on 9 February 2013
This is a good and quality Micro SD card - no issues after couple weeks of rather heavy use.

It is faster than Class 10 spec, so a good and safe buy.

Supplied adapter worked flawlessly too.
on 25 March 2013
its a fast card that works fine. here are the benchmark results:
Samsung 16GB Class 10 Micro SD Card

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 3.027 MB/s [ 739.0 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.147 MB/s [ 35.8 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 2.771 MB/s [ 676.4 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.196 MB/s [ 47.8 IOPS]

Test : 100 MB [E: 0.0% (0.0/14.9 GB)] (x1)
Date : 2013/02/06 21:12:03
OS : Windows 7 Ultimate Edition SP1 [6.1 Build 7601] (x64)

hits class 10 speeds easily on the writes.
66 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 February 2013
Just what I ordered works well at affordable price the adapter allows me to transfer any content to all my other devices
on 15 October 2014
The reasons why I believe that the Micro SD card is counterfeited are:
- Speed: A class 10 SD card should have minimum 10 Mb writing speed. Here are the results from h2testw.exe program

Writing speed: 8.49 MByte/s
Reading speed: 17.7 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

- No chip manufacturer in the hardware Ids from the card. These are the details found by ChipGenius program.

Device Name: +[E:]+Generic USB Hub(USB Disk)

PnP Device ID: VID = 8087 PID = 0020
Serial Number: 5&&F2FC40C&&0&&1
Revision: 1.00

Device Type: Standard USB device - USB2.0 High-Speed

Chip Vendor: (No match record)
Chip Part-Number: (No match record)

Product Vendor: USB
Product Model: Disk

- Packaging does not have Samsung logo.
- The Micro SD card doesn't have the Samsung logo
- No serial information at the back of the Micro SD card. It is just plain black
on 18 August 2013
I've been reading several reviews on micro-sdhc cards and one was very helpful. It recommended a program titled, H2Testw.exe which I downloaded free from the net. It will tell you if the card really does have a full 16gb of memory on it or if the card is some sort of re-programmed knock off that you buy from dodgy people selling stuff from their car boot.

Over the last several months, I've purchased a variety of 8, 16 and 32gb memory cards and I thought I'd give them a going over with this software. I should note that none of the cards I've purchased have failed, but some do seem very slow compared to others. The 32gb was sold to me as a 4x speed card and both the 16gb cards I have were sold to me as 10x. I didn't have time to test the 32 gig card today but I'll come back and update the review later. This card however was painfully slow so it ended up as a Windows 7 bootable OS disk that I use to install windows.

First the results of this card. The Samsung 16gb 10x. Purchased from "City of memories".

I should note that although the large SD adapter had a Samsung sticker on it, it arrived without any sort of retail package. I know that big manufacturers like Samsung and Kingston don't sell their stuff without retail packages so I was wary right from the start. The actual Mico-SDHC card itself has no branding on it but just basic printing indicating that it's a class 10, etc.

Test results for this card:

Writing speed: 9.07 MByte/s
Reading speed: 17.8 MByte/s

What do the numbers mean? It's difficult to determine if this is indeed 10x/class 10 speed because of a variety of factors involved and as of yet I have not found an internet reference which really gives precise details on what this means. You would think that if it writes at 10 megs/second that it would mean that it's 10x. Everyone seems to have a different opinion on this matter. They say 10x means an average of both read and write. One web page says that writing at 1.5MByte a second is equal to 10x. If my memory is correct, manufacturers moved way from using the "X" reference a few years ago in favour of a more accurate "Class" reference. I don't think it's been very helpful or has worked to clarify much in peoples minds.

------

I purchased a Lexar 16gb card a while ago and it gives an improved write performance over the unbranded Samsung. I should note that it came in full retail packaging and the packaging looked every bit as professional and real as anything you'd find in a shop. Doesn't necessarily mean that it's real though but it was traditionally painfully difficult to open even with a pair of big scissors . But I could see no funny faded printing colours or odd materials used in the printing process. It came with a small fold out paper from Lexar with my warranty info and all that. It cost just a couple of pounds more than this.

Writing speed: 13.9 MByte/s
Reading speed: 17.8 MByte/s

So from this, I can see that the average write is 4.83 megs greater than the unbranded card.

Here is one very interesting thing to note though. When I started the test, the full retail packaged Lexar card began writing at about 13 megs a second and sustained this over the entire duration of the test which takes about 30 minutes. The unbranded Samsung (this product you're looking at now) started off writing at 4megs and slowly but steadily increased it's speed until it settled at 9.07 after about 9 or 10 minutes of writing. It then sustained this.

So although this Samsung unbranded (with no retail package) is an ok buy at only £8 I wouldn't use it for 1080p HD video recording. The test revealed that it does have a real 16gb capacity and it seems solid and decent overall. But a lot of hd cameras have a special feature to drop frames if the storage can't keep up. You'd see dropped frames if you moved the camera around a lot and there is a lot of stuff going on in the scene. Also, a card like this may interfere with burst mode when shooting 14 or 16 megapixel still images. For your everyday picture taking though I feel it would be ok.

If you really want pro results from your gear, then stay away from this questionable stuff. You're saving money, sure, but you really do get what you pay for.

I'm using this card in a 10.1" android tablet. I have no problems with it at all. I've often write 1080p MKV movies to it and watch them without any issue at all. I've written full dvd mpg (*.vob) files and they've played back perfectly without issue. I have lots of mp3 on it and they start up and play instantly just all the video files.

Hopefully this will put things into perspective. And remember, the sellers of items continually differ, so the card you buy here today may come from someone else. And even then, the stock may differ from one lot to the next.

If you use some common sense and test your cards you'll be wiser and in the long run happier.
on 6 December 2013
Hi,
The card works fine but the claimed read/write speeds by the seller are wildly misleading. After performing repeated benchmark test to verify results, these are the "BEST" results obtained.

Minimum read: 18.1 mb/s
Maximum read: 21.0 mb/s
Average read: 19.9 mb/s

Minimum write: 1.8 mb/s
Maximum write: 3.9 mb/s
Average write: 2.6 mb/s

Access time: 0.7 ms

A you can see "NOWHERE" near claimed performance.
on 24 March 2013
Very very quick del, and class 10 as well, from bulk but who needs the extra packing any way. Will be dealing again I'm sure a very fine site AAAAAA++++++
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 August 2013
I bought this microSD card initially for my Samsung ATIV S Windows Phone and recently for an Olympus Digital Voice Recorder. A 16GB Class 10 MicroSD from a reputable manufacturer for under £9 really sounds like a steal. All in perfect working order and no issues at all.

For those in doubt of this product being a Samsung, check out the part number MMCTR16GUACJ at [...]

Quality product with excellent value for money and no hesitation in recommending it.
on 10 August 2013
What can one say about a memory card - not much really except that this one is fine, worked as it should and allowed me to copy over all my photos of our year old granddaughter from PC to view on my tablet. Excellent product for the price and at the time was excellent value too at £8.99 but now that Amazon want £2.99 p/p (despite it showing "Eligible for Free Super Saver delivery") I cancelled my repeat order and will buy elsewhere in future, just on principle.
I have quite a few 16 to 64 gb class ten Micro SD cards which I use in my DSLR cameras and HD video recording equipment. These tend to be high end cards which are 'ultimate' or 'pro' cards which are double and more the cost of these. I needed a new one and thought I'd give this relatively cheap slower write speed one a go.

I used this to record a few HD videos at a frame rate of 30fps and they were absolutely fine. The images produced were bang on, clear, vibrant colours with great audio clarity. Shooting pictures with a DSLR was good too. Burst shots, high speed shots and video were all good.

This card picked everything up fine.

If you're looking for a class 10 card then give this one a go, you won't go far wrong.

Recommended.