Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

on 17 April 2012
Bought this on the recommendation of a friend after hearing Emmylou track on the radio. This is an excellent cd and was pleasantly surprised by the depth of some of the songs. You can hear the influence of the fleet foxes on some of the tracks which isn't a bad thing. They also seem to be friends with the Felice bros and Conor Oberst so keeping good company. Highly recommended.
on 2 December 2013
Most unusual sound produced by these two. I find it quite haunting but my wife hates it. All a matter of taste but I heard it in a shop as musak (and later at a hotel I was staying in) and couldn't resist.
on 24 August 2014
A friend lent me this album and I became an instant convert! Think country meets modern folk. If Tammy Wynette ever joins Mumford and Sons or Fleet Foxes become Dolly Parton's backing band this is probably what they'd sound like.
on 11 May 2014
It's a grower in that it might not float your boat immediately but play it a few times in the background or your car and you will grow to love it.

Don't let the fact that David Cameron is a fan put you off!
on 4 March 2015
Excellent album. The vocals are great on every song, each of which are different in style but work well in collaboration with each other. I think that the lyrics are superb and the sound both enchanting and creative.
on 27 August 2012
Have had this album on re-play throughout the summer! This sublime Folk Americana Album is actually written by 2 Swedish sisters. There voices work in perfect harmony together. Personal favourites are Emmylou, King Of The World, The Lion's Roar, Wolf, I Found A Way, Blue and To A Poet. One great track leads on to another and the whole album is a pure delight to listen to whatever mood you are in. Honestly, If you like folk music, then definitely add this one to your playlist!
on 21 May 2014
I'm not usually one for leaving reviews but felt compelled to do so for this album, it really is that good!

This is First Aid Kit's second full album (the first being The Big Black & The Blue) and in my opinion the best one to listen to first as it's a little more accessible to those unfamiliar with the band. Whilst it's hard to pin them down to any one particular type of music (for me at least) I would advise anyone who's a fan of Bright Eyes and/or Conor Oberst to check them out. This is how I discovered them (one of those "if you like this album you may also like...." type things) and generally I've found if you're a fan of one you're a fan of the other. They've also done a lot of work together too with Conor featuring on this album & First Aid Kit featuring heavily on Conor's latest album, Upside Down Mountain). Some of their other collaborations can be found on youtube.

Anyway on to the album; without the slightest bit of hyperbole this is without doubt one of, if not my actual favourite record of all time. It's hard to pick out any particular songs as it's such an excellent album from start to finish but at a push I would particularly recommend the title track, To a Poet, Dance to Another Tune & Wolf. Their sound and vocal harmonies are unlike anything I've heard before and I still find myself disbelieving the fact that this very retro American sound comes from two young Swedish sisters.

I honestly cannot recommend this album enough and would strongly advise seeking out the imported version which contains another two excellent tracks (Marianne's Son & I Just Needed a Friend) as well as a DVD and a couple bonus items.
on 4 August 2013
Heard First Aid kit on BBC's Glastonbury coverage a few weeks ago for the first time. Ordered it whilst listening. Well worth it. This is a fantastic album. Not a bad track. I would certainly recommend it. Will buy more from them in the future.
on 20 August 2013
Found this by accident really - was listening to preview tracks from loads of different albums.
This one really stood out and I'd never heard of these girls before. Have now purchased back catalogue and am looking forward to their future releases. Constantly play this in the car - perfect driving music.
on 13 July 2013
Some magic,some not. But excellent overall. If they can keep this standard up they will have a great future in the music business.