5.0 out of 5 stars Love it :)
As a piano player of many years standing, I'm a bit old fashioned in preferring a piano keyboard to play, simply because of the key feedback as I play. However, I'm happy to say I'm super impressed with this keyboard, in the size, the sound and the features.
Published 9 months ago by Bob's Mum

1.0 out of 5 stars not working
Brought as Christmas present for my Daughter and only after a few hours use has stopped working. The keyboard keeps freezing and unable to turn on and off .
Published 3 months ago by mark humphreys

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it :), 17 July 2013
Bob's Mum (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Casio CTK-6200 Full Size Piano Style Keyboard (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It will never replace a piano in my affections, but it has encouraged me back into playing a whole variety of music, in innumerable different ways. I love experimenting with tone, pitch and rhythm, and have had a wonderful time reinventing old favourites! I'm still to figure out recording, and including mp3, but to be honest there are so many features it might take me a while to master all of them!
I'd recommend this to beginners and accomplished pianists alike - a lot of fun, a great sound, and brilliant for developing a wonderful skill.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great keyboard, 23 Jun 2013
Mr. Simon Paddon "Simon" (Barnstaple, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Dead impressed with this. Straight out of the box- plug it in (power supply supplied)- and away you go. Good clear sound, and the options are laid out in a simple and understandable way. The keys are touch sensitive, which means the harder you hit them, the louder the sound.

The nice thing is that the more I look, the more options it has, which means I will be playing with this one for a long time to come. Love the fact I can connect it up to my mac as well, and use.

To b honest, I cant see any reason not to give it 5 stars. I am still a learner mind, so a lot of these functions are at this stage lost with me, but at this stage, I love it, and have spent far too many hours tapping away, annoying the wife. Still, it is a great way to get her to buy me some new headphones....

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 25 May 2013
Very Quick Delivery. Im very pleased with this Keyboard. Lots of functions, features and its a great size. I love the fact the keys are full size and touch sensitive. I bought this keyboard to learn how to play using Synthesia. Simply plugged it into the keyboard, then into my macbook and away I went. A Great keyboard at a very good price. No regrets....

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting comparison with the Yamaha PSR E433, 4 Feb 2014
Bought in the Amazon Christmas sale, as was my E433 the year before this has many similarities. Anyone can compare the specs online so I won't waste space here, you can download the manuals which will tell you everything.

This is my second Casio instrument after years of Yamaha, my first being the Casio Privia PX-850PK which removed years of prejudice against Casio as a manufacturer of good instruments in the sub 1000 class.

I actually find this more fun than the E433 in many ways, I am no great musician so this is important. It has an excellent tone, so doesn't sound inferior to the Yamaha, just different. Max volume for both is good and very similar so a keyboard amp is only needed for such voices as the base end a large pipe organ on both.

The keyboard has a firmer touch, which is more piano like, which suits me as my left hand lacks subtlety and this helps to compensate. The key fronts are full depth unlike the Yamaha and are nicer to look at.

The construction feels less refined than the Yamaha with the dial feeling smaller and lacking the numeric keypad of the Yamaha which makes selecting voices, rhythms etc, less convenient.

On the other hand if you are using the built in rhythms there is a couple of rest bars count in that seems a bit better than the Yamaha version. Both have LCDs that are pretty informative as to what is going on.

In many ways the controls have a more logical layout for my needs than the Yamaha, which makes it simpler for me to try different things.

I use the Tiger Z Deluxe stand as this allows me knee room and has far finer height adjustment than an X stand, but is a bit deep for some. Matching stand heights is important as I like switching between keyboards on occasion to exploit their different strengths. The keyboard will fit the same gig bag as the E433 which is a great help and uses the same size keyboard cover. It will not fit the Yamaha L2C stand however which is a bit of a shame.

The Yamaha has a few more knobs to twiddle, but this has had more use since I have had it as the firmer touch suits me better.

Both are absolute bargains and if you get the chance try out both in a music shop, both have grand piano voices that are far superior to the last grand piano I played!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but Difficult to obtain Styles Quickly, 5 Jan 2014
I like the piano keys, some very good sounds and a mass of styles. Some are very good but some are quite basic. I like the presets but with both these and the original styles I found it time consuming to reach a required style.I found the Casio CTK 900 was much easier to arrive at a destination

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio keyboard, 28 Nov 2013
As with many things which we buy this was for our great niece.She absolutely loved it so my enthusiasm is actually based on her reaction

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners, 19 Sep 2013
Get Real "Butterfly_Brand" (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My youngest Son is having piano lessons at school so I got this for him to practice on at home. Neat & compact with a shedload of features & beautiful clear sound I am delighted with it. Superb quality. This will grow with him as he's not even used half of the features it has. Great price for what you get at under 200. Folds away neatly when not being used. Very happy indeed.

1.0 out of 5 stars not working, 27 Dec 2013