on 20 May 2015
Review – Stranded with a Scotsman – Serenity Woods – A short story
Cori and Ewan have a past that neither of them managed to really put behind them. Whilst Cori is visiting her friend Izzy, who just happens to be Ewan’s sister, she is shocked when it isn’t her friend who picks her up but was in fact her brother that she still has feelings for. They went to some causeway and got stranded by the tide leaving them stuck til it went back out. (I do think this was intentional on Ewan’s (behalf)
It’s sweet and caring and at times you want to bang their heads together till they realise they’re just waiting for one another.
The characters are portrayed well but a little wishy washy for me. But then I’m the sort of person who’d have stood up to her dad and would just tell the guy I liked him! That’s me though and I do like Cori’s naivety. She’d never of followed him and got stranded without that innocence.
Halfway through the book they finally kiss and admit they missed one another during game of truth or dare.
The truth game continues and we learn about the high class type of lifestyle Cori comes from and how it feels stifling to her. And she admits the man she is expected to marry in a few months doesn’t hold her love.
He convinces her not to marry the fiance (Henry I think, at least something like that) and you get the expected moment when they confess their feelings for one another.
I don’t really know exactly how o feel about this. I knew it would be short, it’s a short story so it would be. However I was still strangely disappointed. I just want a bit.. more.
on 22 May 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this little book. I don't have as much time to read as I would like so to find books I can read in one sitting and thoroughly enjoy is a treat. I have already read a number of Serenity/Faye's books none of which have disappointed me. Many of her books have sex/love scenes, some don't, this particular one doesn't, but she still creates great sexual tension with believable pacing and plotting. Thank you Serenity another winner for me.
on 5 June 2015
An ok read, a little bit blah and predictable. A few funny bits and I suppose could be a cute romance but it won't sweep you off your feet. Great if you want something to read on your lunch hour/train journey that you don't have to think too much about. Definitely not one you will lose yourself in.
on 18 September 2013
This was actually a very good novella. The only problem is that you felt that you didn't really know the characters really well. It was a nice little romance and with only a few more chapters could of been even better
Short, sweetish read, about a sheltered female British aristocrat, who ends up stranded by the tide, in a tiny hut, somewhere in a remote part of Scotland, with the guy who she gave up under pressure from her parents.

He's engineered it so that they can have a bit of time together, and yes, it's a romance, so it works out. It kind of felt though, that the tale wasn't sure if it was chick-lit or a would-be erotic tale - all talk and no trousers (though there was mention of missing underwear...nope, nothing happened).

Not a total waste of time, but less than I hoped for - just a kiss, nothing else.
on 30 March 2014
This was a nice short story that made me want to learn more about the characters. Occasionally there was over repetition in the descriptions but on the whole this was a light easy read with a goid storyline
on 3 April 2016
Don't usually read short stories but I must say I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Nice, clean storylines, and a lovely ending. Thankyou
on 3 November 2014
Short story. Its ok but I didn't get engaged by story nor character's. I didn't feel any spark between them either.
on 13 April 2013
I didn't realise this was so short, and that is a real pity as it was a lovely tale with unusual characters.
on 7 July 2012
This was an OK little book, but not great and I wouldn't be looking to read another book by this author.