on 28 March 2014
Having fallen in love with Sally's voice following her appearances on The Voice, I purchased this cd along with a couple of others (`Another Train' & `Made In England') and have to say this one is probably my favourite.

I'm a big Joni Mitchell fan and these covers stay faithful to the originals with the stripped back acoustic arrangements allowing the music to speak for itself. That said, Sally does put her own stamp on familiar classics including `River' and `Case Of You'.

Although there is something for everyone here, the real highlights for me are the slower, more melancholy tracks such as `Blue' and `For Free'.

Sally has great musicality, reminding me of an early Kiki Dee from the `70s or Sandy Denny and if there is any justice she will be huge.

Fingers crossed for some new recordings soon post The Voice.

If you like Joni's music then it's also worth checking out Brian Kennedy's `Love Letter To Joni'. Superb!
on 12 April 2014
I found Sally's voice so moving on The Voice and what a pleasure to find that she already had an album out of some of Joni's songs. This cd will get a lot of playing by me over the next few weeks and might well finish up with my all-time greats. Can we look forward to a new album from her with perhaps, a guest duet with Sir Tom? Now that would be the cherry on the cake.
on 18 April 2014
I bought two of Sally Barkers Albums after seeing her on the Voice.
I've enjoyed both and some of the numbers are so musical.
Must say my preference is for The Compilation - Another Train as the more rounded album.
I will purchase more of this artist, lovely.
on 7 June 2014
As good as the original.
Sally is a world class performer.
She really should've made it without the help of The Voice.
on 26 April 2014
Great album to chill out with ... fantastic album with all my favourite songs on it ... such a lovely album
on 23 April 2014
Better to listen to Joni Mitchell, thought that she would do a good job based on her performance in the voice, however, will stick to my Joni Mitchell cds