I have had this condensor dryer for several months now and here's my take on it. . .

I have previously owned only one dryer, not a condensor either. A White Knight which lasted me for 22 years which I bought when I was 22. If this one lasts that long I'll be a very happy 66 year old!

After much shopping around I found this Beko on here for a good as price as anywhere else. As I write there are 20 out of 20 five star reviews which says a lot in my opinion!

Thank you fellow reviewers, your reviews do help :)

This came very well packaged indeed and once unwrapped was in perfect condition.

In the box (a big box!) you will find -

- The dryer which measures (H)85cm x (W)60cm x (D)60cm. Weight 39kgs
- A comprehensive instruction manual
- A drain kit (you can if need be plumb this straight into your drains rather than use the condensed water collection drawer) this is explained in the instruction manual. I personally did not do this.

The dryer feels/looks very well built/solid. The door is quite solid too and makes a very good seal once closed. The drum is a 9kg/118 litres one and has a handy light inside it that comes on when the door is opened. The fluff filter just inside the door which slides into the bottom works brilliantly and is easy to clean quickly and neatly. The condensed water collection drawer is situated at the top left hand corner just slips in/out and can hold upto 4.8 litres which is quite a bit. The power lead is 2 meters long.

On the front there is a LCD timer display, the programme selector dial and the on/off button.

The drying programmes available are -

Cottons. . .

- 20 Minutes
- 40 Minutes
- 60 Minutes

In use -

I have used quite a few of the programmes but not all of them yet.
It's not too loud and is bi-directional reversing every now and again. The drum is massive and you can get loads of washing in there. It does have sensor drying and stops with an alarm to let you know when it's done. A few times though the washing hasn't been 'quite' dry and I've had to give it another ten mins but that does not take anything away from this dryer. It's performance is outstanding and the washing comes out bone dry and hot hot hot!

Water collection is spot on and again an alarm lets you know the drawer needs emptying. The water is quite warm and to be honest being a tight gardener I will probably pour this water on my plants rather than waste it! (not that I'll be using this in the summer!) I believe that some people use the condensate water for mop buckets/ironing rather than any of these scented ones you can buy nowadays as it does smell nice and is hot as it comes out but I would check to see if your iron is okay for this first or google it! During use the dryer pumps warm dry air out so warms the kitchen up too!

A few other features -

- Child safety lock
- Anti Creasing
- End of Programme alarm
- Delay timer
- Auto cool down phase

I really cannot fault it at all. Hopefully it will last another 20 odd years. I will update this review in 2034! ;)

Highly recommended.
on 6 March 2013
Bought this because last year was so wet. I cannot think how we could live without it before!
It dries clothes very quickly and you can put a lot of stuff in it. However, for best results load it with less clothes, we usually fill it to the half, and we get much better results. Clothes are crease free, and most of them do not require ironing any more! They also feel lighter, softer and there is no smell of detergent anymore at all!
You'll also be amazed how much water it drains from wet clothes!
As a bonus, it dehumidifies the air in the room you use it and warms it up too.
In terms of electricity, we found that because we don't have to iron most of the clothes and do not have to keep the dehumidifier on for long periods of time, the electricity bill did not increase at all.
You can also use the condensed water to fill the steam iron, instead of buying it from halfords/tesco.
We're very happy with this appliance and recommend it to anyone, especially those who live in a flat.
33 comments|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 February 2013
Bought this tumble dryer after returning an Indesit IDCE845AECO with a Heat Pump,they may be energy efficient but take 3 hours to dry a 1hr load!! Unable to get instant heat out of dryer to air off a few items ... DON'T BUY ONE WITH A HEAT PUMP!

Replaced with a BEKO DCU9330, B rated with old-fashioned instant Heat! :)

You will not be dissapointed. Quiet, sensor drying, 3 levels of heat, interior light, high heat for cottons, lower heat for synthetics etc. Panel lights up so you can adjust the length of programme to the spin of your washing machine, which reduces the timer, which is then reduced again once drying begins as the sensors detect how long is required to finish the cycle. Airing off a few line-dried items is no problem. Has an anti-crease feature if required to rotate the clothes every now and again for up to 2 hours. Optional buzzer alarm. Delay Timer. Easy to empty water container at top of machine. Easy access fluff filter. Standard condenser filter that requires flushing out every 30 uses. Timer program allow low heat drying for set intervals of your choice. Dries a large load cottons (family 4) in approx hour sometimes bit less from a 1600 spin.

VERY IMPRESSED
on 28 November 2012
This product is just what the bad weather ordered! Nice design,crisp white colour, fits under work surface, large capacity drum (I am thinking of moving in its that big), great energy rating but time will tell how this affects bills, however as the drum is so large it only goes on twice a week for a family of 4 (double the capacity of my washer so I wait until I can fill it). All washing done in one day. I have it on sensor dry so even though the programme I choose indicates 2 hours it is more like 45 mins to 1 hour for a weeks worth of drying to be done. (Can have on quick dry for the odd emergency school top) Top left draw is the water carrier which is emptied after each cycle and lint tray is just inside the drum so ease of emptying both of these. Never had a BEKO item before, but I can honestly say that I love this machine! Time efficiency is great, just what a busy mum (or Dad!) needs.
on 6 January 2013
This is an excellent tumble dryer. Never any condensation in the kitchen where it is housed on an inside wall. Plenty of different program's to choose from. It is quiet, overall I am very happy with it.
on 9 June 2014
Really pleased with this tumble dryer although appears to be a little slower than my previous one. Love the water collector position for ease of emptying.

Delivery men were courteous, took the wrapping and the old tumble drier however I did not ask what they were going to do with them. Hopefully they were disposing of the items in an environmentally friendly way. Good to get feedback on this.
on 19 August 2015
This was a good dryer while it worked. After 18 months the circuit board went and we were quoted in the region of £250 for a repair. Beko customer services said that since their products were only guaranteed for a year they wouldn't replace it. Seems good value but isn't - since you appear to have to buy one every 18 months. I won't be buying a Beko product again.
on 15 June 2014
delivery as promised, large load wash the attraction for me and it did not disappoint, half hour on fastest spin and all bedclothes can go back on bed or pack away etc. Led screen abit small when you dial up the choices but I am myopic so can use glasss. Results are better than hoped for and makes a great partner to beko wshing machine
on 17 April 2014
Unless it's for a framed print of Paul Ross

Awesome, to put it isn't one word

Plumbed into standpipe, uses 10mm waste hose, 2 metre in length, had to increase this by half a metre using 10mm copper tube and a jubilee clip, job done. This is of course optional, you can use the large water container but it's worth the effort. Waste pipe is included. Forget trying to buy a longer 10mm waste pipe, these to my knowledge are unobtainable.

9kg drying load, matches our 9kg whirlpool washing machine.

Large illuminated drum with and almost 180 degree opening door, it could almost be but our cupboard door handle gets in the way. What and ingenious idea the light is too, no more will dark coloured socks be left forgotten and unloved.

Lots of settings, I slam it on synthetics and 'cupboard dry' and let the sensors take care of the rest. You pop the clothes in, it will display an approximate time on the screen and then after a couple of cycles it will show you a countdown timer in minutes. I have just finished a load of underclothes, hoodies and uniforms in 25 minutes and they were dry on opening the door, not steaming away like previous condensing driers I've owned in the past (all of 1) requiring immediate hanging to dry completely.

60 decibels operating, about the volume of a conversation, we have an open plan kitchen/living room, this does not disturb us, unless the wife leaves change in her pocket.

2 filters, one easily assessable in the drum, clean after every use (pull out, open, pull out dry compacted fluff and pop back in) and one large outlet on the kick plate. Remove after 25 approximate drying cycles or every month and give it a rince under the tap.

Now the finish. Looks modern, but the soft keys on the control panel aren't finished well and spongy, sit at ever slow slight angles that will annoy those with an engineers eye. LCD panel unobtrusive and basic. Does what it needs to, 7 segment LCD (much like a cheap digital watch) with a yellow glow, not like our washing machine with dot matrix for easier reading and more information. The panel is dim enough during operation to not be obtrusive.

Pleasant beeping to show end of cycle which the volume can be adjusted and a delay timer that we make use of so it can be set in the morning and start at midday so it uses the electricity from the solar panels.

Would I buy again, in a heartbeat. The only exclusion would be how robust it is but at the moment this tumble drier continues to impress.

I could have got this ££3 cheaper (paid £270 at the time) but honestly, for amazons customer service it's worth the extra

One realisation I have made however is that I have just got mildly excited over the purchase and use of a tumble drier. I need to re-evaluate my life.
on 4 April 2013
Very happy with the service and the product. Great value and importantly all clothes come out very dry. A must buy