4.0 out of 5 stars the boogens are coming for you.
This was another film that until recently, I had never heard of and I saw it was available on blu ray and I thought that I would give it a try and I'm glad that I did.
Published 14 months ago by MICHAELM

3.0 out of 5 stars Boogens are coming
I watched this twice - originally I was disappointed but then figured I had been tired and watching it again it might not be so bad.

I felt affection for it - I was hoping it would provide reasons not to leave it any negative review.

Published on 12 Sept. 2012 by Bakuryuu Tyranno

4.0 out of 5 stars the boogens are coming for you., 30 April 2014
This review is from: Boogens [Blu-ray] [1981] [US Import] (Blu-ray)
The film itself is a slow burner creature feature and I have to admit that it does take a long time to get going and some people could get bored before it really starts to get interesting but, if you stick with it you might just be surprised, as I thought it turned out to be a great little horror film and I enjoyed it very much.
The blu ray whilst being an American import is region free. The picture quality ranges from fantastic to acceptable, this is one of those blu rays that can be very grainy but, the detail and colours are very good. The sound was also good.
All in all a pretty decent blu ray release of a pretty decent film. Give it a go.

4.0 out of 5 stars "..ANOTHER COOL 80'S CLASSIC..", 5 Jan. 2013
S. Drury "SDX-800" (U.K) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Boogens [Blu-ray] [1981] [US Import] (Blu-ray)
Another classic cheesy 80s horror that's not to be missed, this story is simple, an old mine gets re-opened and it unleashes some form of creature that's been living underground for years and has an appetite for human flesh, it has what you want cute girls, gory scenes, scares etc all done really well, the creature effects can be a tad cheesy but it doesn't matter, for the time its great fun and if the 80s horror scene is your thing then check it out. Bluray is region free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 17 April 2014
MPS "Epicure" (Gateshead, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boogens [Blu-ray] [1981] [US Import] (Blu-ray)
The Boogens is an awesome little movie, and this Bluray is superb: Audio is spot on and so is the transfer. Plus, we get to see Rebecca Balding's scrumptious little arse and bee-stings (if you like what you see, be sure to check her out in Silent Scream by picking up a copy of Scorpion Releasing's great dvd). Go on, you know you want to! ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent region free blu-ray!, 2 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Boogens [Blu-ray] [1981] [US Import] (Blu-ray)
Two young college graduates take a job with a crew re-opening an old abandoned silver mine in the snowy wilderness of Colorado. Inadvertently they release strange creatures trapped in the mine since a previous cave-in, and fairly soon the beasties are using the newly opened tunnels to hunt their prey!

The Boogens has been unavailable on home video for a long time. A shame really as unlike a lot of horrors shot in the same era it does not rely on gory deaths to sell its shocks, rather a slow build up of tension and atmosphere and characters we can grow to like before it pulls out all the stops and the deaths begin to pile up. Tragically fans have had to make do with dubious quality bootlegs over the years, so seeing the film on blu-ray comes as something of a revelation.

Horror fan's should seek this film out regardless, its a great slice of horror film-making and deserves to be seen by as many genre fans as possible. It helps that the blu-ray presents the film superbly with a fantastic, natural looking hi-def transfer that brings out all the detail and avoids any of the over-mastering seen on some releases these days. The cover art is great and it comes in a nifty little slipcase and olive films have even chucked in an interesting commentary track. (certainly more than we got for tales that witness madness)

Overall I would reccomend picking this up, it'll play on uk machines with no problems, my ps3 runs it fine, its a great little film that needs to be seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 9 Aug. 2013
David Cully "David Cully" (Artane Dublin 5 Ireland) - See all my reviews
absolutely classic film from the 80's this is one of my favourites I only found about this movie a few weeks ago cant believe I didn't know about it

3.0 out of 5 stars Boogens are coming, 12 Sept. 2012

Alright, the characters are... well they're interesting enough, not exactly highly developed but they carry the story. They used a dog that was quite well-trained, also.

The stalk scenes did very little for me, which was unfortunate.

Boogens [Blu-ray] [1981] [US Import]