on 3 June 2012
Bought this over other cantilever mounts on Amazon largely because of price. I am very surprised at the high quality of this products and absolutely delighted. Having looked at items many times more expensive in PC World and Currys I can say that this is a good product and feels strong and well put together. Everything you need to mount comes in the box with each type of screw, raw plug, allen key etc., in their own pouch. There is a also a wall template so you don't have to hold the bracket up to the wall to mark your holes - but watch out - it is only cardboard (same brown colour as the packaging box) and so could be easily missed. I have mounted in a corner to a 32" panasonic and at full length I can get the tv rotating at 90 deg. The amount of rotation, tilt and swivel is as covered in the description and appears to work well. I found the mounting of the bracket and the mounting of the tv on the bracket a nice and simple operation - a well thought out design with a simple cable management attachment too.

There is some play in the horizontal plane for the tilt mechanism that connects to the vesa mount (not unexpected) so that even though the bracket was connected vertically (using spirit level) the TV was not perfectly horizontal. However there is an adjustment for this using a simple thumb screw and it took a few seconds to get it all balanced.

Matt black finish with tight movement (rather than loose) I simply cannot fault. If I needed another cantilever bracket i would buy another of these.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 August 2012
The bracket came with plenty of screws and washers. It was easy to install an adjust and the 42" tv looks great on the wall less cluttered. Very well designed and finished I would definitely give it 5stars.
Quick delivery
review image review image
on 10 June 2012
Sturdy. Easy to instal. Great selection of fittings. Good little cardboard template, that is easy to miss if you are not looking for it (thanks to another reviewer for that). Most difficult thing for us was trying to remove the stand we had attached to our TV previously. LOL!! Does as it says at a price that can't be knocked. :)
on 1 January 2013
In my opinion, there is insufficient design strength in the screen tilt mechanism (horizontal axis).
An M5 Stainless Cap Bolt(probably Grade 8.8) is used to pinch the bracket. This is adequate for the purpose. However, it is screwed into a tapped thread in a punched hole in the thin structural steel plate. This weak thread tapping was stripped when trying to secure a 32" flat screen TV (VESA 200x200). Unfortunately, purchasers are only likely to discover this weakness when they have already mounted the bracket to the wall.

The good news is that it is easily fixed by using a stainless M5 nut or lock-nut (not supplied in the kit, but easily obtainable from DIY retailers).

I suggest that the manufacturers modify the design for a stronger pinch mechanism using a locknut. In the meantime, I can still recommend the bracket to anyone prepared to buy a pack of M5 nuts at the same time.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 June 2012
I have a 40" TV that I have just mounted on the wall using this bracket. Initially I was concerned due to the weight of the TV on whether the bracket would hold it, but it does with ease. Excellent value for money, highly recommended
on 7 July 2012
I have been really pleased with this bracket. I have actually got a 55" LG LED TV hanging on it and there is no problem at all. I wanted a bracket that would allow me to position the tv flat against the wall or to pull it out at whatever angle I choose depending on the number of people we have in the room and the position of the sun. We have a large lounge with windows at both ends, so reflection on the TV screen sometimes has to be catered for. The sun comes through the back windows in the morning and the front in the evenings! The TV weighs 23Kg, so the bracket itself has no problem supporting it, even when the bracket is fully extended. The important thing is the choice of fastenter that you use to attach the bracket to the wall. Make sure that is correct for your type of wall and you will be fine. I chose this bracket because it allows me to get the TV as close to the wall as possible when I want it flat to the wall. But also I chose it because the overall length of it was less than half of the width of the TV. This means that I can have the arm fully extended with the TV flat to the wall and then swing the arm through 180 degrees to end up with the TV flat against the wall 1 metre further down the wall. Obviously you need to manipulate the TV itself using the swivel function at the end of the bracket as you swing it around, or you will end up with the TV facing the wall!!! But the point is, the articulation that this arm allows means that I can angle the TV in any position around that 180 degree arc and you cannot see the bracket. I have also brought all of the Blu ray, Sky and power cables up through the wall directly under the bracket, so they also remain hidden at all times. I really cannot understand why people pay hundreds of pounds for TV brackets.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 September 2014
Item has now arrived however arrived damaged and parts missing no communication via vonHaus will not recomennd how can i fit this without any screws ... really.
on 19 February 2014
Well what can I say. My partner and I had been looking around the shops for a tv bracket. They were either stupidly priced or felt like they were not hold a tv on the wall for more than five mins so when my partner showed me this that he had found whilst searching amazon I was a bit reluctant. How wrong could I be! The product arrived very promptly, well packaged, feels like brilliant quality, very sturdy and fantastic value for money. We are very pleased and would highly recommend this product to others! It's a fraction of the price that you can fins one in the shops of the same quality :)
on 27 November 2012
However is is much heavier than expected which prevents it being used
on a hollow wall even if you have a very light TV, which I had.
Couldn't use it.
on 15 January 2013
Been toying with the idea of wall mounting my 47" LG 3D TV for some time. Saw a variety of wall brackets on Amazon but with obvious trepidation as I didn't want some cheap affair that left my TV on the floor in bits. I read a LOT of reviews and in the end decided to take the plunge and bought this. Wish I'd done it sooner!

The plus side - A cheap yet solid wall mount with full flexibilty that is pleasing on the eye. There is only 7cm between the wall and the TV when it is pushed all the way back and that is with the use of the 15mm spacers allowing room for the cables.
I have had this at full extension and there are no signs of instability to fuel my fears of a catastrophe. All screws, bolts and spacers are provided.

On the negative - As highlighted in previous reviews, the pinch bolt that secures the tilt motion is not up to the job. This was simply rectified with a short trip to the DIY store and the purchase of a wing nut costing pennies - Problem solved
The other issue was that the top 2 mount holes, although ideal if you are securing into wooden joists, appear to be a little close together for mounting into masonery. As I was mounting into a brick wall I decided to leave one of the bolts out (Recommended in a previous review). Again, there was no need to worry as the bolts are more than up to the task.

If you're seeking to wall mount your TV requiring a flexible viewing angle, a professional looking finish and peace of mind - look no further.