on 27 August 2013
This cover is perfect for the Kindle. It slots in easily and the cover does not obstruct the buttons on either side of the Kindle.

I would suggest that you buy the cover from Argos it is currently £24.99 (29.08.2013).
44 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 July 2013
I had a Kindle before the back lit version came out. I wasn't going to purchase another Kindle so I have always had to read in the daylight or with the light on in the evening. I read a lot. I am going on holiday so I thought I would buy a cover to protect the screen on the journey. I didn't know until I went to buy this that a lighted cover even existed. The mini light works really well lighting the whole screen and the actual leather cover is light and does exactly what I wanted it to. I recommend one of these covers to anyone who has the original Kindle.
on 29 June 2013
I bought this cover so that I could read in the dark without waking other sleepers. It works very well giving a good light fairly evenly across the whole screen. Furthermore it seems to use very little battery power.
on 9 October 2014
I think this case is top notch, BUT, the colour inside is grey like the old kindle, and the kindle 5th generation I have is black, so it looks a bit mismatched which is disappointing (though not the end of the world).

The light gives a nice spread across the text and even when I have the bedside light on, or in a dimly lit room, I find it's excellent to help focus on the book.

My only concern is the light does feel a bit flimsy, so I feel I need to be careful opening and closing the light incase I snap it, but it is bright!! In fact, one downside to it, is when I'm sitting in bed reading I have to keep the kindle slightly more upright so the light isn't shining in my eyes.

With that said, it's a lovely looking cover and it looks the dogs when it's sitting by the side of my bed, or on my desk at University. Also, and I can't verify this, but I think the elegance of this case when I'm reading from it, makes me look quite handsome and could possibly make me more attractive to women (I'll ask my wife and see what she thinks).
on 8 February 2014
The light on this is so poorly designed that it shines brightly in your eyes unless you hold your kindle at an uncomfortable angle (with the top of the kindle closer to you than the bottom of it). It is also so bright and poorly directed that it illuminates the whole room, making reading discreetly impossible.
on 21 November 2013
Had a long wait for this product as first delivery didn't reach me. On the 2nd order it arrived on time. On placing the 2nd order i must off changed colur preference as I received a purple cover but taught id ordered the black! Its not the best quality of leather but I like it! The light is excellent. No problems with reading in the dark except for when I try to lie down the light is so strong it creates a glare on my eyes minor problem.it just means adjusting the kindle angle a slight bit. qould love to have given this product a five but have to say for the price ita only worth the three....
on 12 December 2013
The best cover for Kindle! Very happy with it +the build in light is great! Had different one before but it doesn't worth it buying a cover without light for this model if you like reading in the evenings and the nights.
on 21 June 2014
A solid-feeling cover for my Kindle, and much less bulky than most, despite the little light. Wearing this cover, my Kindle slips easily into the crowded interior of my handbag, and I'm confident the cover can protect my Kindle - but why is there no method of fastening it closed? I'm currently using an elastic band when it's travelling by handbag, or slipping it into an old neoprene 7" tablet cover when in my rucksack or large bag.

The light is OK for reading, though a bit dim towards the last few lines. Good for "emergencies," but I've purchased an additional light for every-day use, having reached an age when I need ever brighter light to read by.

"Wine purple"?? I expected a much blue-er colour - this used to be called "burgundy" or "maroon." A pleasant colour, but not quite what I was expecting.

GOOD FEATURES:
Nice new-leather smell; nice strong, well-made feel; nice touch having a light always available if you need it.

NOT SO GOOD:
No way of fastening the cover closed; a very limited range of colours to chose from.
on 2 February 2014
Very handy but light not sufficient to adequately read bottom of the page makes reading difficult without some support lighting
on 25 September 2014
This was a gift for my father who, as he has told me, is very pleased with it. The construction of the case is really nice and it looks great. It is a snug fit for the kindle so there is no issue with it slipping about inside or anything. The materials used are of a top quality and, frankly, given its price, I'm glad of this. Of course, there are the appropriate spaces in the cover for the charger and buttons etc, so no need to remove the kindle when charging. The light is not too bright yet light enough for a dim or dark room without shining off the screen.

Why 4 stars? Main reason for this is the device, as I have mentioned, sits very snugly within the cover and for this reason, the buttons on the left side of the kindle have lost their functionality. It is fine for page turning on the right-hand side but not the left. We have tried to move the kindle slightly so that it sits more centrally but to no avail.
My father insists this is no bother and has happily continued reading so who am I to argue :-)