5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service
Great service, great price. The only protein product I will take from now on. No ill effects, does what it says on the tin
Published 7 months ago by Craig Westwood

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I really wanted to like this product. I have been a long term user of protein shakes so have tried alot on the market, and liked the idea of a more natural product.

Published on 1 Sept. 2012 by J. Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Sept. 2012
J. Brown (Swindon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Hemp Nutrition Lean Shake with Hemp Protein Chocolate 1kg (Personal Care)

I like hemp and I like chocolate so, in theory, I should have loved this! The shake mixes well in so far as there are no lumps in it, but it does leave a grainy texture and sludge in the glass. It also makes a fairly watery shake when made as directed, and I was loathed to make it with less water as the taste would be more concentrated.

The taste itself is hard to describe and leaves a definite after taste, as a plus point though it has made me increase my water intake because as soon as I finish the shake I have to drink more water to take the taste away! I am only persevering with this product because I don't want to waste my money, but it is a struggle to get the shake down and keep it down, so I hope that I see a positive change on the scales by the end of the tub! I already eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly so the only change has been my change in shake, but I will be sticking to my tried and tested Maximuscle Promax Diet 1200 g Chocolate Weight Loss and Definition Shake Powder which gives excellent results and tastes delicious. Sorry I will not be repeat purchasing this or any other item from the Good Hemp range

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 22 Jun. 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Discusting!, 21 Jun. 2014
I’m no quitter and if I start something I would normally aim to finish it regardless but I have been defeated with this product. I tried my best to find different mixes which would mast the taste but I failed miserably. Yes this is packed with all the goodness other protein powders don’t have but the consequence to good nutrition leaves a nasty taste in your mouth. The jar is still in my kitchen and almost full, don’t know why im keeping it lol.

If you don’t mind drinking 300ml of something awful then this could be for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative 'natural' shake, 9 April 2014
I've found this vegan hemp protein complex to be a great supplement to my workout regime. Although people have critiqued the faste, to be honest, I haven't found any protein shake to taste so phenomenal that I've wanted to drink it consistently (as well keep in mind that it is lightly sweetened with Stevia and the caloric count is much lower than many other supplements). It does take some getting used to mixing it with just water just like any protein shake, however you easily get used to it. For those having trouble, I personally, at first, switched to mixing it with about 300ml of Almond Milk to get used to the taste (and it does wonders - It is a simple substitute without adding many calories: around only 40kcal more). and keeps it vegan friendly. Definitely feel more energised and happier overall; also my recuperation time from working out is much quicker. Would highly recommend !

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum & healthy -it doesn't get any better., 24 Mar. 2014
Liz G., Kent (North Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
Great price - cheapest anywhere. Subscribe to shop & save and get it even cheaper. Great delivery & service. 100% natural and that includes how they sweeten it! Get it down ya in the form of a smoothie and bung a load of other natural, raw ingredients in it - be creative! Full amino-acid profile. Better digested than whey and has the perfect Omega 3 & 6 balance of human consumption.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 Jan. 2013
S. Haig (Glasgow, UK) - See all my reviews
There isn't much I can add over J. Brown's review (1st September 2012) since everything they have said I agree with. I bought this because I wanted to try a soy free based protein shake and liked the thought of something that was more 'natural'.

I thought it tasted horrible if I'm totally honest and also left a less than pleasant after taste (although I appreciate taste is subjective). I agree also that it has a very grainy texture.

I also tried to persevere with it, trying out different quantities of water to mix it with than that recommended, but it made no real difference.

I've gone back to my Soy based shake.

If Good Hemp Nutrition offered samples of there other shakes, I'd be willing to try them out before writing this company's products off, but I definitely won't be buying the Lean Shake again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 19 Sept. 2014
Follow the advice of the other reviewer and mix it with almond milk, it makes a huge difference and turns something which is difficult to keep down, to a drink that doesn't taste too bad at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars but oh my god it's like drinking compost, 19 Jan. 2015
Bought this for travel, does the job if you have no gag reflex, but oh my god it's like drinking compost.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 26 July 2014
not a great fan of chocolate but kept it and using it beside another brand .

4.0 out of 5 stars character building. down it and you cant go wrong, 30 Oct. 2014
good and as described. nice and low amount of fat/cals, decent amount of protein and good amount of omegas for your joints. great for climbers. taste? chocolate flavoured grass flavoured sand. Advice for consumption: couple of sharp breaths and get it down in one lad!