5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd Been There!, 15 July 2013
T. Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live at Bogart's 1991 (Audio CD)
Oh man! As a long-time lover of the music of Jellyfish - I'm one of the crowd that nods along when anyone writes about how they should have been huge etc - I ordered this as soon as I realised it existed. It is superb. It is wonderful. They are incredible. The recording let's you feel that you're there with the intimate between-song crowd and room ambience. I love the way the band links the songs and on occasion runs from one straight into another. The musicianship is excellent and the recording to me lacks nothing for there only being the four of them playing. I Wanna Stay Home stands out, possibly because it could so easily (in lesser hands) have sounded relatively lightweight next to the more rock-out numbers. It doesn't, it sounds sublime, and left me with tears in my eyes. I realise that I'm not saying anything that hasn't been laid out in other reviews but I just wanted to reiterate what everyone thinks... Jellyfish, the best band in the world - every box ticked, every appetite sated. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, wonderful band. Great live CD., 23 Nov 2012
planetgaffnet "PG" (Crowthorne, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live at Bogart's 1991 (Audio CD)
Bellybutton, Spilt Milk, The (Not Lame) 4CD Fan Club boxset and a plethora of bootlegs, now this. What a band they were. And still are I suppose. Would it be prudent to wish for a reunion in the scant twenty or thirty years I have left on this planet? I just wish Messrs Sturmer and Manning Jr would just patch up whatever differences they still hold a grudge about and do it one last time (I honestly couldn't give a toot about bass and guitar duties, but I guess if they could bring Tim Smith and Jason Falkner along for the ride, I'd be more than a happy bunny).

This is great document, clear decent quality audio. Well produced. I would love Omnivore to put out more if they have the original tapes. Frankfurt Music Halle, 1991 (filmed as well), The MTV Live At The Warfield 1993 show (MTV filmed this as well).

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic album, 10 Aug 2012
This review is from: Live at Bogart's 1991 (Audio CD)
Great to see a live Jellyfish album released. This album really does show how great Jellyfish were. Just a pity they wont play together any more.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Live concert I have ever heard and thats no lie!, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Live at Bogart's 1991 (Audio CD)
Initially, I was a tad unsure of purchasing this as I already have virtually all their recorded output and am still a major fan of Jellyfish (R.I.P) along with most of the individuals recorded output since their demise as a group.

I read as many reviews as I could source to try and get a flavour of this particular recording and was quite honestly unsure as most of the previously unheard tracks are on the Fan Club 4 disc boxset and It was my opinion that these tracks were the same ones but in cronological order as per the concert at Bogardes.

Boy, was I ever wrong and glad of it!

When It finally arrived through the letterbox I was a little bit blase and thought, well I`ll get around to it on one of my musical evenings whereby several bottles of wine are consumed with my significant other as we singalong and become the neighbours from hell.............usually a Friday night and the neighbours god bless em allow me this concession.

Well, that time came around, bottles were opened, cigarettes were smoked (possibly funny ones too) and the shiny new disc was placed into the hi fi and then..........................nirvana, total heaven!!!!!!!!

Whatever you do, if you like Jellyfish or are curious as to what they are about, make this cd your primary purchase this year, you will not be disappointed, believe me.

After knowing all the words and the guitar lines, keyboard breaks, amazing vocal harmonies etc etc, this concert is a revelation to any hardcore fans ears. Jason Falkners guitar lines as well as Rogen Manning Jr`s dexterity both on keyboards, guitar, tubular bells and whatever else he plays (glockenspiel anyone?) as well as Andy Sturmers lead vocals and the harmonic interplay of all four members voices is a revelation as well as the amazing quality of the live sound that wonderful night in 91 at Bogardes.

I haven`t even mentioned the songs which will blow your socks off and haveyou humming and singing them for weeks on end.

A masterpiece of sonic sculpture and a perfect example of a band who were firing on all cylinders knowing in their own minds that they were creatively at their peak when this was recorded.

If you dont buy it, you will sorely miss out on a truly amazing concert.

Dont say you weren`t warned!

God bless the `Fish!

5.0 out of 5 stars reform, 20 July 2012
Victor Preston "gvb" (birmingham, west mids United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Live at Bogart's 1991 (Audio CD)
i have loved jellyfish since before their first album.
i saw them at edwards around the time this was recorded.
not long before jason falkner quit the band.
it is a great album but one song is definitely missing.
their ace cover of wing's jet.
this is one band i would love to see reform.

Live at Bogart's 1991
Live at Bogart's 1991 by Jellyfish (Audio CD - 2012)