5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting comparison with the Yamaha PSR E433
Bought in the Amazon Christmas sale, as was my E433 the year before this has many similarities. Anyone can compare the specs online so I won't waste space here, you can download the manuals which will tell you everything.

Published 14 months ago by Iveljay

1.0 out of 5 stars not working
Brought as Christmas present for my Daughter and only after a few hours use has stopped working. The keyboard keeps freezing and unable to turn on and off .
Published 16 months ago by mark humphreys

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting comparison with the Yamaha PSR E433, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Casio CTK-6200 Full Size Piano Style Keyboard (Electronics)

This is my second Casio instrument after years of Yamaha, my first being the Casio Privia PX-850PK which removed years of prejudice against Casio as a manufacturer of good instruments in the sub £1000 class.

I actually find this more fun than the E433 in many ways, I am no great musician so this is important. It has an excellent tone, so doesn't sound inferior to the Yamaha, just different. Max volume for both is good and very similar so a keyboard amp is only needed for such voices as the base end a large pipe organ on both.

The keyboard has a firmer touch, which is more piano like, which suits me as my left hand lacks subtlety and this helps to compensate. The key fronts are full depth unlike the Yamaha and are nicer to look at.

The construction feels less refined than the Yamaha with the dial feeling smaller and lacking the numeric keypad of the Yamaha which makes selecting voices, rhythms etc, less convenient.

On the other hand if you are using the built in rhythms there is a couple of rest bars count in that seems a bit better than the Yamaha version. Both have LCDs that are pretty informative as to what is going on.

In many ways the controls have a more logical layout for my needs than the Yamaha, which makes it simpler for me to try different things.

I use the Tiger Z Deluxe stand as this allows me knee room and has far finer height adjustment than an X stand, but is a bit deep for some. Matching stand heights is important as I like switching between keyboards on occasion to exploit their different strengths. The keyboard will fit the same gig bag as the E433 which is a great help and uses the same size keyboard cover. It will not fit the Yamaha L2C stand however which is a bit of a shame.

The Yamaha has a few more knobs to twiddle, but this has had more use since I have had it as the firmer touch suits me better.

Both are absolute bargains and if you get the chance try out both in a music shop, both have grand piano voices that are far superior to the last grand piano I played!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality instrument, 17 Dec. 2014
This is a really nice keyboard. I was bit worried at first because, not being used to the dynamics of touch sensitive keys, I thought some of them were dropping out! Turns out they are fine, just take a while to get used to. I bought this to produce soundtracks for videos. I'm not an accomplished pianist, preferring guitar, but I dabbled as a teenager with Yamaha. Have some modest playing skills at intermediate. Another of my concerns was how many reviews seemed to be from parents, but this is far from a 'kiddies keyboard' with plenty of features to aid experimenting and improving skillset.

The build of the unit is really nice, although the mold on the rear does have a few rough edges which look a bit cheap. The finish is very sleek looking and picks up finger prints easily. The Display is bendy plastic but I'm assuming it's probably scratch proof. Thankfully, the sound is not cheap. There are no rattling speakers or distracting clicks from the keys when playing although some of them do creak a little. Theyre not weighted but they do feel like those of a more expensive keyboard on the whole. I like the fact you can layer tones (instruments) on top of each other to create more interesting sounds. Mixing strings with synth, for example, creates some really useful leads. The drum patterns are also fantastic, they sound like real samples and are useful to accompany guitar. This is not my recollection of Casio's percussion, which usually sound like pong videogame loops. All the feature buttons on the dash have a spongy touch to them and require a firm press.

I wasn't very impressed with the range of accompaniment. I would have preferred more modern beats with less ethnic world choices. A lot of these (like tangos etc) are old fuddy duddy music, useless to me. I'm trying to play and record atmospheric rock, prog, classic, synth and electronica. So this is not a great choice for those genres, even for the most creative. I understand manufacturers have to cater to a mainstream taste, worldwide, to maximise sales potential. But often wondered why keyboards with labour saving accompaniment don't seem to incorporate more modern pop culture & tones. Does Joe bloggs really want to be playing a waltz in 2015? We have 30 odd years of europop, rave and other electronic music. From Pink Floyd or Kraftwerk through to VNV nation... so why does a modern instrument, with a pitch bend wheel, still feature obscure Russian polkas and outdated emulated tones? It's not so much a criticism of this product, but all of them really within this price range.

These shortcomings dictate I'm going to be mixing and editing layers on a computer with software, using the sequencer regularly. I might also invest in a pedal, a lot of the tones don't have enough sustain for my preference. Most entry level Yamaha's have sustain buttons, so I was a bit puzzled as to why this doesn't. I understand you can edit attack and (I think) duration but still early days and learning the functions. Tried the recording feature briefly (two tracks), which unexpectedly lights up some bright red l.e.ds, but still haven't got around to creating my own full patterns.

As a few people have mentioned, the method of selecting tones is a bit convoluted compared to Yamaha's usual numeric keypads. Also the select wheel is not very responsive and sometimes slips. But players can also use a variation of keys to run through tones & beats while playing, a compromise. You can also split the keyboard into two sections for dual tones, layer variations of tones, as well as create your own mixing resident tones. The backlit display can only be read head on, which makes positioning when linked to computer slightly limited. Useful Ports at the rear are partly what influenced my decision to buy. A USB Midi-interface for use with editing suites, A line-out for straight recording and connecting to amps or a headphone jack, (all sized at 6.35mm (1/4") inch). Additionally a 3.5mm audio in. I've owned a few keyboards but never one with as many connectivity options. One of the first things I did was connect to a PC soundcard, adjust volume levels and record through line-in : very satisfying and hassle free, no audio clipping. Windows also recognised the keyboard through USB and installed drivers with no issues. Buyers will require additional cables for this, none are included. It does however come with a mains adapter.

Despite my fussy criticisms, I'm very impressed with this product. A high spec keyboard for only £200. While I could have bought a korg with software at half the price, I wanted the full keyboard experience and this delivers. Ideal for those with limited budget, for the casual player or for people just experimenting like myself. Very happy with it and feel, for the most part, I made a good choice. Quality instrument that will not gather dust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 25 May 2013
Very Quick Delivery. Im very pleased with this Keyboard. Lots of functions, features and its a great size. I love the fact the keys are full size and touch sensitive. I bought this keyboard to learn how to play using Synthesia. Simply plugged it into the keyboard, then into my macbook and away I went. A Great keyboard at a very good price. No regrets....

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it :), 17 July 2013
Bob and Billy's Mum (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a piano player of many years standing, I'm a bit old fashioned in preferring a piano keyboard to play, simply because of the key feedback as I play. However, I'm happy to say I'm super impressed with this keyboard, in the size, the sound and the features.
It will never replace a piano in my affections, but it has encouraged me back into playing a whole variety of music, in innumerable different ways. I love experimenting with tone, pitch and rhythm, and have had a wonderful time reinventing old favourites! I'm still to figure out recording, and including mp3, but to be honest there are so many features it might take me a while to master all of them!
I'd recommend this to beginners and accomplished pianists alike - a lot of fun, a great sound, and brilliant for developing a wonderful skill.

4.0 out of 5 stars just for playing seems almost perfect for me, 5 Feb. 2015
I never went deep with all the functions of this keyboard. Anyway, just for playing seems almost perfect for me. At the beginning, the keys seemed a little bit weird weight but you end up getting used to it. My only complain is the USB connection... it is too slow to using it as a midi controller, the delay is massive

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but Difficult to obtain Styles Quickly, 5 Jan. 2014
I like the piano keys, some very good sounds and a mass of styles. Some are very good but some are quite basic. I like the presets but with both these and the original styles I found it time consuming to reach a required style.I found the Casio CTK 900 was much easier to arrive at a destination

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Item...very fast Delivery Recommended 100%, 2 Mar. 2015
Excellent Item...very fast Delivery Recommended 100%

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners, 19 Sept. 2013
Get Real "Butterfly_Brand" (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My youngest Son is having piano lessons at school so I got this for him to practice on at home. Neat & compact with a shedload of features & beautiful clear sound I am delighted with it. Superb quality. This will grow with him as he's not even used half of the features it has. Great price for what you get at under £200. Folds away neatly when not being used. Very happy indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars thrilled to bits with it and so easy to use (I am just a beginner so I ..., 24 Oct. 2014
thrilled to bits with it and so easy to use (I am just a beginner so I was little bit nervous in case I couldn't understand the various functions but I found it so easy to programme)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great keyboard, 23 Jun. 2013
Mr. Simon Paddon "Simon" (Barnstaple, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Dead impressed with this. Straight out of the box- plug it in (power supply supplied)- and away you go. Good clear sound, and the options are laid out in a simple and understandable way. The keys are touch sensitive, which means the harder you hit them, the louder the sound.

The nice thing is that the more I look, the more options it has, which means I will be playing with this one for a long time to come. Love the fact I can connect it up to my mac as well, and use.

To b honest, I cant see any reason not to give it 5 stars. I am still a learner mind, so a lot of these functions are at this stage lost with me, but at this stage, I love it, and have spent far too many hours tapping away, annoying the wife. Still, it is a great way to get her to buy me some new headphones....

Recommended.