on 13 December 2012
It lasts a decent amount of time. It cleans VERY effectively. Any reviewers commenting on a black smear, well I get no such smearing. The carbon is NORMAL, it's how it cleans. It absorbs fingerprints, etc.

The pens come with a microfibre cloth.

I HIGHLY recommend you buy an air blower to go with them if you haven't. then you will have all you need to keep the camera in shape and take clear pics.
on 17 November 2012
Good value, and works unbelievably well. Only time will tell, how long they'll last thought.

It would be useful to know how to clean the heads in case they become contaminated with dirt. Also a cap on the brush end to keep dirt away would be helpful as they then could just be kept loose. With the current design, it's wise to keep them wrapped up to avoid dirt getting into the brushes.
on 20 September 2012
Its quick and easy to clean my lenses, view finder etc. but heed the warning NOT to use on Circular Polarisers.
on 10 December 2012
I've used the single filter cleaning pens for a few years now and always found it very effective and easy to use. Getting a new camera with a small viewfinder lens made me think getting one for that would be good however when I looked at it further getting the pack made far more economic sense. You get the three pens (micro/viewfinder, filter & actual lens) all of which have the brush built in too. There is also a carry bag which doubles as a cloth cleaner. They really do work very well indeed - one of those "must have" things to take with me.
on 7 April 2013
This looks as though it should be the perfect outfit to clean your DSLR, but you end up with three separate pens, each supposedly for a completely different purpose. What's more, the first time I used one of them the bristles fell off and I had to reglue them or send them back. I chose to reglue them since I could, but I wasn't impressed by the quality.
on 19 February 2013
With built in brush and a cleaning tip which refreshes each time you put the cap on. They say will last up to 700 cleans and because no liquids are involved wont dry up or go out of date. Cost effective compared with pens bought singly there is a small one for viewfinders and 2 larger ones for lens and filters. Cleaning is quick and easy especially for the likes of me who forgets to put the lens caps back on. A must for every camera bag. Another plus is the microfibres cleaning cloth doubles as a carrier for the three pens
on 24 November 2012
I am delighted with these pens.
I had smudges of last summers sun cream and this years dust on my lenses. I attempted to clean with a lint free cloth and lens cleaner but this just smeared the dirt about rather than lifting it away.
A couple of minutes with my new LensPens and all my camera lenses are bright and free of dust plus the view finders and filters too! The pens are small and light so will remain in my camera pack.
I am very relieved and very happy!
on 12 September 2013
I've used various types of lens pens, clothes and solutions since I took up photography back in 2006 on a semi-professional level.
These Lenspens are the original & best of carbon based lens cleaning pens in the business. Which comes with a cloth for cleaning your LCD Screen which has three pockets sewn in to it to hold the three pens.
The pens come in three sizes. the largest is for cleaning Filters, the middle size for cleaning your lenses and the smaller one is ideal for the viewing optic or mini lenses on your phone or ipads for instance.
This particular set is the cheapest I have found on the net and considering they are the best there is, you can go wrong. the other good point is that the pen lids are now screw on, so they stay on when in your bag, rather than popping off like they used to.
well done Lenspen for making such an improvement and dropping your price to less than half the original costs, when they came out a few years ago. Pro-Photographer, Mark Eddiford, UK..
on 8 August 2013
I had undertaken a bit of research for the best product(s) for cleaning my lenses and having looked at a range of products opted for the Lenspen set which would allow me to maintain my lenses, filters and view finders liquid free.

The pack which offers three lenses in different sizes allow me to remove general dirt using the brush before using the carbon compound to remove finger prints, smudges, etc.

The brush retracts nicely which prevents dirt getting into it and the screw on top keeps the carbon compound securely protected. The carry pouch is a nice extra and saves me have three pens rattling around in my camera bag.
on 13 May 2016
These came well packaged and protected. The packaging has a little information about the product on, and it quite useful. They come with a handy bag to keep them in, and a mini one for cleaning the viewfinder which is very useful as mine does tend to get a bit dusty.

I would always recommend having one of these in your kit bag.

The Lenspen is a godsend. It's long lasting, safe and leaves no residue on the lens. My first two lasted a year of very sporadic use, although once I started to get into photography very heavily, they soon needed replacing. They make a special one for lenses and a different one for filters. The lens one is curved slightly to follow the contours of a lens, and the filter one is flat. It's worth buying one of each, as they don't work as well as you would think on each other.

The brush can easily pick up grease from your hand, but I have washed mine with a little washing up liquid when that has happened and they dried perfectly and now don't smear grease on the lens. When this happened I cleaned the grease with the top of the Lenspen and then that ended up with grease on it, so when I cleaned the lens it just smeared grease. Be aware, they are great for fingerprints, but for oily greasy stuff, they will end up coated. I also washed the other end of my Lenspen, as an emergency measure until my replacement gets here, and it has also dried fine, although I haven't tried to use it as I haven't needed to (and hopefully wont before the new one arrives).

The Lenspen works by charging itself with carbon which is in the cap, so it's essential that you put the cap back on the pen to help it keep charged. The carbon does a fantastic job of clearing grime on the lens. You need to inspect your lens pen regularly, when the black fabric coating on the tip is fraying or peeling at the edges, it's time to get a new one. If that peels off the stuff underneath isn't designed to be used to clean a lens and could damage your lens.

I read somewhere that the Lenspen leaves a very fine coating of carbon on the lens that isn't visible to the naked eye, and doesn't visibly effect your photos, but it helps to keep your lens anti-static to stop it picking up more dust and hair.

Lenspen is a brand I really trust with my cleaning equipment, and I almost exclusively only use them. The only non Lenspen stuff I use is cleaning fluid and a cloth, as they don't make fluid, and I'm yet to come across their cloth that doesn't come in a kit.

Great bit of kit, it's well worth purchasing.

The bad reviews must have got duds, as I have never seen any residue, and they do an amazing job of cleaning my lenses and filters.

As for the price, it may not be the cheapest thing in the world, but Lenspen is a brand that's worth paying for as you can trust them to make good quality items. In my opinion, it may be overpriced, but you are paying for the confidence that it's made by Lenspen and not an unknown Chinese manufacturer that doesn't care about their reputation. Your camera gear is expensive, why skimp on the stuff you use to take care of it?