers on the keyboard sometimes when switching it on. I only wish that the keyboard had a on/off switch like the mouse, so battery cannot be drained when not in use. I took to removing one of the batteries but with such frequent opening of the battery cover the little plastic tab has broken. I have improvised a repair which is fine for me. Used like this the batteries have lasted well.
on 28 December 2012
I was looking for a compact wireless keyboard to use with a Raspberry Pi. Another reviewer found that it works with Ubuntu so I thought this would be a good choice, and I am not disappointed in any way.

The keyboard has a nice positive action and is pleasant to use. With Ubuntu 10.04LTS and 12.04LTS the special function keys work out of the box. Nothing to install or configure to get this working! Multimedia keys for volume+/-/mute work fine. Play/stop/pause/next/previous track all work with Rhythmbox. The Email button launches Thunderbird email and the Search button launches file search. So support for this keyboard under Linux is excellent.

The mouse was a pleasant surprise - nice action, not too small, and provides handy storage for the wireless receiver.

On the Raspberry Pi, the mouse and keyboard work fine using the standard distribution (Raspbian Wheezy), though there is no pre-configured support for the special function keys on the basic distro.

A recommended package for those looking for a mouse and keyboard to work well out of the box with a Raspberry Pi, and most likely any Linux distribution.