4.0 out of 5 stars Missing some of the best songs
Published on 25 May 2012 by Meldrum2

3.0 out of 5 stars There is a better version
Would have had 5 stars but after looking at previous comments about missing songs, did some digging and found there is a deluxe version containing all the songs.
Published on 31 July 2012 by JLF

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing some of the best songs, 25 May 2012
This review is from: The Music Of Smash (MP3 Download)
I love that the music from the show is available for buying but I really think they missed a trick by not including the best tracks in the show - especially most of the original compositions. I would have liked to see "A Thousand and One Nights", "Never met a Wolf" and "Second Hand White Baby Grand", "On Lexington and 52nd Street" amongst many others, rather than things like "Haven't met you yet"...

4.0 out of 5 stars A Smash HIt!, 19 Jun 2012
Mr. K. T. Mellor (Woodford Green UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Music Of Smash (Audio CD)
A very good CD but some of the titles from the TV show are not on the disc which was rather dissapointing

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Show Songs, 29 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Music Of Smash (Audio CD)
I started watching 'Smash', the TV show, whilst in the States and was instantly hooked, not just because of the storyline revolving around the making of a stage musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe but because the songs written for the make-believe show were so good. I've loved Katharine McPhee's voice since I first saw her on American Idol (she should have won) and Megan Hilty is an equally engaging performer. The songs are pretty typical stage musical show-stoppers. I particularly like 'Let Me Be Your Star', sung by both female singers each vying for the lead role in the musical. I only wish there would actually be a stage musical of Marilyn as portrayed in this excellent TV series. The standard of the songs is high and I would certainly buy tickets for any musical based on them, especially if the two leading actors could be persuaded to share the role for real! I would recommend this albums to all lovers of the TV series or to those who just love musicals in general.

3.0 out of 5 stars There is a better version, 31 July 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars smash the musical, 6 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Music Of Smash (Audio CD)
I was so disappointed ! I bought this album because I fell in love with the song. *Don't forget me*, which was sung at the end and had me in tears, It's not on the album, or many of the original others. Devastated/ Where can I get this track please someone help me find it! Thanks for listening

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Music Of Smash (Audio CD)
If you like the show, you'll love this CD. It's brilliant and there's a real mixture of songs too. Definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Songs!!!, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Music Of Smash (MP3 Download)
I loved this series so just had to have the album most of the songs are on from the show :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ugh but......., 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Music Of Smash (Audio CD)
I find it dreadful but my wife loves it. It was bought for her so I have to give it 5. some of the songs are catchy and it is well acted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memorable songs, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Music Of Smash (Audio CD)
A brilliant collection of songs from the tv show Smash...lots of variety and good to sing along to..a happy CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Music Of Smash (Audio CD)
It you have watched the series you will love this music the voices are amazing. Recommended definitely. I have bought DVD too

The Music Of Smash