Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Style Name: Digital Piano|Change

on 17 July 2013
Style Name: Digital Piano|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As a piano player of many years standing, I'm a bit old fashioned in preferring a piano keyboard to play, simply because of the key feedback as I play. However, I'm happy to say I'm super impressed with this keyboard, in the size, the sound and the features.
It will never replace a piano in my affections, but it has encouraged me back into playing a whole variety of music, in innumerable different ways. I love experimenting with tone, pitch and rhythm, and have had a wonderful time reinventing old favourites! I'm still to figure out recording, and including mp3, but to be honest there are so many features it might take me a while to master all of them!
I'd recommend this to beginners and accomplished pianists alike - a lot of fun, a great sound, and brilliant for developing a wonderful skill.
on 4 February 2014
Bought in the Amazon Christmas sale, as was my E433 the year before this has many similarities. Anyone can compare the specs online so I won't waste space here, you can download the manuals which will tell you everything.

This is my second Casio instrument after years of Yamaha, my first being the Casio Privia PX-850PK which removed years of prejudice against Casio as a manufacturer of good instruments in the sub £1000 class.

I actually find this more fun than the E433 in many ways, I am no great musician so this is important. It has an excellent tone, so doesn't sound inferior to the Yamaha, just different. Max volume for both is good and very similar so a keyboard amp is only needed for such voices as the base end a large pipe organ on both.

The keyboard has a firmer touch, which is more piano like, which suits me as my left hand lacks subtlety and this helps to compensate. The key fronts are full depth unlike the Yamaha and are nicer to look at.

The construction feels less refined than the Yamaha with the dial feeling smaller and lacking the numeric keypad of the Yamaha which makes selecting voices, rhythms etc, less convenient.

On the other hand if you are using the built in rhythms there is a couple of rest bars count in that seems a bit better than the Yamaha version. Both have LCDs that are pretty informative as to what is going on.

In many ways the controls have a more logical layout for my needs than the Yamaha, which makes it simpler for me to try different things.

I use the Tiger Z Deluxe stand as this allows me knee room and has far finer height adjustment than an X stand, but is a bit deep for some. Matching stand heights is important as I like switching between keyboards on occasion to exploit their different strengths. The keyboard will fit the same gig bag as the E433 which is a great help and uses the same size keyboard cover. It will not fit the Yamaha L2C stand however which is a bit of a shame.

The Yamaha has a few more knobs to twiddle, but this has had more use since I have had it as the firmer touch suits me better.

Both are absolute bargains and if you get the chance try out both in a music shop, both have grand piano voices that are far superior to the last grand piano I played!
on 25 May 2013
Very Quick Delivery. Im very pleased with this Keyboard. Lots of functions, features and its a great size. I love the fact the keys are full size and touch sensitive. I bought this keyboard to learn how to play using Synthesia. Simply plugged it into the keyboard, then into my macbook and away I went. A Great keyboard at a very good price. No regrets....
on 27 May 2015
Bought this for my 10 year old daughter as she is taking piano lessons and her teacher told her to get a better keyboard or a piano! This keyboard is brilliant for her as it is just like using a piano with the touch sensitive keys and full size keys.
on 8 December 2015
I have been a professional keyboard player for the past 40+ years and I bought this for my granddaughter who has shown an interest in learning music. I am very impressed with its sound quality. It has a large pallet of onboard voices and rhythm patterns which are also editable. The keys have a reasonable feel and te touch sensitivity is good. You do really need to buy a decent sustain pedal to use with it. I recommend a decent piano style pedal rather than the simpler foot switch type.
It is lightweight and therefore extremely portable. Handy if you haven't room to leave the instrument permanently set up. The display is clear and easy to see and operation seems fairly straightforward.
I recommend this instrument for someone who is starting out in keyboard music.
on 5 January 2014
I like the piano keys, some very good sounds and a mass of styles. Some are very good but some are quite basic. I like the presets but with both these and the original styles I found it time consuming to reach a required style.I found the Casio CTK 900 was much easier to arrive at a destination
on 4 May 2016
Great piece of kit - as a beginner its ideal - not figured out how it all works yet really pleased with it.
I don't think there is anything this keyboard can't do.
But - it doesn't make learning any easier - can't blame the keyboard for that!

The only gripe is the headphone jack is on the back and is the large type and a little fiddly to plug in if its against a wall.
on 10 March 2016
Delivery was wonderful, but as an Amazon Prime member it certainly should be. The packaging was fine also.

The product itself is everything you'd expect from a keyboard at this price however, it is very hard to understand and use the functions when the assisting leaflet provided is in quite technical terms. And as this being my first keyboard, that wasn't great. The range of sounds is vast but navigating from one set of sounds to another is a complicated process at first. The sound itself is quite authentic in a sense with the pressure sensitive keys coming in very handy. If you really want to excel with this keyboard you'll need to find a lot of spare time to understand it and then buy a sustain pedal which is essential in my opinion. It doesn't weigh as much as you'd think, therefore making it more portable than other keyboards of the same size. In terms of aesthetics, it looks fantastic.

Overall, a nice product but improvements can be made.
on 5 February 2015
I never went deep with all the functions of this keyboard. Anyway, just for playing seems almost perfect for me. At the beginning, the keys seemed a little bit weird weight but you end up getting used to it. My only complain is the USB connection... it is too slow to using it as a midi controller, the delay is massive
on 13 April 2016
Excellent electronic keyboard . I am on grade 4 Of music exams and This keyboard was delivered today . It takes a while to get used to the controls from one keyboard to another .

Overall , very good sound quality , good Rythm editing section and different voice . There is also a lot of auto harmonise functions , very good