5.0 out of 5 stars functional teddy measure, 26 Dec 2012
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Retractable Small Tape Measure Metro Zoo 2 - Red Teddy
We had visitors recently and not long after they'd gone I discovered that my sewing/crafting kit had "disappeared". Several weeks of searching the house turned up nothing, not even a spare button, so it was apparent that I would need to start re-gathering the equipment selection which I had been assembling since I was about 8 years old and my mother (a professional dressmaker) first taught me to sew and crochet.

I decided to start with the basics and work up from there - sewing needles, embroidery hoops, etc, and tape measures.

I'd had some old measures which were my Nans and some which were my mothers, but my favourite was a tiny retractable one which had been a freebee. I was a keychain "toy" but the measures were correct and it would fit into my little needle box with ease. So I started to look around for a decent retractable measuring tape and discovered the "Metro Zoo" sets.

There are 2 sets of 4 designs - a total of 8 tapes so far - and they range from a "cow" to a "hippo" in design. I purchased the "cow" on a whim and when I saw her face I knew I had discovered another collection habit. I now have all 8 and am awaiting the next set of 4 to be released.

Teddy is approximately 5.5 cm wide by 4.5 cm by 1.3 cm deep; with one of the most endearing faces I have seen in a while. To access the tape measure you need to pull on Teddy's right ear (as he faces you). To retract the measure you press the small button in the centre on the reverse of the head and in it flies - and I do mean flies. The measure does retract at a great speed and can give your knuckles a nasty rap if it hits them.

The measure has inches on one side and centimetres on the others and they are clearly marked.

It is a fully functional tape measure and just because it is a functional item it doesn't mean that it can't be fun too. It is nice to have something in your bag that can make you smile when you are using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy grandson, 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: Retractable Small Tape Measure Metro Zoo 2 - Red Teddy
Bought for my 2 yrs old grandson who was attracted to my metal steel rule with obvious dangers/sharp edges. Now he has his own one to play about with in safety.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Jan 2014
Claire Thompson (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Retractable Small Tape Measure Metro Zoo 2 - Red Teddy
Super little kiddies tape measure. My little one can't stop measuring thing around the house. Tempted to buy more animals for back up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 11 Mar 2014
J. Shaw (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Retractable Small Tape Measure Metro Zoo 2 - Red Teddy
Bought for grand kids Christmas stockings and they loved them! Many hours of fun had with these tapes. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Retractable Small Tape Measure Metro Zoo 2 - Red Teddy
The perfect tape measure for our sons tool box. He loves the design & it's his favourite tool in his box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Dec 2014
Mither "Jenna" (Near Aberdeen in Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Retractable Small Tape Measure Metro Zoo 2 - Red Teddy
loved the animation of this but not for smaller children as I thought