Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon 12 June 2012
I got into Lip Service a couple of episodes into series 1. I was blown away by the quality of this drama. Superb acting and raw and daring scripts. I have not seen anything this good since This Life, many years ago.

The BBC MUST make a third series.

If you AGREE, reply to this review and I'll forward it to the production team/commissioner of drama.
66 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2012
It still amaze's me even at my age (62) how moralistic the USA is where it comes to not allowing Homosexual and
Lesbian TV shows on anything but Cable networks. When i think of all the great shows and movies that come out of
Europe, i'm embarassed.
The cast of actor's and actresses who starred in "Lip Service" should all be congratulated for the performances
they gave. This was a very good show, and i look forward to Season 3, if and when it makes an appearance.
on 25 August 2013
I decided to purchase this after seeing both series on TV. Personally speaking, I thought series 1 had the edge over the second. Although the plot line of Series 2, did allow for some superb solo acting from Actress Heather Peace - who plays DS Sam Murray. Well worth buying on DVD.
on 10 November 2013
I caught this series when it first aired way back when, and I was instantly invested. Nothing has changed now as I rewatch the first series, and I'm absolutely looking forward to seeing the second!

Would recommend to everyone!!!
on 13 June 2013
Absolutely adore Lip Service and will miss the series more than I can explain. Thank you so much for this wonderful product, the fast delivery and the brilliant service.
on 23 June 2014
I have seen this show a few times over now at this stage over a while and never seem to get bored of it. Its not the L word though some of the characters can be compared a little bit. This show is way more edgy and dark. when it gets serious it is brutal. Some characters really get a raw deal, Frankie in particular. There is no glitter or glam like there is in the l word and some of the girls just get hurt over and over again. This has a much more real feel to it. I love the l word and I'm a huge fan but for a different reason. Plus its a lot shorter then the l word so its not really fare to compare....ha that rhymes.

I appreciate some of scenes in this series, especially the second one, where you know what is going to happen, you have already seen it but it still shocks you and gets a reaction at the most unlikely spot, I really didn't see it coming at all. Every time I see it my hands go straight up to my mouth. I have seen it a few times and its always the same. such a killer moment I love it.

it also might get people to realise that they should watch where they are going before they take a stroll across the road. I see so many people do it all the time, they have their eyes stuck into their iPhones or whatever. You HAVE to look where you are going and not at your stupid phone. check your text message when you get ACROSS the damn road. Its amazing some people have to be told this....sigh anyway.

Its a real shame they don't make a third season I really loved lexy. The thing about this show is that you can pick your fav character but they seem to change a lot so your sympathy keeps shifting from one to the other.
I must say Cat was my favourite, though her character is such an idiot at the start. she just flails all over the place, which kind of reminds me of myself when dealing with women lol. They kind of have that effect sometimes, probably because they are so nuts....yeah women are crazy. They are not for everyone but its why I love them so much.

Then there is Tess, Christ that girl is funny and sometimes so tragic you want to rescue her from being taken advantage of....ugh you know what.. I just love all the characters I really do they all have such amazing moments that stand out. Some change, they go up and down and you end up not liking them as much as before, for example - Sadie has so many different sides to her its hard to keep up with who she is but the more I saw her the more I loved her. At the start she has this F you attitude but by the time you get to the end of season 2 she starts to show her more vulnerable side and I found it quite heart breaking to watch.

Frankie, I loved her at the start but got really frustrated with her by the time...you know what happens. Such a cop out, I would never do that to friends. There is always a way around these things. Then again I understand her reasons for doing it too...kind of.

For a show they have seriously good diversity when it comes to this area so you are never bored. That is very important to me....obviously. Its a really good show and I wold recommend it to anyone who is not offended by women showing affection towards each other, it is a TV show about lesbians. It is short and NOT the L word. there are a few episodes on YouTube so you can check out some of them if you are not sure. For me...I should have bought this box set a long time a go.

Add to basket.
on 27 August 2012
Great series well worth owning. If you're a fan of lesbian movies this one is for you! Here's hoping another series is in the pipeline. With fabulous characters gay and straight its nice to see a series depicting everyday relationships. Buy it!
on 11 March 2014
The series in itself is amazing! Series 1 had me amazed and series 2 was even better! The best drama I have seen in a very long time, different to anything else that has been shown on bbc three or on British tele infact. A lot of mature 'adult' scenes so not appropriate for those of a young age or those funny about things like that. However, would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves a good drama. Definitely worth the £7 odd pound spent. Only negative was slow delivery and the disc holder inside arrived broken so the disc was moving about in the box. However definitely worth buying! Buy it Buy it Buy it!
on 22 February 2015
Nothing is as good as the L Word!
But so glad to see this on the telly and selling in DVD, We need more Lesbian content on our telly screens!
Worth watching!
on 24 June 2013
Great little item well worth looking round on amazon for the verity of different items and a lot less than going to some shops,Well worth the money