5.0 out of 5 stars Cantilever Wall Mount is a winner
Published on 3 Jun 2012 by AndyBro

3.0 out of 5 stars Inadequate design strength in tilt mechanism
In my opinion, there is insufficient design strength in the screen tilt mechanism (horizontal axis).
Published 23 months ago by np

5.0 out of 5 stars Cantilever Wall Mount is a winner, 3 Jun 2012
This review is from: VonHaus by Designer Habitat Ultra Slim Cantilever Swivel & Tilt Wall Mount TV Bracket for 26-55 inch for LCD, LED, 3D, Plasma TV, Max VESA 400x400 (Accessory)
Bought this over other cantilever mounts on Amazon largely because of price. I am very surprised at the high quality of this products and absolutely delighted. Having looked at items many times more expensive in PC World and Currys I can say that this is a good product and feels strong and well put together. Everything you need to mount comes in the box with each type of screw, raw plug, allen key etc., in their own pouch. There is a also a wall template so you don't have to hold the bracket up to the wall to mark your holes - but watch out - it is only cardboard (same brown colour as the packaging box) and so could be easily missed. I have mounted in a corner to a 32" panasonic and at full length I can get the tv rotating at 90 deg. The amount of rotation, tilt and swivel is as covered in the description and appears to work well. I found the mounting of the bracket and the mounting of the tv on the bracket a nice and simple operation - a well thought out design with a simple cable management attachment too.

There is some play in the horizontal plane for the tilt mechanism that connects to the vesa mount (not unexpected) so that even though the bracket was connected vertically (using spirit level) the TV was not perfectly horizontal. However there is an adjustment for this using a simple thumb screw and it took a few seconds to get it all balanced.

Matt black finish with tight movement (rather than loose) I simply cannot fault. If I needed another cantilever bracket i would buy another of these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Inadequate design strength in tilt mechanism, 1 Jan 2013
An M5 Stainless Cap Bolt(probably Grade 8.8) is used to pinch the bracket. This is adequate for the purpose. However, it is screwed into a tapped thread in a punched hole in the thin structural steel plate. This weak thread tapping was stripped when trying to secure a 32" flat screen TV (VESA 200x200). Unfortunately, purchasers are only likely to discover this weakness when they have already mounted the bracket to the wall.

The good news is that it is easily fixed by using a stainless M5 nut or lock-nut (not supplied in the kit, but easily obtainable from DIY retailers).

I suggest that the manufacturers modify the design for a stronger pinch mechanism using a locknut. In the meantime, I can still recommend the bracket to anyone prepared to buy a pack of M5 nuts at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Item!, 10 Jun 2012
Sturdy. Easy to instal. Great selection of fittings. Good little cardboard template, that is easy to miss if you are not looking for it (thanks to another reviewer for that). Most difficult thing for us was trying to remove the stand we had attached to our TV previously. LOL!! Does as it says at a price that can't be knocked. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 28 Dec 2013
H. Jamali - See all my reviews
I bought this to hold my 50 inch LG plasma. I have to say I am a little scared that one day it will break and fall. It feels sturdy when the arms aren't fully extended. When the arms are extended though the sliding mechanism becomes a little stiff and you just get the feeling that it could snap although it hasn't . I am reluctant to extend the arm fully due this. If you have a modern plasma you should be fine because they are significantly lighter in weight than the old ones. Mine weighs towards the upper limit supposedly this bracket can hold but it does struggle . Otherwise as described

2.0 out of 5 stars Knobs too small, 14 May 2013
dc "triode" (Bangor, County Down, UK) - See all my reviews
The sideways tilt knob is too small to tighten the assembly and you have to use pliers - with the danger of stripping the threads. A large wing not would be better. Perhaps a rubber washer would would hepl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay more?, 7 July 2012
I have been really pleased with this bracket. I have actually got a 55" LG LED TV hanging on it and there is no problem at all. I wanted a bracket that would allow me to position the tv flat against the wall or to pull it out at whatever angle I choose depending on the number of people we have in the room and the position of the sun. We have a large lounge with windows at both ends, so reflection on the TV screen sometimes has to be catered for. The sun comes through the back windows in the morning and the front in the evenings! The TV weighs 23Kg, so the bracket itself has no problem supporting it, even when the bracket is fully extended. The important thing is the choice of fastenter that you use to attach the bracket to the wall. Make sure that is correct for your type of wall and you will be fine. I chose this bracket because it allows me to get the TV as close to the wall as possible when I want it flat to the wall. But also I chose it because the overall length of it was less than half of the width of the TV. This means that I can have the arm fully extended with the TV flat to the wall and then swing the arm through 180 degrees to end up with the TV flat against the wall 1 metre further down the wall. Obviously you need to manipulate the TV itself using the swivel function at the end of the bracket as you swing it around, or you will end up with the TV facing the wall!!! But the point is, the articulation that this arm allows means that I can angle the TV in any position around that 180 degree arc and you cannot see the bracket. I have also brought all of the Blu ray, Sky and power cables up through the wall directly under the bracket, so they also remain hidden at all times. I really cannot understand why people pay hundreds of pounds for TV brackets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product!, 19 Feb 2014
Well what can I say. My partner and I had been looking around the shops for a tv bracket. They were either stupidly priced or felt like they were not hold a tv on the wall for more than five mins so when my partner showed me this that he had found whilst searching amazon I was a bit reluctant. How wrong could I be! The product arrived very promptly, well packaged, feels like brilliant quality, very sturdy and fantastic value for money. We are very pleased and would highly recommend this product to others! It's a fraction of the price that you can fins one in the shops of the same quality :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Jun 2012
Mr. R. Firkins (UK) - See all my reviews
I have a 40" TV that I have just mounted on the wall using this bracket. Initially I was concerned due to the weight of the TV on whether the bracket would hold it, but it does with ease. Excellent value for money, highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars The one to go for., 25 Nov 2014
Chuffed to bits with this. I had looked at buying one of these in Currys/PC World and was shocked at the huge price. Fortunately the store I visited didn't have the item i needed in stock. Only then did I even think to check Amazon !
Got this for £5 and £10 postage, no surprise on that as it is heavy in it's box. It comes with all the attachments and fittings you could need for the largest of TV's hence there are a lot of "Left Overs" once you have put it up.
Instructions are clear and concise telling you which screws/washers etc. to use with which size of TV. Pivots either way so can be fitted in almost any location.
Once up it felt like I could hang on it never mind my new 38" kitchen telly. I am confident my shiny new TV is securely fixed to the wall and it can be positioned in any position we may need it. I would buy another of these in a heartbeat if I needed one.
100% recommendation from me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Product is as described, 27 Nov 2012
However is is much heavier than expected which prevents it being used
on a hollow wall even if you have a very light TV, which I had.
Couldn't use it.