5.0 out of 5 stars Cool speaker, 18 Mar 2013
Mr. J. Clements (cardiff,uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lil' Wiz Bluetooth 10Watt Power Vibration Speaker (Black) (Electronics)
What do you need to know.

The speaker itself is small, has on it's sides a usb port, on/off/bluetooth button, Led, rocker switch to control volume and to move forward/back through your connected device playlist.

In the box came a small set of instructions, but it's fairly simple to operate, a bag to carry it around in, and a usb cable for charging, note you will need one of these 3 pin plugs that allow you to connect a standard usb cable to it if you want mains charging, I did it initially straight from the usb port on the laptop. The USB cable also has a headphone socket jack so you could avoid bluetooth and plus straight into your mp3/portable music player.

The top of the unit as shown in the picture does open up, although the sound works well even with it secured.

Charged the unit up, turned it to bluetooth, grabbed my S3 found the unit, paired it up very easily and sent some music towards it.

What can I say, for a small unit the sound it produces can be impressive, fairly loud, never going to be ear splitting, but for what it's designed for I think it produces a reasonably loud sound with some good bass.

And the bass is where this unit has it's unique selling point, possibly, you place the speaker onto a surface and it uses the surface it's on to assist in amplifying the sound and producing decent results.

Tried it on my desk, the window sill, a floor in the bathroom covered in tiles, windows, produces different sounds for each surface, but overall you can enjoy the music in a multitude of places.

I bought this for holidays when I'm sat in the room or on the beach and get fed up of the headphones, I think for that situation it's going to be an absolute winner.

Sixty bucks did seem a lot to payout for the product, and it's still early days, but so far I am very impressed with the overall package.

5.0 out of 5 stars One very happy husband, 29 Dec 2012
there are items missing from the box ie .. instructions, bag it belongs in and the sticker that allows you to use it to amplify
i have tried to contact the company but they are closed for the christmas season hopefully they will rectify when i speak to them please ignore the above as i have now been in contact with the company and they were very helpful and i am very very pleased with their service and goods and would use them again and recommend to my friends

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Gadget, 13 May 2012
This is an absolute must for all you gadget minded people. The sound quality is fabulous. Stick it to your windscreen of your car, windows in your home or any other solid service, and you have a mobile sound system wherever you go. Just link it up to your mobile device and away you go, music on the move. Having shopped around for a high quality mobile speaker, this is without doubt the best on the market in my opinion. Don't be put off by the price, it is worth it. The best 80 you will ever spend. I highly recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 18 Aug 2012
Reddhead (Looe, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
We went to the Gadget Show Live at the NEC in the Spring and saw this amazing little speaker. My husband loved it so I mentally put it away for a birthday present idea. Amazon is one of the few places you can buy it which surprises me as it is an astonishing little thing.
The speaker is about 3 or 4 inches high and comes with a glass mount. You synch your device (we used iphones but it will synch with a variety of gadgetry) to the Lil' Wiz. This is very straightforward, there are instructions included which explained how this process works and how to do it. No problems, even for us and we are not "Techy". So, having synched your music device to your Lil' Wiz through Bluetooth, you can now play your music through the speaker wirelessly. The idea is that whatever you attach it to, the speaker uses that item as an amplifier of sorts. We stuck it first to the wooden dining table, the sound was fantastic! You could feel the vibration in your chest, marvellous. Then we tried the glass french windows... wow! The sound quality and volume were tremendous. We had an outdoor party/bbq and everyone was so impressed that so much great sound could come out of this little thing! Everyone asked where we got it, and some were going to buy one I think. You could also use it in the car as far as I can see, and stick it somewhere out of your eye level and play your music from your device. It could use the windscreen as the amp.
The speaker comes complete with the glass mount so you don't have to buy it seperately, it also comes with a soft cloth bag to keep it in. It's neat, smart and amazingly effective. Also, the customer service was second to none, friendly and efficient. I can't recommend this speaker highly enough and if you buy one, you won't be disappointed.