5.0 out of 5 stars An extremely capable amp
A necessary purchase after my Sony DE545 AV Receiver unexpectedly produced the dreaded "Protect" notice. Well after almost 13 years hard use everyday not so surprising really but threw me into a spin as I needed a replacement urgently.

Published 13 months ago by ZeroZero

3.0 out of 5 stars I was super happy when I un-boxed this item as it looked ...
Published 1 month ago by Clive Elias Suffield-Thompson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An extremely capable amp, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Pioneer A-10-K 50W Stereo Amplifier - Black (Electronics)

There's a lot of amps on the market, some extremely expensive. So after some research I came across this Pioneer A-10-K at a reasonable price. (The positive reviews here helped.) I considered the more expensive versions of this model but the extra spec seems unnecessary to my requirements. After a visit to the manufacturers website to download the manual and study it carefully I decided to go for it.

Extremely fast delivery from the supplier -- Tribal UK, despite opting for the free delivery option. Tracking available and delivery time compressed to a one hour window. It doesn't get any better than that and a friendly call from the driver to let me know he's arriving.

OK to the point. This amp is excellent. Truly wonderful. It really outshines my Sony on pure sound quality. The ability to activate the "direct" button to bypass the tone, loudness and balance controls is essential for me as this forms the hub of a home recording studio. The unit feeds a couple of tall floor standing 120watt speakers and also my Adam passive studio monitors from my computer DAW.

Plenty of power on tap here for my requirements and the ability to mute the external speakers and use headphones is essential for late night working.

The sound quality is extremely sharp and well defined throughout the whole spectrum. The stereo sound image is clearly defined. I can hear into my mixes and mastering in a far more revealing manner than the Sony. (Like taking cotton wool out my ears!)

Wonderful, fantastic, excellent quality product at sensible price. The fact that George Martin at AIR Studios recommends the Pioneer A70 says it all.

If you can live without a remote control buy without hesitation, you won't regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it's certainly pretty good., 23 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Pioneer A-10-K 50W Stereo Amplifier - Black (Electronics)
The only thing I do not like is the same fault as shown by many other pieces of equipment. The grey markings on the black outer case are too small to read (I have 20/20 vision), and just one other tiny thing: you can only fit the speaker cables as wires without connecting ends. You have to take any end connector, such as a banana connector, off to push the end into he transverse hole in the 'post' on the unit before tightening down with the screw. With some other units you can surely just push the cable end with a connector already on it into a socket. Otherwise it would get five stars from me at least.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than a home cinema kit!, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Pioneer A-10-K 50W Stereo Amplifier - Black (Electronics)
I needed a new amp after my old NAD 3020B cooked itself, which I got for £6 from a car boot 8 years or so ago. I wanted a powerful amp to match my speakers, 2x 160w (LOGIK) with built in woofers, and a 350w (Tornado) sub woofer, it might sound like I want to play loud music, but really I just wanted a powerful system that you can play at a normal volume and still feel the kick from it, rather than a little system that you have to turn up high, and the NAD managed fine with this which left me worried if this would be as powerful as I wanted, as the NAD was quite a beefy system.
So when I set it up, it has a very smart look and it sounded even better, it has a crystal clear sound, even better than my old NAD, it was just as powerful too.
Then I turned on the loudness feature and it really stood out for me, it gives such a strong low end punch and still without having it turned up much, and still with crystal clear vocals/speech.
And I also watch films with this amp, as I hook it up to my computer and 22" screen, it plays better than a home cinema kit, of coarse you have to have the right speakers!
I don't have a small room and this amp definitely would not feel lost in the largest of rooms, it is a fantastic bit of kit and I am thoroughly pleased with it, it goes louder than you would ever want it before it distorts and you don't even have to have it loud to feel its power, if you want to know more, buy it yourself, you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Pioneer A-10-K 50W Stereo Amplifier - Black (Electronics)
Superb bit of kit, excellent value for money and has made our old vinyl sound better than it ever did before

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Pioneer A-10-K 50W Stereo Amplifier - Black (Electronics)
Bought this to go with my wharfdale diamond 9.1 speakers what a marriage great value... simple bass and treble... sound quality great well done pioneer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good basic amp, 28 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Pioneer A-10-K 50W Stereo Amplifier - Black (Electronics)
I wanted a basic amp to replace a 20 year old Kenwood unit.

I can't really fault this amp for the price. It sounds nice, has all the features I want (the next one up comes with a remote if you want one of those) and plenty of power.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 21 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Pioneer A-10-K 50W Stereo Amplifier - Black (Electronics)
Good value and good quality. Sound is good and makes my vinyls sound much better than my previous amp.

I got it from Tribal Uk on Amazon, the delivery was free and VERY fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product for the price, 19 April 2014
W. Islam "Wali" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pioneer A-10-K 50W Stereo Amplifier - Black (Electronics)
This is one of the cost effective Bi-wireable amps available. I'm running a pair of floorstanders through it with RMS 150W and 92dB receiving 24bit/96 through DAC. It has the ability to drive them well, but not as brilliantly as A50 model would. The front panel is pleasing with LED's and brushed finish. The plastic on the terminals in the rear feel substandard. For the price and competition you can't go wrong.

Pros:
Wide open sound stage that fills a room (or conservatory)
Detail is maintained at low volumes
High clarity (Heard instruments in tracks I didn't know existed)
Authoritative with a fluid sound

Cons:
Lower frequencies (bass department 100hz and below) slightly muddy (subjective) with some tracks
Lacks power, rumble and gusto to fully exploit a floorstander
Needs more sonic punch

Compared to a sony strdh820 av receiver, this is a better choice for music and not as tiresome to the ears. Where it lacks in delivering low frequency beats for dubstep it more than makes up in every other department. It all depends on what it is partnered with, but a fairly good set of bookshelf recommended over a floorstander.

3.0 out of 5 stars I was super happy when I un-boxed this item as it looked ..., 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Pioneer A-10-K 50W Stereo Amplifier - Black (Electronics)
I was super happy when I un-boxed this item as it looked really smart and just the look I wanted for my new music system. After the usual matching of cables and setting up my new matching CD player and turntable I was enjoying some really good music. The sound quality was really great and it was really good to catch up on a few albums I had not played for quite a while as my old system had died after a long 18 years of good service. As I sat and looked lovingly at my new purchase I noticed in the light coming through the window that the facia somehow looked slightly distorted from the inside out, slight micro protrusions. On looking closely at these I came to the conclusion that these were possibly through manufacture. I noticed the same but to a greater extent on the Pioneer CD player I had bought. So after some internal wrangling I decided to contact both suppliers with my concerns. Thankfully the supplier of the CD player has agreed to exchange the item FOC with no fuss. Unfortunately the supplier of the Amp I am still awaiting an answer.
Don't get me wrong the sound quality / Power and look of these is exactly what I was looking for but was disappointed at the lack of response over my concern from the supplier of the Amp. As I only make these important purchases with much consideration I feel that the thrill of it all has been taken away somewhat. Anyway Happy Listening!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Amp, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Pioneer A-10-K 50W Stereo Amplifier - Black (Electronics)
bought the amp unsure whether 50w would be enough for my bedroom as my previous amp was 150w. 50w is more than enough!! Excellent, crystal clear sound quality!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›