5.0 out of 5 stars A debut album of quality, energy and a must listen!
Published on 18 July 2011 by Liam Moloney

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable to download the mp3s
Decided to use the Amazon MP3 downloader.. BIG mistake. The thing doesn't even work.
Published 19 months ago by d r dring

5.0 out of 5 stars A debut album of quality, energy and a must listen!, 18 July 2011
Liam Moloney (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Left Fire (MP3 Download)
Arcane Roots are a 3 piece group from Surry and I stumbled across there album today, listened to 3 tracks and knew I had to own it. I have had it on repeat all day and each time I hear it I find something new, something that makes me need to hear it again. Personally it feels like someone has blended ten or twenty of my favourite groups together put them in a pot heated by the fires of hell and sprinkled something of intangible brilliance on the top. Now you could argue I have gone over the top with this description, however, I promise you I have never ever heard an unsigned band's debut album of this quality and so this is why I feel justified in my indulgence. Now for their sound I would say there is a track for everyone here. I have very diverse musical taste, from great pop and electro to folk and metal, and in this record I find such a diverse musical feeling that I am sure there is something for everyone to enjoy. The album starts with a two minute long instrumental that shows of this bands technical brilliance, although I am normally not a fan of such things I found this track drawing me in. I quickly became lost in layers of keyboards, drums and guitars this sets the tone for the whole record. In this town of such weather, carry's on with the instrumental layers of intrigue and complexity, while adding biting vocals that remind me of placebo's Brian Molko. The track never stays still it never pauses for breath, it is an explosion. The funky guitars utilised in You Are, delight me in the same way that they do in System of a downs Hypnotize album. The lyrical hooks pull me in; this is a rock song of godly proportions. Rouen, shows the vocal genius of this album within the first five seconds of the track starting and I just love the soft screaming which can be found later in the track. If screaming is your thing then there are delights for you spread amongst these tracks and I for one have enjoyed there execution, never feeling unneeded or overly relied upon but still being incorporated with delightful dexterity, power and impact. This band fills a musical hole for me and this album deserves a listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless!, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Left Fire (Audio CD)
I love the extra 'Live & Acoustic' tracks featured on the CD - it just makes the album even better than it already is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Left Fire (Audio CD)
This album is flawless all the way through, if you are a fan of melodic and experimental guitars and just generally dynamic songs, this is the album for you

5.0 out of 5 stars Arcane roots, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Left Fire (MP3 Download)
Decided to purchase this album after buying their new album blood and chemistry at their recent headline gig in Wolverhampton. Both of which are incredible. Amazing band and deserve all the recognition they can get.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable to download the mp3s, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Left Fire (MP3 Download)
Must have tried at least 30 times and each time the download failed. Uninstalled the software and tried again.. still no luck. Had to email customer service and it took them an age to respond yet happily sent me emails beforehand regarding their amazing deals. In the end I had to order a psysical copy of this because i just cannot access the mp3s that i have already purchased.

I really like Amazon but their download software must be avoided at all cost.

Left Fire