4.0 out of 5 stars Fun to watch
Published 20 months ago by M. Trevelyan

3.0 out of 5 stars great toy kids loved it
Kids love these every time just wish they lasted longer! Also a lot of money! But never fail to assume my kids
Published 11 months ago by mummy of 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun to watch, 27 Dec 2012
M. Trevelyan (Brentwood essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mermaid Magic : Mermaid Magic Fizz n Surprise - 4 Pack (Toy)
My two daughters aged 4 and 8 saw these advertised and pleaded for them for Christmas, they were a bit difficult to track down but the magic of amazon worked. We ordered a four pack so that they could have two each. They were met with squeals of delight on the day and it wasn't long before we were gathered in front of a bathroom sink filled with warm water to see what would happen. Getting into the mermaid package took a while as they are wrapped in an outer layer of coloured wrapping and an inner wrapping of clear plastic but this is to prevent the mermaid disintegrating should it get wet accidentally and so is a necessary evil.
As we placed the mermaid in the sink a great fizzing began which thrilled the onlookers and eventually once the fizzing had stopped a mermaid appeared, we were able to use the packing to identify which mermaid we had hatched and once we had watched the others hatch we held the mermaids under the cold tap and their tails did indeed change colour which also thrilled the girls. They did lose some interest in the mermaids once the initial excitement of the fizzing and colour changing tails had worn off and I am not sure how much they will be played with now and they are expensive for what they are. We did get four different mermaids but I think it is very much the luck of the draw, we ended up with two common mermaids, one rare one and one ultra rare and I have already been asked for more! If your kids really want these be prepared for them to end up in a drawer once the excitement has faded but great fun to watch fizz.
The seller sent the item as described, well packaged and in good time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, brilliant quality, magical, 3 April 2014
Very sweet little mermaids. Bought this for my daughter for Xmas with a Disney swimming pool. It was so magical, her face was a treat when finally each mermaid emerged from the bubbling water. The mermaids were excellent quality and are still played with now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the cheapest, 2 Feb 2014
But well packaged and you get four in one go. Daughter loves these and her dry skin seems to cope with them in the bath ok as they fizz away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandaughters Request, 18 Jan 2014
We are very lucky as our granddaughters often come and stay and on special occasions they have the excitement of the magic mermaids and to be honest I cannot believe the enjoyment and fun these small toys give. Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little mermaids, 14 Jan 2014
Granddaugther thrilled to bits, still plays with them weeks after 'fizz' has gone changing colour of tail,by water temperature.Sent for four so two for Xmas and two for her Birthday. Can't wait to see her face

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what my daughter wanted, 9 Jan 2014
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I had never seen these but my 5yr old daughter kept asking for 1 for Xmas. Was good value to buy 4 together. Can't say I was that impressed but my daughter loved watching them fizz in the water & she loves playing with them in the bath, making the tails change colour.

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves them, 26 Dec 2013
Out 4 year old loves these toys, from the fizzing to the colour changes. Not massively high quality but they do the job!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best ever., 12 Dec 2013
I bought these Mermaid magic fizz n surprise for my 3 year old grandson who loves mermaids. I have never seen him so excited about anything. I had to help him with the fizz part but when the mermaids appeared he was so excited and he's played with them constantly since. I have never seen him so quiet and rapt with anything else her has. just a little dish of cold water and a little dish of warm water and as the mermaids and dipped into hot and then cold their tails change colour and then back again. So simple but what a great idea.

Buy them you won't be disappointed and neither will your little ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - My Daughter loves these!, 13 Feb 2013
I bought a three of these for my daughter as stocking fillers for xmas, and was plesantly surprised when we managed to get 3 different mermaids as I always worry that they will all be the same! I have since bought this four pack and we have 'fizzed' two of these and still not managed to get a duplicate mermaid...see what the other two hold, but all good so far!

5.0 out of 5 stars lots of mermaids in our bath, 6 Aug 2014
M. Watson (uk) - See all my reviews
my little girl loves these, and appart from 2 we almost have the full set. she is quite excited by the fact she has most of the ultra rare mermaids first, and quite excited to find the rest