on 3 September 2011
This book is very interesting if studying or working with Electrical , Electronics or just wanting some core knowledge of the Principles of Electricity.
If in doubt BUY THIS BOOK and you will have made a good purchase which will help you every day!
Plus any book by John Bird or Bird and May is excellent ;just look at their reviews.
on 19 May 2014
Excellent book written in a very forgiving way, well layed out examples followed by suitable questions, this book has helped me through an ONC and a HNC, next year doing the HND im sure i'll be using it, john Bird has written alot of helpful texts and this is one.
on 11 January 2013
Great book of practical applications of electrical and electronic theory, if you have done A level physics you will not need this book as it will be too simple for you.
on 13 March 2013
This book gives a first class theoretical knowledge base in electronic principles. Having worked through the book on my own I can say they were times when I struggled with some of the concepts introduced, in particular the chapters that dealt with diodes and transistors. However, students with maths and physics A'level should have no problems.
I highly recommend this book to all those entering BTEC III, HNC/HND and first year undergraduate students in the field of electronic engineering.
on 21 April 2011
I borrowed this book from the library a while ago but it was 2nd edition(both editions are the same but cover is changed and more colours added inside)
I needed it for my electrical and electronic engineering course and I found it very useful as it explains eveyrthing in details and easy to understand language.
on 25 October 2012
This book is absolutely fantastic, I am currently studying Btec Level 3 electrical/ electronic engineering extended diploma and I am one step ahead of everyone thanks to this book, really good examples too.. A MUST BUY, Delivery came bang on time too
on 9 June 2013
Really enjoyed this book!I found it particularly useful for preparing for my education in Engineering as it covers a lot of detail in an easily understood format. Awesome book :-)
on 30 January 2014
Exceptionally good book, working from the key fundamentals through to the advances modules.

Very useful for those who are weak in the mathematic field.
on 23 February 2014
If your doing engineering , bird's books are brilliant source of technical help, with plenty of examples and a well laid out structure. A must.
Marc. H
on 18 December 2013
I need the book for my uni preparations. its good. Like the author he writes easy to understand examples. Good value and its worth to keep it.