5.0 out of 5 stars A fine approach from the brothers, 31 Aug 2011
J. Devall "Floydian" (Leigh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Approach (Audio CD)
I have a lot of respect for this band. I first bought Stars Aligned and was blown away by their approach to music (pardon the pun). The playing on all their CD's is excellent and their quirky song writing is to my ears superb. I have yet to hear a bad VHB track and this CD is no different.

They mix vocal harmonies with eclectic prog/rock music in a way that I have not heard before. I have read the comparisons of their style with Yes, Led Zeppelin and the Beach Boys but they go way beyond this with complex time signatures and a very good ear for a pop chorus.

I would recommend this album to anyone who wants a change from the norm and they will be rewarded with a damn good listen. These guys deserve to be a lot bigger than they are but I suppose if they do find a wider audience I will lose that feeling of knowing I am listening to something really good and in on a little known secret.

5.0 out of 5 stars VHB finnish rock gods, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Approach (Audio CD)
Should be stars, amazing live performers. Stunning arrangements and quality songwriting, a great listening experience. Hints of may prog, folk and rock bands but unique. Can be a demanding listen but worth playing over and over again.

Approach [VINYL]
Approach [VINYL] by Von Hertzen Brothers (Vinyl - 2012)