5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for planning before you go
Published on 26 July 2012 by mumsbinthere

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Kindle version
The format of the Kindle version of these guides do not in my opinion work. I bought a number of Top 10 DK guides, including this one, in the Kindle Daily Deal at a knockdown price to read in colour on an iPad/iPhone. Even at that price the way that they are presented was so bad in my opinion that I returned them for a refund.
Published 16 months ago by Mister G

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for planning before you go, 26 July 2012
I was looking for an easy to navigate book on things to see on a short (4 night) stay in Reykjavic. This book has lots of colour photos and the essential info in an easy to read format. You can find the top attractions instantly to make planning your stay easy and fun. The book is a handy size and has clear maps of Iceland, Reykjavic and even a map of the bus routes for planning your own tours. Includes a pull-out, laminated map too. Info included on websites for further planning and booking tours before you go. Brilliant value little book; I'll look out for others in the series for future trips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Iceland - A perfect little guide, 22 Feb 2014
Perfect little book. Enough information to help us thoroughly enjoy our first trip to Iceland. Just wish we'd had more time to explore more!

5.0 out of 5 stars As usual a DK book full of information I require, 8 Feb 2014
I always buy DK travel books, as they are full of the useful information I need when going on holiday. I must have over 30 books in my collection. I let my friends borrow them when they go on holiday. I also take it with me on holiday to refer to it,for addresses of restaurants etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 4 Jan 2014
Great little book just the size and amount of detail needed for a short trip to Iceland. Maps handy too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Kindle version, 28 Jun 2013
Mister G (Bristol) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Iceland: Iceland (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars DK travel book for Iceland, 7 Nov 2012
If you like a concise book with some useful maps and all of the essential information for a short trip then this is the book for you - excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Iceland Top 10, 22 Sep 2012
As always the Eye Witness guides are easy to read and include everything you need to know. Useful maps as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good to get an overview, not good for detailed planning, 17 Jun 2014
To plan a roadtrip on Iceland (August 2014) I bought two small guidebooks:

- Marco Polo "Iceland" - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/3829707150

- DK "Top 10 Iceland" - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1405369922

In a way they are complementary - you can use the DK book to decide roughly which things you want to go and do or see, but when it comes down to planning your road trip you'll really want to use the Marco Polo guide. The latter has a map that is actually useful (the DK map is a joke) at 1:700,000 scale (I still plan to buy a more detailed map book once I'm on Iceland) and there are references to it throughout the book. Also, the descriptions of sights and places are more thorough in the Marco Polo guide than in the DK one.

I rate the Marco Polo guide 4 stars and the DK guide 2 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable, 15 April 2014
OK book, does the job but not really good. Covers the obvious, decent pictures but could do with a little more text and descriptions

5.0 out of 5 stars Just about right, 6 April 2014
Just about right for a tourist trip to Iceland. cheap enough (don't buy stuff there - its expensive!). Good small maps and good photos.