5.0 out of 5 stars Youth in a bar
Piece of black rock that makes my shaving a pleasure. I used to use it for face cleansing and one day shaved with it as well. Great! It's been almost 15years of our friendship and although i tried some other products few times i see that Erno Laszlo mud bar has no alternative. Try it,love it,stick with it for ever! :-)
Published 20 months ago by Dom

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally different product
I used Laszlo for many years. The sea mud soap was a staple product for me but had to be used properly and with the rest of the skin ritual to see results. They used to sell this in Fortnum & Mason, Harvey Nichols, Dickens & Jones and Harrods ( where Princess Diana used to send her ladies in waiting to pick up her Laszlo products).

The brand lauched in stores...
Published 6 months ago by Lee White

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally different product, 23 Jan. 2015
Lee White (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ERNO LASZLO Sea Mud Deep Cleansing Bar 150 g (Personal Care)

The brand lauched in stores in the early 1960s ( prior to then it had been by appointment with Dr Laszlo only)had its heyday in the 1960s and 1970s when it was THE brand to use and had a massive celebrity film star following. Then it seemed to fall off the radar a bit as Lauder, Lancôme et al became huge global entities with massive advertising budgets and every more expensive luxe ranges ( Creme de La Mer etc)

Laszlo had new owners around 2012 and I think the aim was to reposition the brand and make it into a serious money making machine particularly in the emerging ( and lucrative) Chinese market.

Unfortuately the new owners have thrown away much of the brands heritage by designing naff new packaging, calling it "Erno Laszlo New York" and discontinuing tried and trusted products and changing the formla of others. In order to make more money they have pulled out of stores like Saks and launched ever more expensive serums and creams.

The sea mud soap is now scarcely recognisable with very different ingredients to even its 1990s version. It now contains charcoal powder and lots of additives that weren't in the old one. I have checked the boxes to verify this.

When you use it you now get a grey film ( of charcoal?) over the sink and this can cause your drain / plughole to become blocked. More importantly it doesn't have the same skin calming and cleansing properties as before.

Based on ingredients lists the Adova or Dead Sea Magic bars are a lot closer to the old Laszlo formula. I would try those in favour of this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Drying!, 28 Mar. 2015
I expected good things from this bar, but all it has done is dry out my skin. I have never had an issue with dry skin, but since using this product all of three times my whole face felt sore if I did not moisturise a couple of times a day. I have since stopped using it and my skin seems to be returning to normal.. but will not be touching this again!

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as i thought, 26 Mar. 2014
not as good as i thought, and I got a redness and allergy to it ! I won't buy it again!

2.0 out of 5 stars breakouts, 13 Oct. 2013
since I started using it my acne are starting to come out..I just wanna ask if this is really the normal reaction of the mud soap??as I'm not really happy with my face right now the breakouts are just to much that I can't take anymore..please help me with this problem.its been a month now since I use it and the breakouts is not stoping..I'm not really happy with the result that I am experiencing right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Youth in a bar, 27 Nov. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this product, 26 Feb. 2015
I have a sensitive skin with acnes and scars. I love this product. Although it is quite expensive, I have used for nearly 10 months. My scares have been disappeared a lot, amazing product! just love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS SOAP!, 3 Oct. 2013
I really love it. It helps me a lot to improve my skin. completely clean! And it is 50 pound in Harrods in London. It is much cheaper on amazon!!!! It is amazing!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!!, 10 May 2014
The best cleaser I've ever used! Just not sure why it's only $45 in U.S but £45 at Harrods!! It's about £18 more for the same thing, awfully greedy retailer! Of course will only get it on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars soap, 20 July 2015
Really nice soap but pricey

5.0 out of 5 stars !!!, 29 Mar. 2013
perfect!send very quick and the soap is amazing!!!the soap in the official website is 45pound!i feel suprise for the price

ERNO LASZLO Sea Mud Deep Cleansing Bar 150 g