Format: Audio CD|Change

Full English is possibly one of the best folk albums to be released for years.
This is because the song choice is just great. Together they form a great programme representation of British Folk song. The song choices are some of the most familiar you could wish for in one package. They are possibly predictable choices but that doesn't matter since that is the strength of the compilation of songs. Familiar songs such as Dashing away with the smoothing iron, John Barleycorn, John Peel, The oak and the ash, Scarborough Fair and the Raggle taggle gypsy are all performed brilliantly with interesting traditional style. There are a number of musicians on the recording and there is a wide variety of instruments.
First class recording and easily recommended.
on 16 September 2012
Full English is topping my play list right now, and will remain a firm favourite. From haunting melodies with lyrics that make one tingle, to raucous tunes that lift the spirit, this album delivers all. Layers of sound build beautifully, with vocals that are sometimes gravely and sometimes sweet and clear. The production is superb, the clarity of sound flawless. Full English is beautiful and lively - it sparkles!
on 15 June 2012
Just played my new copy of Full English. Mat Williams obviously has a great love of good traditional folk music...it shines through in the playing and attention to detail throughout the album. The CD has a real ambience and is aproachable to people who are not in 'the folk scene'.....my kids even liked it! The only problem was, I didnt get the sausage, egg and beans with it that i was looking forward to!!

Full English - A Collection Of Traditional British Folk Songs
on 28 February 2014
Like many, after hearing the 'Band' The Full English I thought I'd treat myself to the album.
On hunting for it I found Mat Williams' Album entitled Full English. Being an extravagant sort of enthusiast I thought stuff it let's have both for the craic like.

Anyway, The Full English was available but Mat Williams wasn't UNLESS I purchased directly from the artist.
Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure Steeleye never offered a personal service. Long story short Mat Williams' turned up the next day along with a nice personal note which explained the
coincidental naming and the fact that his Daughter also has a recording which is available from Mat's website (I subsequently bought that too). Having listened to both Full Englishes now, I have to say that
although the 'SuperGroup' do justice to all tracks (and why not, they are all highly acclaimed artistes in their own right) I must say that Mat's recordings come across with a resounding authenticity which seems
to be lacking a little in the 'SG' album. Don't get me wrong, the production quality on Mat Williams' album is outstanding, but it just has this underlying flavour of honest Englishness.

So, whether you are a hardened Folk fiend or just looking to dip your ear into something new, you will not go wrong with Mat Williams' Full English. I look forward to his next production.
on 3 July 2012
This fabulous collection is superbly sung, perfectly played and professionally produced.

I found the harmonies in "The Oak And The Ash" especially haunting.

Would recommend this as an essential part of any music collection; even for those who wouldn't ordinarily like folk songs.

Mat Williams, et al, bring a new and very special vibrancy to these old favourites.

Go on - treat yourself! You deserve it!
on 3 January 2014
I loved this collection of English Folk songs - they have been delivered to a high standard and I really enjoy listening to them. add to this the free download to Amazon's Cloud via Auto Rip and it makes for good value for money all round.
The musical renditions are very professional in my opinion, and make this collection a really good keeper for those who enjoy traditional English folk songs played and rendered to a high standard.
on 3 December 2013
I bought this as I was ordering The Full English cd and it was next on the search engine. Great songs well sung and arranged, particularly "Scarborough Fair", "The Oak & The Ash" and "The Girl I Left Behind". Worth seeking out a copy.
on 2 May 2014
The voice are so clear to hear. And the music is light and happy. The album come with a small booklet include all the lyrics in it, which you could sing along with the music.Really enjoy the time listen to this album. In addition, the delivery is fast as speed of light. I really love this album.
on 12 September 2013
Great collection I keep in the car. Gives me something to sing along to almost every day. Great collection. Thanks
on 30 October 2014
I have just purchesed the C.D of Full English - A Collection Of Traditional Brittish Folk Songs Matt Williams C.D through Amazon from a shop called Full Will Music for £7.00 and that included a personal letter from Mat Williams who is the lead singer of Full English band. I had recieved my order from Amazon.co.uk from Will Music today.

The Songs are really haunting and very enjoyable to listen to and you can tap your feet to the diffrent rythems. The Harmony's are fabuliours in the songs.

This album is great for the value of money. I thaught the title of this C.D was calld THe Full English but no it says Full English.

Excellent Selection of Soongs on this C.D.