5.0 out of 5 stars Entirely waterproof, very durable and a lot of fun.
I am a London bicycle courier riding 60+ miles daily five days a week in all weather. I have been using MonkeyLights since 2009. I have had two of the M232 lights on my wheels for over two months now. I attached them securely and have absolutely no problem with them despite the rather heavy duty use. They are entirely waterproof and very durable.

Now that it's...
Published 21 months ago by Zsuzsanna

2.0 out of 5 stars Great product, poor design
Brilliant product, very fun. But it has a design flaw - the battery pack attaches to the wheel hub using four cable ties. The battery pack rubber mount is one size fits all - it is impossible to securely attach the battery pack in a position where it will not move around the wheel slightly.

Spare cable needs t be attached to the spokes to prevent it becoming...
Published 21 months ago by Adrian Donnelly

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Entirely waterproof, very durable and a lot of fun., 25 Nov 2012
This review is from: Monkeylectric Light Party LED Bike Light - Black, Size 32 (Sports)

Now that it's dark for almost half of my working day I find them a lifesaver in the busy traffic, and they are a lot of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my Life a few times already, 6 Nov 2013
Mr. ER Ramos "Enrique Ramos" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
After seeing the Kickstarter for the new monkey lights I did a bit of research and found these bad boys.

Installing it wasn't too too bad but I found going on Youtube easier than the paper it came with.

I loved it from the second I turned them on.

The first level of brightness was more than enough.

Now for how they saved me.

Three months and I was knocked down three times and the drivers said "I didn't see you".
I didn't think this was a good situation so opted to have them on my front wheel.
I've had cops pull me over and ask what they are. I've had other cyclist say what is it while I was cycling and explained to them what they where and they said more bikes should have them.
I was almost T-boned by a car. The driver then drove next to me as I was going down the road and said So sorry mate. If it weren't for those lights I would have turned ya into a hood ornament.

Now the bad points.... You can really see the lights as you riding unless you lean your bike a bit as you're peddling away.

Other than that I can not fault them.

I actually feel that the more people point them out the safer I feel on the road. If they can see me and notice me then they won't hit me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pimp your bike!, 22 Sep 2013
Eye catching device and high quality manufactured. Easy to install and I have to find out how it will hold on my ATB

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome lights, 25 Mar 2013
Great lights...fun, easy to install and really helps your visibility. Have them on my commuter bike but you don't really notice the little bit of extra weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Put a smile on your face., 18 Jun 2013
Absolutly love them......and so do pedestrians and car users..Safe cycling is about getting others to see you. If you thing you've got enough lights on your bike you haven't been knocked off enough.
Put a smile on a strangers face, buy some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic, 21 Mar 2014
Epic. Just epic. The lights are flawless and work like a charm. Installation was easy enough and after inserting the batteries everything was fine and dandy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enhances Visability ten fold, 13 Mar 2014
Normallly i dont leave reviews but with this item i felt i simply had to.

I bought this for my husband at christmas. Yes it would probably look better on a teens bike, but there are some awsome graphics for adults on there too. The route my husband has to travel to work is via alot of country roads, with no street lights. In the winter this helps not only his visability but also helps others to see him too. He came home saying how he had never felt so safe. And i must admit as a worried wife it has put my mind at ease too.
They were easy enough to fit, and they dont look of feel cheap, they are what they are.

I agree these arent the cheapest option in comparison to some of the other options out there but they are well owrth the money that i paid for them, and he will be getting another for his front wheel for his birthday.

All in all these are a life saver, but great fun at the same time. I cant rate these highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 20 Jan 2014
These are definitely eye catching. I've used them in London for a few weeks now and have gotten some positive comments and a lot of turned heads.

Where they excel though is the increased visibility. On high, they do make a halo of light around the wheel and make the bike much more visible to cars, and particularly, pedestrians.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought a second set!, 5 Jan 2014
I originally bought these lights for myself after someone recommended them
and have been very impressed. So impressed in fact that I bought a second
set for my girlfriend. They are easy to install once you have watched the
video and the instructions are very clear so probably took about 15 mins.
You will need pliers or so just to really tighten then zip cords up. The
actual light unit is like a printed circuit board and I was wary about
getting it wet however its moulded with a clear plastic film and is very
sturdy and water tight.

There are a huge range of colours and designs to choose from however I
don't really bother changing them. They really do look fantastic when you
are riding along and I have been approached by several people telling me
how good they look. Its also great to see people turn their heads and look
when I am cycling past. I have been using them for a couple of months now
for my commute to work - probably 30 minutes per day and have not had to
change the battery yet. They are very light and don't make any difference
whatsoever to my ride.

The only slight negative and I do mean slight is that the on/off button can
be a little fiddley to find when its dark to turn on or off again. There
are three small buttons to chose from and it took me a while to remember
where they were.

A great purchase and I am very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Light., 30 Nov 2013
I have to cross a number of busy roundabouts on my 28 mile cycle commute to work. I wanted a set of lights to make me more visible to traffic from the side and this light does exactly that and more. They're outstanding. I've been stopped by one police officer who ask me where I got them from. I'm getting another set for the rear wheel.
Stop reading this and get a set.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›