1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Harmonious Qawwalis, 14 May 2006
This review is from: Sacrifice To Love (Audio CD)
Experimentation is all about uncovering burried treasure - and when I bought this CD I was unusually surprised by what I found. These two Qawwals are the Nephews of the most prolific and enlightened Qawwali singer - Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. I am not about to attempt to describe what this man has done for Pakistani music or how he has touched my own life, but needless to say the world would be a vastly different place if NFAK hadnt bestowed his genius on us.

Sacrifice to Love is both controlled and yet intense and uninhibited. Allah Ho Ya Rehman is the CD's flagship tune, as the brothers truly unleash their energy and definately dont hold back. For me, a great Qawwal is a mixture of a fast beat, culminating in multiple climaxes and continuing to bring the listener to a higher and higher state of consciousness. In addition to being original and ultimately full of improvisations. This CD has many of these features, I dont think you will be disappointed, but remember there'll never be another Nusrat Ji to walk this earth.

Sacrifice to Love