5.0 out of 5 stars An unappreciated classic!
This film has long been overshadowed by more recent animated features. OK, it doesn't have the catchy tunes or the flashy graphics of the Little Mermaid or the Lion King, but its still an entertaining movie for people of any age.
The film is set in Victorian London, where mice and rats have their own little society. The toymaker, Mr. Flaversham is kidnapped by a one...
Published on 28 Feb 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars A well disguised Disney Classic!
Although this film does of course contain those classic and magical elements that we all love I feel that it does lack that certain something which makes us jump out of our seats and say "Wow!". The animation is of course fantastic and the Sherlock Holmes based characters are all lovable and memorable including the classic Disney Villain Rattigan the power...
Published on 11 July 2000

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Basil The great mouse detective., 30 Dec 2012
Patrick G "PJG" (Ardrosson, Ayrshire) - See all my reviews
A good disney classic.
A good story and great animation
Its filled with mystry and fun for all
the family and a great character in Basil
And very good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic disney, 6 Nov 2012
This was one of my favourite films as a child and I recently bought the DVD and it hasn't lost its magic. It's fun and an obvious spin on Sherlock but it is a bit of disney magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Basil The Great Mouse Detective, 27 Oct 2012
Love this film one of the kids favourites!!! One for all the family!! We all love Disney films!! Goods arrived on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 Aug 2012
R. Fraser - See all my reviews
I remember this film as a child, and it did not disappoint as an adult. I bought it for my child, who also loved it. It arrived quickly, and in excellent condition. Would recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Basil The Great Mouse Detective, 4 July 2012
I was very happy when I came across this item on the website as I was unable to find it anywhere! Its an old Disney classic which in my opinion is brilliant and forgotton about alot in comparison to the other Disney classics. It gave me alot of happy memories as a child and I would recommend it to anyone, young or older.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is great, 9 Jan 2012
an oldie but a goodie - totally classic childrens cartoon but one they wont have seen!!! its a fab feel good movie - kids love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Basil The Great Mouse Detective [DVD] [1986], 12 Mar 2011
Mr. Christopher D. Keen "Chris" (Buckinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
This is a really good disney film one of my favourites and has a great story and great characters too.
A Great purchase indeed, recommend this to any disney fans for sure!! :)
Basil The Great Mouse DetectiveTastic!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Basil the GREAT mouse detective, 18 Feb 2011
i loved this disney film. I love Conan Doyle's Holmes anyway so this was a great disney film for me. I love disney anyway generally as a rule so im slowly replacing my VHS with DVD's on my favourite film. this is definitely one of my favourite, theres only a few songs and they are well times. a adorable little girl and heroic mouse, even though he didnt really want to be the hero.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who doesn't love basil, 26 Jan 2011
Ms. H. P. Scrivens (England) - See all my reviews
I loved this film as a child when i had it on VHS (some 15yrs ago now), when i saw i could have it on dvd i just had to buy it.

Basil is a great character in this easy to watch film. Its a good story, based on a famous character that has been adapted for tv and film many times. This cartoon animal version is a lot easier for kids to understand and enjoy.

I would recommend this film to all kids and adults a like. :D
5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars christmas pressie, 17 Jan 2011
sue "susan" (london england) - See all my reviews
my grandson loves this film and was delighted when he got it in his stocking from father Christmas

thanks

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

Great Mouse Detective [Blu-ray] [1986] [US Import]
Great Mouse Detective [Blu-ray] [1986] [US Import] by Vincent Price (Blu-ray - 2012)
11.54