5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 8 Feb 2014
Vlodec (LEICESTER, Leics. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shimano MT43 MTB Shoe - (Apparel)
Prior to these shoes, and the cleats and pedals that go with them, I used the SPD-SL system. And while it did the job it was designed to do I discovered it had 2 main problems.

(1) The cleats make walking difficult (yes I know you're not supposed to walk on them but you have to do it sometimes and in my case that meant walking to the changing room at work). And
(2) they wore out fast, I had to buy new cleats every 4 or 5 months, and at £15 a time that made me unhappy.

These shoes make life more congenial.

(a) The cleats are embedded into the soles so you can actually walk properly.
(b) I've noticed no degradation so far in the ease with which I can slip in and out of the pedals. And.....
(c) It means I can use hybrid pedals which are flat on one side for what you might call "normal" cycling and have fittings for cleats on the other side.

I'm very happy with the change and recommend it for commuters and suchlike. If you're a Tour de France wannabe I expect you'll have different priorities, but for the rest...give them a try. You're unlikely to be disappointed.

P.S.

I ordered the size I usually use for normal footwear and they're just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, simple and does the job., 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Shimano MT43 MTB Shoe - (Apparel)
Does what it supposed to. Very comfortable, and look better than they do in the picture. Order 1 size more than your normal shoe size, I am a size 46 and ordered 47.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mountain bike shoes, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Shimano MT43 MTB Shoe - (Apparel)
Overall i am very pleased with these shoes. The advice to order one size larger than your actual size proved to be correct, as they fit perfectly but, would have been too tight had i ordered my normal size. The quality is good and the delivery was quick but perhaps they are a tad over priced for what is basically just a pair of trainers.

4.0 out of 5 stars comfortable fit, no walking on the cleat.- order a size bigger, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Shimano MT43 MTB Shoe - (Apparel)
I have tried a few shoes with the SPD pedals over the last couple of years and always had trouble walking in them as the metal cleat was always in contact with the floor.
So after comparing notes with a few people I tried these. I followed advice on amazon reviews and ordered a size bigger than I would normally buy and they are a good fit.

Not had chanced to try them on the bike yet but they are fine for walking round in. no contact of between the cleat and the floor and a good solid rigid feel to the sole that should be good for cycling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shimano reliable, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Shimano MT43 MTB Shoe - (Apparel)
what can you say I looked and I looked and the final result was these, I recently started out again back on my mountain bike and needed reliable affordable SDP shoes this was my choice and what a result highly recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars My first cycling shoes - and I'm converted, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Shimano MT43 MTB Shoe - (Apparel)
The stiff sole gives you more pedaling power and less tired feet, you can clip onto your pedals or not, as you choose, and they are good and robust. I'm usually 47 but ordered 48 and they were fine, epecially to accommodate thick socks on winter mtb rides - very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Shimano MT43 MTB Shoe - (Apparel)
I have had the type 42 for years but now not available. I checked out all the shimano shoes now available and these wee the closest in looks. I sent off for them just hoping that this type would be the same width (I take size 12) as I have wide feet. Fortunately they are a perfect fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money shoe as good as some brands costing 50% more, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Shimano MT43 MTB Shoe - (Apparel)
Chose Shimano fpr the style I like with velcrow buckle over laces and other features, Was very happy with fit and comfort,

4 stars from 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, 20 Dec 2012
This review is from: Shimano MT43 MTB Shoe - (Apparel)
I read up online about having to get a size bigger. I just looked at my trainers and then bought exactly the same size and these are a perfect fit. Simple to attach, firm base for power transfer and easy to put on/take off. I'm sure there may be more stylish shoes but as they are getting covered in mud most of the time I don't care.

Shimano MT43 MTB Shoe -