5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my Life a few times already
After seeing the Kickstarter for the new monkey lights I did a bit of research and found these bad boys.

Installing it wasn't too too bad but I found going on Youtube easier than the paper it came with.

I loved it from the second I turned them on.

The first level of brightness was more than enough.

Now for how they saved...
Published 18 months ago by Mr. ER Ramos

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last long
Unfortunately after approximately 2 years of little use (as i only really need it in winter), it's not working anymore. No idea why. Not impressed.
Published 2 months ago by Dutchdove

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my Life a few times already, 6 Nov. 2013
Mr. ER Ramos "Enrique Ramos" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monkey M232 Waterproof 32 Full Color LED Bike Wheel Light - Black, 200 Lumen (Sports)

I loved it from the second I turned them on.

The first level of brightness was more than enough.

Now for how they saved me.

Three months and I was knocked down three times and the drivers said "I didn't see you".
I didn't think this was a good situation so opted to have them on my front wheel.
I've had cops pull me over and ask what they are. I've had other cyclist say what is it while I was cycling and explained to them what they where and they said more bikes should have them.
I was almost T-boned by a car. The driver then drove next to me as I was going down the road and said So sorry mate. If it weren't for those lights I would have turned ya into a hood ornament.

Now the bad points.... You can really see the lights as you riding unless you lean your bike a bit as you're peddling away.

Other than that I can not fault them.

I actually feel that the more people point them out the safer I feel on the road. If they can see me and notice me then they won't hit me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entirely waterproof, very durable and a lot of fun., 25 Nov. 2012
I am a London bicycle courier riding 60+ miles daily five days a week in all weather. I have been using MonkeyLights since 2009. I have had two of the M232 lights on my wheels for over two months now. I attached them securely and have absolutely no problem with them despite the rather heavy duty use. They are entirely waterproof and very durable.

Now that it's dark for almost half of my working day I find them a lifesaver in the busy traffic, and they are a lot of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommend, 31 Dec. 2014
Working nights, I do a majority of my training rides in the dark during the winter months. My first proper dark ride this year highlighted the local councils decision to turn off a lot of street lighting in the area, making me very vulnerable on the road. So more lights were needed on my bike. After an extensive search, I saw the kickstarter video for the monkeylight and was intrigued. I bought this one.
Once fitted, which took about 10 minutes, I turned off the house lights and switched it on. Wow! It looks amazing!
To the real test. Out on the road it was dark enough to light up my rear wheel. This is bright, very bright. Once up to speed, the patterns take shape and the back wheel comes to life, shining the light and really making you visible on the road. The major benefits of this light though is when you're stopped at junctions. You are so much more visible from the sides.
As I was riding along, I could see that vehicles were giving me much more room when overtaking, and the reaction from pedestrians was also fun to see.
All in all I'm very happy with this light. It's not a gimmick and is a real safety feature. Excellent and highly recommend if you ride in the dark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome lights, 25 Mar. 2013
Great lights...fun, easy to install and really helps your visibility. Have them on my commuter bike but you don't really notice the little bit of extra weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic, 21 Mar. 2014
Epic. Just epic. The lights are flawless and work like a charm. Installation was easy enough and after inserting the batteries everything was fine and dandy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pimp your bike!, 22 Sept. 2013
Eye catching device and high quality manufactured. Easy to install and I have to find out how it will hold on my ATB

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, robust, and cool., 2 Jan. 2015
Excellent light set, installing it was quite easy actually, I'd recommend getting up youtube and getting the installation video up while you do it yourself for reassurance.

The lights are exceptionally bright, really good in dark conditions. I don't turn my lights on when its bright outside so I can't speak for the brightness in day light. but at night they will shine away, if you wear reflective gear, it will make you extra visible to other road users.

Waterproofness:
So I cycle to work a couple of times a week. its an 18 mile round trip. Unfortunately on the way there is an underpass that is prone to flooding. the water gets up to between a foot and half a foot of water. So part of the monkey light gets dunked in water. I've cycled through this with the lights on and off. Its un phased by it, incredibly water proof. I don't want to test leaving it to soak in said water, but for daily commute usage, puddle splashes and rain are not going to phase this baby!

All in all, its a really good buy, recommend to everyone, both for how cool it looks (you will get some stares), how robust it is, and how much it lights you up for other road users.

5.0 out of 5 stars Put a smile on your face., 18 Jun. 2013
Absolutly love them......and so do pedestrians and car users..Safe cycling is about getting others to see you. If you thing you've got enough lights on your bike you haven't been knocked off enough.
Put a smile on a strangers face, buy some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enhances Visability ten fold, 13 Mar. 2014
Normallly i dont leave reviews but with this item i felt i simply had to.

I bought this for my husband at christmas. Yes it would probably look better on a teens bike, but there are some awsome graphics for adults on there too. The route my husband has to travel to work is via alot of country roads, with no street lights. In the winter this helps not only his visability but also helps others to see him too. He came home saying how he had never felt so safe. And i must admit as a worried wife it has put my mind at ease too.
They were easy enough to fit, and they dont look of feel cheap, they are what they are.

I agree these arent the cheapest option in comparison to some of the other options out there but they are well owrth the money that i paid for them, and he will be getting another for his front wheel for his birthday.

All in all these are a life saver, but great fun at the same time. I cant rate these highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 20 Jan. 2014
These are definitely eye catching. I've used them in London for a few weeks now and have gotten some positive comments and a lot of turned heads.

Where they excel though is the increased visibility. On high, they do make a halo of light around the wheel and make the bike much more visible to cars, and particularly, pedestrians.