5.0 out of 5 stars More great jazz-rock
IF 2 continues in the same theme of excellent jazz-rock as found on the self titled album, IF. Full of wonderfully structured musical delights and surprises, with some great solos to boot. Get it while you can!
Published on 13 July 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars If 2
I was hoping for more instrumentals on this CD, the vocals are okay but with the songs like what did I say about the box Jack? from the CD If, and Fibonacci's number number on If 3 I wanted more of those numbers. Anyway its an okay addition to add to my collection of music.
Published on 15 Jan 2012 by steven A. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars More great jazz-rock, 13 July 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: If 2 (Audio CD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Unsung heroes, 13 Jun 2007
P. D. Roberts - See all my reviews
This review is from: If2 (Audio CD)
A delightful album for all lovers of jazz rock. Lively, innovative for its time and energetic, all the musicians shine as individuals (as their futures have shown) and gel perfectly. The final star is ommitted purely on the basis of product presentation.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite albums, and with good reason, 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: If2 (Audio CD)
If you like Jazz-Fusion, this is a great album - really great. If I were allowed just six albums to put on my music player, this would be one of them.

Some of the other reviews have covered this in greater detail, so I won't repeat it, but I do believe this album has more mass-market appeal than you might think. There's a lot of instrumental jazzy sections, but they're catchy - they're good to listen to. No pointless noodling ala King Crimson or Pink Floyd. Solid stuff.

A++++++ would listen to again - and frequently do.

5.0 out of 5 stars If 2 (Remastered), 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: If 2 (Remastered) (MP3 Download)
I have If,If Three,and Tea-break over back on your 'eads so had to get If Two to complete my collection.I was not disappointed,great jazz/rock music i can recommend this album wholeheartedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Saddest Sunday but the Hippest of Sounds, 30 May 2007
Fireleap (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: If2 (Audio CD)
What an incredible album, and this coming from someone who has over a 1000 CDs stored chronologically, most of them coming from the crucial formative years 1968-1972. This album falls squarely in that category.

For lovers of jazz, prog, rock, pop et al this is a belter of a record. Sunday Sad is perhaps the finest song of 1971. Over 8 minutes but as it moves through phases and swirls it never loses its focus, and topped and tailed by fabulous flute and strong but lilting vocals.

A classic.