Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£5.99

on 29 June 2012
..the CD description actually sums up this album really well. This was my favourite CBB album for a number of years although eventually it was edged out by Shine On and Real To Reel which took longer to get 'into my system' but that's the mark of great albums. I love this period in the Climax history - the live shows were awesome, with plenty of blues as ever, added to the best of each current album. If ever a song was born to be a live set opener it had to be Blackjack And Me - a full throttle rocker.. Gotta Have More Love was always terrific live as well, although the studio version on Flying The Flag has so much smooth style, Colin's vocals are marvellous, I love it, a Climax classic without doubt. Money Talkin' is an understated diamond, with a brilliantly phrased guitar solo from Pete Haycock. And - it was the song that broke the Climax Blues Band as they were, but I Love You still sounds good and of course the Yanks loved it and elevated it to the wedding song it became, bless 'em. Any one who moans about the absence of blues - which they have, over the years - just doesn't understand the Climax Blues Band.
on 31 October 2012
Ive been waiting a long time for this to be released on CD. I saw Climax Blues Band at Rock City promoting this album and they were terrific. By the time of Flying The Flag it seems they were unsure of what direction they should go. "Gotta Have More Love" is a fine AOR opening number. Most people will probably buy this for the hit single "I Love You" which is atypical of the CBB sound and was neither a Colin Cooper or Peter Haycock song but sung and written by bassist Derek Holt. But for me the highlights are the two Peter Haycock gems on what would have been side two of the original album "Blackjack and Me" and the outstanding "Money Talkin'". These tracks blow me away. There is one dreadful track on the album "Dance The Night Away" and some tracks which are just about OK. There ain't much blues on the album and it was probably aimed at the American AOR market.
My overall view is of a good album with some terrific moments.
on 20 January 2013
Contains classic gotta have more love. Pop/blues at it's best.Good cd but doesn't contain couldn't get it right.
great cd nonethe less