5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely thing.
Published 4 months ago by Charactercool

Published 1 month ago by Janet King

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely thing., 27 April 2014
This review is from: Nova Illusion Lava Blue / White. Relaxing, great for home, office.
I have mine placed in the living room of my apartment, and so far I've been delighted with it. This is the first lava lamp I've owned and it really is as intriguing to watch as others claim. It casts a pleasant shade of blue that provides enough illumination to find your way around in an otherwise completely dark room, making it suitable as a decorative night light if desired; just about right in terms of brightness in my opinion. (Make sure however not to leave it running for much longer than 10 hours at a time in order to prevent overheating).

When starting up the lamp for the very first time, you may find that it takes as long as 3 to 4 hours to get the globules of wax going in full motion. Subsequent uses should achieve the desired effect much more quickly.

Very pleasing purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 6 Aug 2013
A. Armstrong "Flixxy" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I chose this item going on reviews and price, and I'm not disappointed. It's not a huge lava lamp, but its adequate. As someone previously commented, once it warms up you do get 5 + wax bubbles floating about so it has good variation. It was working well within a couple of hours, but we are mid summer so the wax isn't very cold, this may change during the winter months. The lamp comes in separate bits in the box, a base with cable with plug attached (not massively long but adequate), the glass bottle containing the wax and a cup like cap that sits on top. I would advise knowing where you would put this before buying as once it's switched on you would have trouble moving it safely, without cooling it down again. Also, little fingers or bumps on tables could cause it to topple. I'm fully aware this is not a toy, although it was bought for a 9 year old. Just treat it with respect and it will give hours of viewing pleasure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Jan 2014
Great value item lovely item nice and Slim looks lovely delivery and package were excellent ended up buying another as a gift for a friend

3.0 out of 5 stars after I fitted a cork tile on the bottom it is fine. - but should I have needed to do ..., 28 July 2014
I bought this for my 7yr old grandson but as reviews had said it was not really suitable for young children as it does get rather hot. The main problem was that it was very wobbly due to a badly fitted screw on the base - my son in law even wanted to return it. However, after I fitted a cork tile on the bottom it is fine.- but should I have needed to do this? Light works well and is attractively
mesmerizing once it gets warmed up. Perhaps my grandson can have it back when he gets a bit older?

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this product, 8 May 2014
Worked for all of ten minutes. Bulb went. Bought a new one, bulb went again. And now it doesn't work at all. This is with the space of a day.
Rubbish

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to put together, 26 Feb 2014
Very simple and straight forward to put together and get going. Lovely lights and colour to it. Takes quite a long time to warm up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 29 Dec 2013
Good quality product that does exactly what you expect it to do - I have no issues in recommending it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it for a friends birthday, 18 Dec 2013
I love the lamp, the colour is very soothing and the whole thing is very stylish and fits with any furniture in any room. You will not make a mistake buying this! Definitely worth it

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, very cool, 20 Nov 2013
DANJAMIN (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
One of the best lava lamps i've owned, the blue is really cool, with a sleek design. Great for an adult or child.

5.0 out of 5 stars *watches for hours*, 20 Oct 2013
I bought this as a birthday present for my fella, he has been after one for ages but often thinks the design of cheaper lava lamps look very tacky.
This is a great buy, colour is exactly like the picture. Very Pleased.