Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 25 May 2012
I love that the music from the show is available for buying but I really think they missed a trick by not including the best tracks in the show - especially most of the original compositions. I would have liked to see "A Thousand and One Nights", "Never met a Wolf" and "Second Hand White Baby Grand", "On Lexington and 52nd Street" amongst many others, rather than things like "Haven't met you yet"...
33 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 July 2012
Would have had 5 stars but after looking at previous comments about missing songs, did some digging and found there is a deluxe version containing all the songs.
on 19 June 2012
A very good CD but some of the titles from the TV show are not on the disc which was rather dissapointing
on 29 June 2012
I started watching 'Smash', the TV show, whilst in the States and was instantly hooked, not just because of the storyline revolving around the making of a stage musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe but because the songs written for the make-believe show were so good. I've loved Katharine McPhee's voice since I first saw her on American Idol (she should have won) and Megan Hilty is an equally engaging performer. The songs are pretty typical stage musical show-stoppers. I particularly like 'Let Me Be Your Star', sung by both female singers each vying for the lead role in the musical. I only wish there would actually be a stage musical of Marilyn as portrayed in this excellent TV series. The standard of the songs is high and I would certainly buy tickets for any musical based on them, especially if the two leading actors could be persuaded to share the role for real! I would recommend this albums to all lovers of the TV series or to those who just love musicals in general.
on 15 August 2014
Some great songs on here but I wished they'd not put the songs from Bombshell on and actually concentrated on the other songs sung in the show. I have the Bombshell CD so half of this is just a repeat of something else that I already have. I would still buy it before the first half is fantastic
on 6 September 2012
I was so disappointed ! I bought this album because I fell in love with the song. *Don't forget me*, which was sung at the end and had me in tears, It's not on the album, or many of the original others. Devastated/ Where can I get this track please someone help me find it! Thanks for listening
on 18 April 2013
If you are fan of the show Smash then you are going to like it the soundtrack is exactly the one you can enjoy from the show. however i was expecting some extra tracks still it is a nice Music Soundtrack.
on 14 December 2012
I really loved the music from the series. I do like the CD, but I was a bit disappointed with the choice of songs on the CD. They could have put Wolf on there, the Zanuck number, as well as the song the two girls sang in Times Square. I really did not want to hear Bernadette Peters shrieking.

However, the CD was good, arrived in good time and in great condition
on 3 April 2013
This CD is a good one, and I like all the songs on it, but I was hoping it would have more songs from the actual Bombshell play, not just covers. However, I know they also released a Bombshell-only CD too, so if you are more interested the show's soundtrack as opposed to covers, I would try that. Not a bad CD though.
on 22 November 2012
I got hooked by 'Smash'and really wanted it to be a great series but became increasingly disenchanted by the rather obvious plot twists. However I really enjoyed the songs written by Marc Shaiman and Scott Whitman for the show within a show about Marilyn Munroe, their staging and dream sequence performances and have since played 'Let me be your Star' a lot....Maybe a musical about Marilyn would always be doomed to faliure, how could you ever capture the radiant 'star' quality she possesed, but this CD is a lot of fun with terrific performances.